k07
Years ago

We'll Miss You Blacky

Just like to say what a legend Steven Black has been for the bullets over the past couple of seasons. We'll miss him greatly, but hopefully he'll have the same success overseas that he brought to Brisbane. And if he comes back to play in Australia, he'll always get a warm reception in Brisbane. Unless he plays for Perth or Adelaide. Because those clubs are full of whingeing wankers.

Topic #10734 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Full article:

If Italy-bound Stephen Black does return to the NBL, it won't be to the Brisbane Bullets.

Less than a week after winning their first championship in 20 years, the Bullets have lost the mercurial 26-year-old shooting guard.
Black's departure may not be the last, with veteran big man Mark Bradtke, star import Ebi Ere and bench guard Mick Hill also off contract and no certainties to re-sign.

Reply #124274 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

we are wankers yet you also say Black is a ledgend, there is something wrong here and it aint't the sixers or wildcat fans.

Reply #124276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No doubt the Europe thing is just an excuse to all of a sudden end up playing with his old man in Cairns. Cairns have also cleaned house recently in order to fit him in.

Reply #124282 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Did a Brisbane fan come on here to whinge about Adelaide and Perth fans being whingers???????

Reply #124301 | Report this post

k07  
Years ago

Not a whinge. Statement of fact. Its not Brisbane, Melbourne or even Sydneys fault that Perth and Adelaide sucked this year. East Coast is just better. Sorry.

Reply #124305 | Report this post

Love the ;  
Years ago

k07, you mean that the eastcoast teams just ignore the salary cap each and every season.... that is what you really wanted to say wasnt it?

Black goes to europe (good luck with that one, he,he,he)Black gets cut after 1 month & suprise, suprise he ends up playing in his old man's team because you fools in brisbane just let him walk out of the club for nothing. Following the 6ers we do have some past history with that "I want to go to europe" thing.

Its been done to death before oh wise one; Im just suprised you would get on here and make a complete jackass of yourself!

Reply #124309 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

I dont think Eddie cares to much, he has finally won (bought a championship). Black, Ebi and Bradtke are on around 150 -200k, then hill around 90k. so thats a whole lot of saving for eddie!

Black will be either at cairns or the gold coast!

Reply #124325 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Hey K07 I didn't see you gloating on here when Bribane were crap so go and get stuffed.

Reply #124336 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Don't feed the troll folks!

On the subject of 'Blacky' though, he must have been, what, Brisbane's 7th best player this season?

Also on Brisbane, I notice that their top 5 players all averaged over 50% from the field this season. The Sixers had one, with only four guys averaging over 40% on the season. That stat tells a compelling tale!

Reply #124342 | Report this post

Love the ;  
Years ago

(#124336) Please give this guy a ball!

Reply #124343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stephen Black will return and play 4 his dad's team coz his dad will give him 45 minutes per game..

Just like how Joyce gave his son ridiculous minutes that he didnt deserve

Reply #124371 | Report this post

The Watcher  
Years ago

I actually reckon Black is a good player, and shock horror I am from Adelaide?? Why bag the guy?? He can obviously play??

Reply #124382 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

(#124371)
When Black and son were in Perth son should have been given considerably more time than he actually had. And when he left (son) and played so well I bet there was a lot of people saying if only he gave him more time!!!

It was a bit of no win situation. But now his court time is well justified.

Reply #124387 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The reason he didn't play as well in Perth with his father as coach is because the coach was his father. Anyone with adolescent kids will know that it doesn't matter how much you tell them to do, they just don't listen to their parents.

Reply #124444 | Report this post

k07  
Years ago

All I'm saying is, whenever anyone apart from Adelaide or Perth wins, there are always excuses. I'm sorry we're a far superior team. Just move on. I have never met a larger section of poor losers. I have a friend who supports Port in the AFL and he assures me Crows fans are exactly the same, just like West Coast. Grab every concession they can, then when they get smashed, its always the other team cheating. Pathetic. And the worst thing is, I actually don't mind guys like Farley, Maher, Redhage and Crawford but the fans are such goddam babies it makes beating them so sweet. And frequent.

Reply #124491 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

So you come onto this site and start hanging sh!t on all Adelaide and Perth fans, when we respond by making the obvious point that Brisbane were clearly well over the cap that makes us sore losers? Huh? If we flooded Brisbane forums with sob stories then fair play, but you're the one coming here and talking smack. What are you? 13?

Reply #124501 | Report this post

k07  
Years ago

Sigh. I come on these forums, as well as Ozhoops to find out whats going on around the league, because the NBL site always seems to be a step behind. Normally, I enjoy the discussion about a sport that gets so little attention from the mainstream media. Unfortunately, as has been the case in the AFL, despite the fact that you have no proof whatsoever, you slander the champs just because they're better than any team you've ever had. Thats the behaviour of a 13 year old. Most of us learnt in primary school to lose with a bit of grace. Brisbane lost 6 games this year, we weren't unbeatable. That includes a loss to NZ, and where did they finish? If you had the team, or the heart, maybe you could have too.

Reply #124516 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Don't remember seeing you on here when your team had such luminaries as Sheldon Quarles and Kelvin Price on it or when your team was so bad you qualified along with Canberra to have 3 imports play for you so sit on it you piece of trash.Perhaps you are a former bullets player in disguise.

Reply #124517 | Report this post

k07  
Years ago

I wish. Nope, just got broadband hooked up last year. Been a season ticket holder for four. I must say though, its interesting to see the number of people who talk about getting a season ticket again for the sixers, if they sign newley and ballinger. Is it that easy to ditch your team in Adelaide?

Reply #124522 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

We aren't used to not making the playoffs and having to wait 20 years between titles and the motley crew that impersonated the sixers weren't up to scratch so now we are reloading.

Reply #124533 | Report this post

k07  
Years ago

Ok. Think I might stick to OZhoops. Good luck next year.

Reply #124560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical eastcoast "lOOK AT ME" garbage, but!

Read the following S L O W L Y so it S I N K S I N, but!

1) yes you eastcoasters are a better breed than us poor southerners, but!

2) your sporting teams are so much better than ours, but!

3) your states are so much more culturally advanced than the rest of Oz, but!

4) we stupid southerners still dont understand the QLD concept of getiing all dressed up......... in a pair of thongs and board shorts to go to weddings, funerals, buisness meetings ect ect, but!

5) your langauge skills are far more advanced than ours as you seem to put a reference to a bum on the end of every sentance, but!

Oh and by the way; broadband has been available here in SA for quite a number of years, but!

No dont stick to Ozhoops; please contribute as a regular to SA hoops, its bloody good for a laugh, but!

Reply #124575 | Report this post

Dandyman  
Years ago

K07

Go man

Upset these little southern suckers. There are 3 good teams in SA - Sturt, West and Forestville.

They whinge like anything and do not like change or anything that upsets their little world.

They have great difficulty in acknowledging anything or anyone is better than them.

They walk around with their heads sometimes stuck up their whatevers.

Pity cause the life style is great and nothing ever changes.

K07 do you know queenslander ? He has been on here lately too.

As they say in the classics - Go eat a banana - If you are ever heading to the land of the Big V and are out Dandenong way , call in for a beer

Reply #125056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth and Adelaide two of the greatest Spported and successfull crowd. the jungle in perth has been voted as the most hostile and toughest arena to play. the people in adelaide have also stayed loyal and have been supporting there team through the tough times. however, look at the Bullet games. it sounds and looks like you're in a libary. there crowds are quiet and fickle. as a perth fan,i reckon Adelaide fans are awesom. look at there games, it's allways packed to the rafters.

Reply #125068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754