Meaks
Years ago

World Police & Fire Games UPDATE!!!

The minor rounds are now complete and the semi finals in the Division 1 competition will consist of the following!!!

Victoria Police vs LAPD
South Australia Police vs NYFD

Winner play for gold and losers for bronze...

Both games at 4pm tomorrow at the Dome.

Topic #10785 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Meaks, quick question, is the competition better than the Police Games or pretty much on par???

Reply #125124 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

Dude better that the Australasian games but only because the competition is deeper than our yearly competition and the US and European teams have some big guys who can play!!! We played Catalonia yesterday from Spain and it was a slog with the game going for 2 and a half hours!!! Wow those Europeans can cry and bitch about every call!!! Saying that if we had our Australasian All-Star Team without guys from NZ we would be taking home the gold medal for sure!!!

Reply #125130 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Maybe something Scanners and the Committee needs to look at, sending the All-Star team away. I do remember you once sending an email of something like that about it.

Fingers crossed we (AFP) will be competetive at the Champs after adding the Landlord to our ranks. It would be nice to have a forward/centre taller than 185cm. Now if we could just lay off the piss we should win a game or two.

Reply #125139 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Speaking of piss where's mine TR? =]

Reply #125148 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Your right Bizz, I'll chat to Fitz and wire him some cash for the supplies. How's the knee???

Reply #125155 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Knee is getting there, off the crutches - just slow rehab now - mostly pool work think I can start on some land type strengthening exercises next week.

Reply #125156 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Feel free to wire it too me direct.

Reply #125159 | Report this post

Live on Fox?!

Reply #125180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The SA firey's definately lost a golden opportunity. Didn't make the semis, but lost to New York Fire by just 3 points after being up by as much as 10points, and 6 with 3 mins to go. Tim groves then got fouled out at that stage and without a proper ball carrier they lost the plot. Also lost to other semi finalist Victoria police in the dying minutes after leading for the majority of the game. Foul count of 19 to 6 didn't help there cause. They got nothing all night from the refs....6 fouls in a game of basketball!

New York beat the SA police in the semis by 20 or so. Killed them! Carmen and Denton no match for the Yanks bigs whereas the firey's big held them very quite. Pity the firey's which bosted Krause, big Dougie Mac-Taylor and Tim Groves couldn't get in done down the stretch in at least one of those two losses...probably cost them a gold medal, or at least a silver!

Reply #125264 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754