Isaac
Years ago

NBL One on One

You have to choose a 2006/07 NBL player to represent you in a one-on-one competition for high stakes. Who do you pick?

Spotted someone on OzHoops saying that if they had to pick an NBLer to play for their life in a 1-on-1 game, they'd go with Graeme Dann - got me thinking - who else would have the combination of speed, athleticism and shooting ability? Sure, he's a bit of a journeyman and basketcase if you listen to some, but he's an all-rounder with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.

Carlos Powell would probably lack a pull-up shot. John Rillie might do OK but I'm not sure about his defense. Dave Thomas? Martin Cattalini - though I've heard it said that Pero Vasiljevic could dominate Cat years back at training.

Who's your pick?

Topic #10819 | Report this topic

Phizzer  
Years ago

Surely at the moment, Sammy Mac? Speed, strength, scoring ability, great defence?

Farley would be good at one-on-one, depends if it's score you keep it, then he wouldn't need to play D.

I think Newley would be pretty good one on one, slashing to the basket, hit outside shot.

Reply #125391 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Got to be Sammy Mac at the moment dont it? Led Brisbane in every stat. Even more amazing when you see they they certainly aint a one man team.

Reply #125400 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is he fast enough though to contain penetration or get a clean shot off?

Reply #125401 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

James Harvey for me. Just scary one on one.

Reply #125405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JVG.

Reply #125409 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

CJ would be pretty good one on one, not sure about the defense though....

Reply #125410 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

i dont like the idea of him as a Sixer, in a team environment, but one on one... Rashard Tucker

Reply #125419 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

cortez groves

Reply #125427 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Glen Saville.

Reply #125449 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jason Williams

Reply #125463 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Why does it have to be a big player why not a fit Brett Maher? Great hands on defence and he can certainly drive or take the outside jumper.
Darnell Mee - great defensive stats, great first step, can drill the ball from anywhere. (and if you say he's too old/slow then you didn't watch the finals).
Jason Smith (even though I dislike the Kings) - explosive, good defence, shoot from anywhere.
And finally - a wild card and a blast from the past (and I don't think anyone would like playing him one-on-one) Ladies and Gentlemen - Grant Krueger!!!!!!

Reply #125464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw the One on One topic and thought maybe someone was bringing back that great basketball mag from the 1990's but no.. :-(

Reply #125474 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

If we are going historically I can't go by my main man Andrew Svaldenis - SVD! SVD! SVD!

Reply #125511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Nash

Reply #125532 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The one ,the only,the best one on one player to ever lace up a boot in the nbl is #44 Dwayne "D-Train" McClain.Anyone who says different never saw the original DMAC play.if im wrong tell me why!!

Reply #125985 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754