Reign
Years ago

Why bag other district teams

Hi Everyone,

this will probably cause a huge up roar but nothing like a weekly up-roar to make things interesting.

I have been playing district for now 15 years and for all this time I have heard woodville this and Centrals that and West did this and blah blah blah...

I understand if a club I don't know played a U20 in an u18 team or something really serious. But why do parents of there kids teams or even coaches, come out and bag other teams..

Is it that serious that your playing for sheep stations ?

It's your kids playing it's not NBL or NBA etc..

So why does this happen ?

Topic #10717 | Report this topic

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Tall-Poppy Syndrome

Reply #124037 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Competitive behaviour, though much of it is unnecessary. Keep it on the court...

Reply #124040 | Report this post

Reign  
Years ago

yeah i agree on both posts..thanks

Reply #124041 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

because unfortunately there are people in this world who have a problem with not being the best or having the best, so therefore if there is a team that is better etc, or a player that is better than them or their's, they have to make themselves feel better by finding fault with the better team or player.

but then why do people bag Central?

who knows?? bit of a conundrum isn't it??

Reply #124045 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah, I've been getting sick of having to sift through the boring/negative and non productive district slurs just to get to the interesting INFO!

Reply #124046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I agree, now back to the bagging. haha

Reply #124053 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

#124053 deserves a ball

Reply #124054 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

isnt this a bit ironic

Reply #124057 | Report this post

Alanis  
Years ago

Yeah, I really do think.
A little tooooo Ironic.

Reply #124060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think its tall poppy syndrome at all. I think most of it done by people that feel they have failed at a club and feel the need to blame someone for their failure. They blame a club. This is non-sensical because most club's leaderships change ever 2-3 yrs anyway. The other reason is some people feel threatened. Rather than put faith in their skills and abilities they would rather publicly bag clubs. They choose clubs that they think are an easy target.

Reply #124070 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

What is ironic about it?

Reply #124077 | Report this post

Orlando Smith  
Years ago

what about the other side of the coin, there are players out there that have been failed by their club (I guess staff and coaches as well) Parents on committees pushing their own adgendas and letting good basketball people slip through their fingers as it is often the only recourse.

I am bitter with a club that I have been involved with in the past, I felt that I was working in the best interest of the club but my work was not inline with some of the committee's personal adgendas and when a crucial decision was made that showed me I did not have the committee's support I felt it was best to go.

I guess I believe that club bashing isn't just a one way street and both the club and its members can fail one and other.

Maybe we could use the fall back...if you dont have anything nice to say...

Peace
Tubby

Reply #124078 | Report this post

Maslow  
Years ago

Look at Maslows Hirearchy of needs. There seem to be very few self actualised people involved with basketball that post on this forum. The main troubles come from the Sturt I beleive. They seem very insecure.

Reply #124093 | Report this post

Analyze This  
Years ago

Last week we had the internet economist, now we have the internet psychologist analyzing a whole club no less! In the words of Tom Cruise, "spare me the psychobabble bullshit!".

Reply #124106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maslow - way to answer the question........whilst bagging a club!!
Nice double.

I've heard Sturt called many things over the years - arrogant, condescending etc. - insecure was never one of them.

Reply #124108 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Maslow

I beg to differ.......

Reply #124110 | Report this post

Reign  
Years ago

Spadge : what is Ironic ?

I guess it could be the bashing from members of that team who don't even play for that team but because they Coach and or have some sort of dealings in it they think their teams are oh so great.

I'm not sure but I guess that could be something aswell.

Reply #124143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

people bag centrals and eastern bcos they suk.

Reply #124179 | Report this post

maslow  
Years ago

124179, If that is the case why would you choose to bag them. If you really beleive you are in a dominant position and have the skills to back it up why come on here and anonymously talk smack. Better yet, become self actualised, back yourself, and join these clubs. You may be the man to turn them around. You my friend have not even surpassed the need to feel wanted and loved. You are lashing out at those you beleive to be weaker when infact you are weak.

To put another spin on it for 'analyze this' you are at the bottom of John Woddens pyramid of success.

Reply #124185 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

all these people who knock clubs are on here saying its not constructive but still going a head with it all we need is a booga sob story of how people bash woodville and this thread would be complete

Reply #124239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maslow - i know it's now week three of Uni, but save your recently acquired knowledge for your assignments. People bag other clubs because that's what's been done in the past, so that's what will happen and will continue to happen (unless there's a revolution).

Reply #124244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look out... I can feel a "ring me at the blues office" coming on!

Reply #124316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh im so sad people always bash woodville.... hang on.... bugger, im not booga. can somebody call an adult- i need an adult!!!

Reply #124332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bag other clubs because it makes me feel like a real big man.

Reply #124337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard an un-named person from a certain club rang up John Wooden and offered his "pyramid of success" a spot in the starting 5.

Reply #124344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stfu everybody sturt are the best and everyone nos it ok!

Reply #124398 | Report this post

why do people bag clubs coz of clubs like woodville and thier have to be a lezzo to play in my team polocies

west if ur parents aret suckin on one one div 1 or 2 for u

sturt and thier come play for us now ur in the state team

torrens and thier cant get a div 2 gig with anyone else aye oh well we'll take u

if anyone would like to add i cant think of anything else right now

Reply #124527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood losers

eagles wankers

south gay gay gay

tigers smokers of the .....

torrens al greens money spinners

adeladie uni wankers wankers wankers

centrals feral wankers

eastern hey ma get off the dang roof

flinders could u get a worse court minders

north wankers and close contenders for worse courts

west gotta love brown nosing and thier div scorers acting like its nbl

woodville could u get a crapper div 1 womens coach

Reply #124543 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

does anyone know how to spell?

Reply #124692 | Report this post

Mrs Jones  
Years ago

Have had the "how to spell" "know your gramma or is that grammar" thread before - nuffinkk changes stays the same - "Spadge" (sorry Spadge)is one of the worst offenders and there are some anonymous threads that just reek "Spadge" all over them because of the spelling and grammar

Reply #124695 | Report this post

Margaret Thatcher  
Years ago

Dear Spadge - ooh daahling can we start a thread on how you got this name - I am absolutely intrigued - "SPADGE" what does this mean it is so unusual compared to everyone else's names - you know your dear friend "BOOGA" we know what thats about and TONY BLAIR - we have not heard from him lately I must invite him around for a cuppa with a splash of something - I cant say what on here - kiddies might be reading. You are one of the true characters of this HOOPS thingo and keep us all entertained

Reply #124697 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

i dont use Anonymous for a handle because right or wrong i stand by what i believe i dont need to hide behind an Anonymous handle and yes my spelling is bad but hey i cant be perfect all the time :)

Reply #124731 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

and as for my name "Spadge" its not a PG rating so i can't tell but i will say this it ryhmes with hunt

Reply #124733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:06 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754