How do you know?

Reply #124366 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Trust me.....It's done.

Reply #124368 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

i have stated this a long time ago DICKO , the offer on the table is a lot greater than the hawks can pay.

Reply #124370 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

He was right about the Bear!

So without further a do...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Reply #124372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not saying I don't believe it.. I'm really happy to have Ballinger with the Sixers, I'm just asking how does he know?

Reply #124373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davidson
Maher
Nash
Sutton
Ballinger

Well Done by the sixers so far. It looks as though I may actually buy a season ticket now. Keep up the good work and I'm there.

Reply #124374 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Don't you think if I wanted you to know, you'd know.

It's fact...leave it at that. There is no "offer on the table". He is signed.

If you have to question my accuracy, ask the owner of this board.....Isaac?

Reply #124375 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Look he was right with Ronaldson and has was right a last pre-season on several singings.

WHOO HOO!!!!

Reply #124377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheers Dicko.

Are we close to signing anyone else ??

Reply #124378 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

great signing by the 36ers! ah suffer in jocks hawks fans! Gosh hawks are stuffed!

Reply #124379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suffer in you jocks Hawks fans...Oh DrB, you total so and so.

Reply #124380 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

The Sixers like picking up ex Victoria Giant's imports hey! Very solid signing. Fits the Sixer's style better than Horvath. Can shoot the 3 well, (check out his FG%'s for last season - impressive, 58% from the field, 48% from 3). Plus, he's likely to stay on the court rather than be in foul trouble on the bench like Horvath.

Reply #124384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To follow up something I think I said once to a guy on a train...Do you think the Sixers should have a look at Mika Vukona?

Reply #124385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We like the jump shooting 4 men dont we....Brooksy, Garrison, Dusty to a certain extent...now Ballinger.

Reply #124388 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Are you close to signing anyone else? Yes, you are.

Reply #124389 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Second great news story today.

Stotts is fired, 6ers sign Ballinger and all I need now is to know the numbers for next weeks powerball.

Reply #124390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I want news on the Newley signing.......any updates there?? Is he close aswell??

Reply #124391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brooks was a 3. Cat and then Stiff was the 4.

Reply #124392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who? Mark Viduka?

Reply #124393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This must mean Phil and Steves trip to the US is to get Schensch on paper with an NBA clause and to look at possible Shooting Guard imports?!

Reply #124394 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

You'll probably need an import Small Forward all going to plan.

The Shooting Guard spot is pretty OK.

Reply #124397 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cheers once again DICKO...
124373 listen to Dicko, he will be on the money.

Reply #124399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger? who?

Reply #124401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dicko.....are you trying to say that the Sixers are close to signing an Australian Shooting Guard?? Would this be Brad Newley by any chance?

Reply #124402 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

OK....Simple.

Newley is VERY close to being a sixer.

They are also surprisingly confident about Schenser (or however the hell you spell it). That MAY have changed today with his 10-day contract with the Trailblazers.

Reply #124403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No 124393, I clearly wrote "Mika Vukona" not "Mark Viduka."

Your attempt at humour was pathetic. Ignorance isn't funny. You dim wit.

Reply #124404 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

DICKO , so i was correct when i tipped that Newley would sign by the end of this week .
From a good source i heard he was inching closer after hearing offers from Tigers , Kings and Sixers .

Reply #124405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The news about Newley is bloody awesome......he is the signing of the off season.....would be overshadowed by the signing of Schenscher slightly though!! Still....good work by the Sixers!! Schensch is only on a 10 day contract so im sure if they are that confident of signing him to announce it on the news etc that he is pretty well there, will just include an NBA waiver!!

Reply #124406 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Even though Schenscher has a 10 day contract with Portland it's highly likeley that he won't be with them for very long so we still have a good chance. As far as Newley goes, I would be very surprised if he signed with the Sixers considering his NBA plans but I'm not ruling out the possibility.

Reply #124414 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Oh and lighten up anon (#124404), it wasn't that bad.

Reply #124416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't get ur hopes up about Newley until it's a done deal!

I'll believe it when i see it

Reply #124418 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

With Newley, surely if he signs with any NBL team, it'll just be an insurance type of thing, won't it? In case things don't work out with the NBA, whether it be the draft or he just doesn't end making a roster.

Reply #124421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THE TWIN GINGERS! - if we get Schensh?

Reply #124422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley is an awesome player and would be a great pick up for any NBL or European club.....dont think he can offer the NBA anything that they cant already get or have! May get drafted but dont think he will ever play!

Reply #124424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

twenty four, I think Europe is the far more likely challenger. I would be flat out amazed/floored if he makes an NBA roster this year. I think signing him with an NBA out clause is a pretty safe bet for now, but the Euro question would be an interesting part of the negotiations.

Reply #124425 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All it takes is for him to get a sniff or hang around in the D-League and he's not suiting for the 36ers though.

Reply #124428 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

yay

Reply #124435 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I love Ballinger, great signing 36ers!

Reply #124439 | Report this post

master?  
Years ago

So Isaac, what you are saying is that Newley will not sign with the sixers?

Reply #124451 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

"No 124393, I clearly wrote "Mika Vukona" not "Mark Viduka."

Your attempt at humour was pathetic. Ignorance isn't funny. You dim wit."

I thought it was FUNNY.
You go 124393

Reply #124460 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

anon 124393 Cry me a river!

Reply #124467 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

What!!!!!!!!! AK-47, are 6ers signing Timberlake?

Reply #124470 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

lol nice one

Reply #124472 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

solid signing by the sixers when this is confirmed

Reply #124483 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Newley will sign with the Sixers then get drafted to the USA and suddenly no Newley for Sixers...

Welldone on Ballinger. Did the Hawks allow us to talk to him???

Same with the Crocs???

Reply #124508 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

124451, no, not at all. Just saying that any teams going for him take on the risk of him heading abroad. And that not making an NBA team is one thing, but the lesser option of being given a DLeague run or tried in Europe brings the same result for Adelaide fans - no Newley in a 36ers singlet.

That said, if it's on the cards, they owe it to fans and the player to give it a shot - SA team, SA player, regardless of the risk.

Reply #124514 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Totally agree Isaac....There is every chance that signing him to the sixers will NOT guarantee that he'll ever play a game for them.

He could get drafted late in the draft and told by his NBA club that he needs to go to Europe rather than back here to work on his game.

Or down to the D-League.

Or he could just be a bench sctub on an active contract.

Either of these 3 scenarios mean, signed or not, he won't play a game for the sixers.

I think you're also right, in that the 6ers should still sign him up, even with our clauses all over his contract. The intent is good and when/if he returns you guys will benefit.

Reply #124535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Atleast get Newley and Schensch contracted......worry about the rest later!! Would be pissed if we didnt go after these players for those reasons then other clubs pick them up and they end up playing!!

Reply #124536 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Could be beneficial in the long run too. Show faith in him now, chase hard and he may come back to the Sixers in years to come when his O/S days are over

Reply #124542 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Same risk exists with Schenscher - say both of them get signed and pick up NBA gigs - what then for the 36ers? Would be in need of a serious back-up plan!

Reply #124545 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Would it still count against the cap if they exercise an out clause during the season??
Apologies for the ignorance here.

Reply #124549 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably partially - maybe a percentage of the full contract based on games actually played?

Reply #124550 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cheers for that.
What about points for the cap??
Also can we even fit who we are allegedly chasing under the cap.. Newley, Ballinger and Schenscher would eat into it a fair bit wouldn't they? Add Tucker to that as well, if we are chasing him...

Reply #124554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the Sixers should look to run with 1 import and try to get as much Aussie talent as they can. That way if Newley either doesn't sign or signs and then goes overseas, the Sixers have max money (I assume Newley would be offered the max or there abouts) to throw at an import. There may not be much quality Aussie talent floating around when Newley decides his future.

Reply #124557 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I'm not sure why big Schensch would come to Australia even if he doesn't get a full year contract as it would basically mean that he won't get offered anymore 10 day contracts as he will be too far away.

2 or 3 of those for him would equal what he gets paid for a full year here, plus the chance to impress.

Reply #124588 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

nice to have Ballinger... very solid blue collar,which is exactly what we need.
looking very much forward to next season where Adelaide return to the fold

Reply #124741 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

According to a friend who has close ties with the Scench family, Big Luke is getting a bit home sick and is very much a Mummy's boy so if he doesn't get a permanant contract with an NBA team it is quite likely he will want to return to Oz and play in Adelaide. Now is definitely the right time for Phil and Steve to be pressing Luke to sign. And seriously, if he is wanted by an NBA club he's only going to be 24 hours away!

Reply #125030 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:19 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754