Orlando Smith
Years ago

ABL Home & Away Uniforms

What is your opinion on this...

BSA should enforce a rulethat sees all ABA home teams wear a pre-nominated light colour for home games and a pre-nominated dark uniform for away games (or vice versa)

How good would the Mav's look in silver at home and Maroon on the road.

Centrals
White home, Royal Away

Forestville
Gold home, Blue Away

North
White home, Red Away

Norwood
White Home, Navy Away

South
White home, Navy away

Southern
Yellow home, Black away

Sturt
Sky Blue home, Navy Away

West
White home, Black Away

Woodville
Gold Home, Green away

The only concerns would come from the clubs that have only ever had 1 strip and not had any total conflict (eastern, Sturt and woodville) but I assure you that easterns silver and south's white and woodville's green (when sweaty) and norwoods navy cause some problems during the course of the game

I think it would be very progressive for this to be enforced through BSA and allow for better photos, marketing for the clubs.

As each club is required to have an alternate strip every club could make this happen immediately

In the case of Double headers home team wears light on first night and dark on the second night.

Fire Away

Topic #10782 | Report this topic

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Great idea Orlando!

What about also a historic week where the teams wear an old style kit from a predetermined year..?!
(ie - 20 years ago)

Reply #125018 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Great idea Orlando.

I'd say leave it to the clubs on what colour strip they want to wear at home.

In some cases, away or alternative uniforms only get worn less than a handful of times each year, hence the waste of time, money and resources to create them.

If only the Champion deal last season worked.

Reply #125019 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

There all ready is but its dark for home and light for away but only if there is a clash. I do know what Orlando is say and I also think its a good idea.

Reply #125021 | Report this post

Accountants Inc.  
Years ago

Yes Great Idea

Lets spend more of the Junior Fees on the Senior Program

Reply #125022 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

By the topic I thought teams were dressing up like Alf, Sally and Pippa from Summer Bay.

Tonight at the Dome we have The Norwood Flatheads vs The Woodvile Flamin' Hecks Ailsa

Reply #125024 | Report this post

Orlando Smith  
Years ago

Accounts Inc.
Most clubs have a deal in place where they are provided (free of charge) a senior uniform at least every couple of years, if clubs have to pay for an extra strip it would be the first time in a while that they had to pay money for it.

and if your club doesn't get a senior uniform from your junior uniform supplier its time to renegotiate your deal

Reply #125025 | Report this post

Daddyo  
Years ago

Can anyone explain why ABL uniforms should be different to junior uniforms? Why can't the kids watch the ABL teams wearing the same kit that the kids wear each week?

So, if the ABL needs an alternate strip - use the same alternate as the juniors.

Reply #125028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ABL should be the elite, a feeder to the professional league juniors should equate the ABA strip to a goal, rather than a uniform anyone can buy from your club canteen. Also I think that too many kids that play district basketball feel that they deserve to make the ABA just because it is the next step after under 20's. The ABA is a semi professional league that should be separate from the rest of the club in stature. If you are under the belief that ABA should be an extention of juniors then you should question your basketball knowledge. Daddyo if you have kids in junior that work hard to get to ABA you will understand why there is a distinction

Reply #125033 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Couple opf problems with those colours mentioned:

West juniors wear red, so shouldnt their alternate be red?

Norwood's alternate junior colour is red, so shouldnt that be its alternate colour?

But then you get them wearing red at home and North come calling and you have red v red.

There would need to be a few things worked out to accommodate this sort of rule.

Reply #125035 | Report this post

DJF  
Years ago

I think it should be main uniform and an alternative uniform, not home and away.

So...

Central - main royal blue, alternative white

Eastern - main silver, alternative white/maroon

Forestville - main gold alternative royal blue

North - main red alternative white

Norwood - main navy blue, alternative red

Southern - main black, alternative gold

South - main white, alternative navy blue

Sturt - main light blue, alternative navy blue

West - main black, alternative red

Woodville - main green, alternative gold

In some cases, both main strips cn be worn, but an alternative is needed in my opinion.

And yes I do believe it should be different to a junior uniform.

Reply #125036 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Orlando, not sure why you included Woodville in your list of "nots" with Sturt and Eastern. Woodville wear their alternate yellow when they clash with other sides.

Reply #125040 | Report this post

rasheed36  
Years ago

Centrals new blue uni's are pretty nice, if I don't say so myself

Reply #125044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see any need for alternate colours. There are only 10 teams, so surely they can work out a colour scheme so that they don't clash. They should also look at the colour and style of the numbers so that you can see them properly.
Having alternate uniforms is just an extravagant waste of money. ABA is expensive enough to run as it is and most clubs suck money for it out of their juniors.

Reply #125045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When do norwood juniors wear red?

Reply #125049 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

When they play Southern the Norwood Juniors were Red or Southern wear yellow

Reply #125094 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Good idea but I would like to see teams wearing dark at home and light away (like they do in the NBL) rather than the other way around (like in the NBA).

Reply #125206 | Report this post

Leara  
Years ago

sall this is Leara

Reply #126854 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754