Wollongong Hawks next season

From a very good source,

The following are definately out of there:
Sav
Groves
Ballinger
Frank
Rampton

Also the CEO was giving his marching orders and the club has someone looking into there financials as reported on win tv. The club is behind on there player payments.

Topic #10752 | Report this topic

Utopia  
Years ago

Rumor is that Sav was staying if Stacker got the gig. CEO is out because of the decision made to appoint Cooks as coach.
Interesting times there, my tip they wont last longer than 2 seasons with the severe reports on finances.

Reply #124637 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Yeah i agree hawks will be gone in max two seasons!

Sav rumor i heard slightly different that he was never happy with Joyce fiasco and wanted out form then on.

Reply #124639 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Wollongong are definately in big trouble. The Hawks folding in a year or two sounds likley but I really hope they stay in the league.

Reply #124640 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

i totally agree, they are a foundation club. There is a lot of trouble behind the scenes and it looks as though the board has made a right decision getting rid of the CEO. Lets hope that they can rebuild.

Reply #124642 | Report this post

Utopia  
Years ago

DrB, are you aware of what process was taken in selection of the coach? i have heard the rumor from a close to the situation source about the CEO being released due to the appointment. Do you know if it was his decision alone? Surly a panel would have selected? so not sure how he is being held responsible although the decision did take far too long. rumor is also that Cooks agreed to do it for around 50k due to the financial struggles. again highlighting the situation. tough situation due to the need to recruit an entire team and who knows if Cooks has faith from players in order to attract people on a low budget.

Reply #124645 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Firsty Beveridge was offered the job. He declined once he was given west sydney.

Stacker was then offered, but declined due to $$$

Cooks was then the only man available and yes he is on low salary.

The CEO is sacked not just in relation to the coaching position.

As reported on WIN TV the club is having it financials checked.... since the departure of the CEO.

Players also have advised they have not been paid.

Reply #124647 | Report this post

Utopia  
Years ago

Cheers

Reply #124648 | Report this post

Anon2  
Years ago

Saville to the Kings. Done deal.

Reply #124722 | Report this post

Anon2  
Years ago

Oh, and Ballinger to the Sixers (der), Groves to either Cairns or Dragons.

Reply #124723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks are gonna kick ass this season for sure, young athletic team with guys who will prove they are meant to play at this level and are finally given the opportunity!

As far as financial, locals wont let the team fold!

Reply #135433 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754