billo
Years ago

Portland and Luke

Why would the Blazers both signing Luke for a 10 day contract if they're not going to give him any time in a 20 point blow out loss? Fair enough in a tight game, but the Blazers got pumped by 20 by the Sonics the other day and he registered a DNP (despite 11 guys getting minutes).

Topic #10792 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

I agree Billo...in there only defence, I believe it was a late blowout. Nate may not have had enough time to let it all register a the game was close for the majority.

Overall though, see if he can bang bodies...3/4 minutes at th e end of the 1st and 2nd quarters will be a decent indicator. Ah the life of the 'other NBA' player...its a constant dog fight.

Reply #125114 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Previously Jamaal Magloire wasn't playing that much.

Also, the Sonics had a 20-4 run in the final stages of that game.

I read on ESPN late last night that Zach Randolph had been granted bereavement leave for a couple of days so that might open an opportunity - could push Aldridge to PF and give Schensch time backing up Magloire at C?

Reply #125115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He got paid to watch Kobe go for 65.

Reply #125116 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Isaac, I wonder if Luke was insurance for Z-BO. Perhaps Randolph never took his bereavement time. Plus considering Magloire wants out...wouldn't they have been better playing him before the trade deadline...to show to other teams he can still play!

Reply #125123 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:21 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754