123abc
Years ago

World Basketball News

NBA
---------------------------

76ers 108 def. Lakers 92

Andre Iguodala scored 31 points and the Philadelphia 76ers spoiled the return of Kobe Bryant with their sixth straight victory, 108-92 over the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday night.-NBA.com
More

Top Scorers:

LAL: Byrant 30pts, Williams 14pts
76ers: Iguodala 31pts, Miller 23pts

Big Stats:

Dalembert (Philly) 16rbs+12pts
---------------------------------

Boston 118 def. Seattle 103

Al Jefferson had 31 points and 16 rebounds, Paul Pierce added 21 points, and the Boston Celtics rallied for a 118-103 victory over the Seattle SuperSonics on Friday night.-NBA.com
More

Top Scorers:

Seattle: Allen 22pts, Watson,Collison 17pts

Boston: Jefferson 31pts, Pierce 21pts

Big Stats:

Jefferson (Boston) 16rbs,4 asts, 31pts in 36 mins

Atlanta 106 def. Memphis 105

Josh Smith scored 20 points, including the go-ahead three-point play with 11.5 seconds left, to give the Atlanta Hawks a 106-105 win Friday night over Memphis, the Grizzlies' sixth straight loss.-NBA.com
More

Top Scorers:

Memphis: Miller 29pts, Gay, Swift 15pts

Atlanta: Smith 20pts, Childress, Williams 17pts

Big Stats:

Swift (Memphis) 13rbs,15pts in 31 mins

Other NBA Results:

Miami 105 def. Minnesota 91

Houston 112 def. New Jersey 91

Phoenix 104 def. Oklahoma 103

Pistons 95 def. Nuggets 82

In Progress:

Clippers 44 Warriors 51
5:10 2nd Quarter
Euroleague

Tau Ceramica - Maccabi Elite 94 - 73

Dynamo Moscow - Aris TT Bank 71 - 69

Efes Pilsen - Panathinaikos 65 - 79

DKV Joventut - CSKA Moscow 65 - 73

Olympiacos - Partizan 79 - 75

Pau-Orthez - Lottomatica 74 - 69

Prokom - Winterthur FCB 59 - 77

Benetton Treviso - Unicaja 76 - 79

Record night for Tau Ceramica

Tau Ceramica set one record, tied another and came close to a third while roaring to a 99-56 home victory against Lottomatica Roma in Top 16's Group D on Wednesday. Tau's 43-point margin was the most ever in a Top 16 game. -EuroNet
More

NCAA

North Carolina 73 def. Florida State 58

An Atlantic Coast Conference title is about the only thing missing from Roy Williams' resume as a head coach, and he concedes it would be really sweet to win one this weekend.-ESPN.com

More

Ohio State 72 def. Michigan 62

Greg Oden took a half to get acclimated. Once he settled in, he became the force on offense that No. 1 Ohio State needed for its 15th straight victory.-ESPN
More

Michael Jordon Interview

Delvin:What led to your decision to get involved with the Charlotte Bobcats?

Michael Jordan: It was a lot of components. (Bobcats Majority Owner) Bob (Johnson) was on me for a couple of years actually, trying to get me involved. In the mix of that, I was still trying to find my own team and evaluate all of the different opportunities that were coming up. I felt like it would be somewhat of a compliment if I was looking for a team, then at the same time, trying to become a minority owner. Actually, I didn't want to become a minority owner of a team because of what I just came out of with Washington, so I was looking for more of a control situation where I could give myself some time to develop the whole program that I felt like could benefit the franchise. You saw obviously what happened in D.C. and Bob came to me at the last minute saying that he would at least give me the opportunity to become a minority owner and still take a control aspect of the basketball portion.

More

Interview with Matjaz Smodis, CSKA Moscow

You have won a continental title before, with Kinder Bologna. Is the life of a champ during the next season really different in terms of competing with perhaps more of an air of confidence maybe based on winning the year before?

"Of course, there's a lot of confidence and winning surely helps that. This year lot has been a lot easier for everybody, since we know each other more, plus we have more confidence from the results last year. In that sense, it is easier, but like I said before, we can't get overconfident, which can be the downside. We've got to keep showing up every day at practice and being ready for every game. Everyone sees us as defending champs, but we have to see it the other way."

More

Gilbert Arenas Blog

5-for-5 from 3-Point Range vs. Toronto

I've been shooting the ball well ever since the chiropractor came in and basically popped my shoulder back into place. For everybody who says a shoulder injury does not hurt, it hurts! Like, if Dwyane Wade comes back, he's a brave man. I was playing with pain for a month and a half and mine was just out of place a little bit. Just my clavicle was pushed in. I just thought it was sore the whole time, I didn't know it was actually out of place. So they popped it in and when they popped it in, all that pain just released and I just went down there and started shooting and I was just back on target. So I was like, "Oh, OK. I'm back just like that?"
The next game it was a good 2-for-9 from three because they was just in-and-out. It was a good 2-for-9. I was hitting jumpers. The stroke was on. It was on lean, it was ready.

More

NZ NBL

Century City Wellington Saints 98 (Adrian Majstrovich 20, Andrew Rice 17)

Youthtown Auckland Stars 79 (Lindsay Tait 22, Casey Frank 16)

Former MVP Adrian Majstrovich celebrated his debut for the Century City Wellington Saints with a "double double" as his team opened the 2007 Dominion Finance NBL with a comprehensive 98-79 road win over Youthtown Auckland Stars.-BBNZ.org
More

CBA (Chinese Basketball Association

Jilin Tonggang bt Zhejiang Guangsha 123-98

Liaoning Panpan bt Shanghai Huizhong 107-102

Xinjiang Guanghui bt Fujian SBS 105-100

Shaanxi Hansi bt Dongguan New Century 123-119

Yunnan Honghe lost to Beijing Jingyu 88-102

Guangdong Hongyuan bt Shanxi Zhongyu 111-96

Zhejiang Cyclone lost to Shandong Huangjin 116-126

Bayi Rockets bt Jiangsu Dahua 101-97

Topic #10681 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

got a bit of spare time 123abc.......

Reply #123605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha, was thinking the exact same thing. Don't mean to be rude, but realistically people will search for that same info on the specific sites. Not really any need to put it on here. Unless there is a talking point.

Reply #123611 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

123abc, thanks for the efforts a few things there I wouldnt normally look up/read.

Reply #123612 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

123abc thanks that was good keep it up.

Reply #123613 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

123abc

Good work. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have seen the Jordan Interview.

Reply #123658 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

I am especially glad that Liaoning Panpan bt Shanghai Huizhong 107-102...........

Reply #123689 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Not.........

Reply #123690 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:37 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754