Isaac
Years ago

Bogut out for the season

Andrew Bogut injured his left foot on March 7 against the Lakers and then tweaked it during practice on Tuesday.

Today (well, last night in the States) he is currently sitting out the first game of his two-year NBA career as the Bucks face the Clippers.

A shame that his hardy run had to come to an end. It doesn't help the Bucks who've had a horror run with injuries this season.

Topic #10824 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

NBA.com says Bogut out for rest of season, along vith Villanueva

Reply #125447 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bogut's left foot will be immobilized for 2-4 weeks. After this period of rest and subsequent rehabilitation, he is expected to resume basketball activity in 6-8 weeks.

Reply #125451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

top 3 pick now maybe top 2

Reply #125465 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Hahaha - how convenient... Season is a wash regardless... They can give Ilyasova (who will end up being what "Skita" was meant to be - i.e. a poor mans Dirk - which is still pretty ####ing good!!!) some minutes now (possibly as trade bait - if they get a top 2 pick or to make a decision on what to do with the rest of their stacked frontcourt)... If the balls fall right for them - look out... All they need is a guy who can step up and win games on his own back...

Reply #125484 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Like Redd Johnny?

It's bad news for Bogut, these last couple of weeks would've given him a chance to play in a system where he would be used for more than setting picks and standing at the top of key....

Reply #125490 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Ahhhh - i'm iffy on the guy... I thought someone would bring him (Redd) up... I think he might be a bit too much of a distraction to the team as a whole - he's a fine player but not a guy you run a whole offence around... That said - i don't know if Oden or Durant have that either... One thing i can say about Durant is that he seems to get his without being a black hole on offense - but so does Garnett and what good has that done for the T-Wolves....

Reply #125497 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Trade the guards and quickly

Reply #125507 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Johnny Sack - have you watched much of Durant ?? The Texas offense falls apart when he doesnt touch the ball. They ONLY have plays that run around him .

Watch a few more games and listen to the commentators saying things like
" gee Texas really look lost when Durant doesnt touch the ball.Their whole offensive set is geared for Durant. "

Reply #125508 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Johnny, KG has done EVERYTHING for the Twolves. He couldn't have done more with what he has been surrounded with. The quintessential complete, unselfish and loyal franchise player IMO.

Reply #125518 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

thedoc, I think the Garnett situation is a double edge sword. IMO has one of the best players on the league, but unselfish, umm, it his contract that has crippled the Wolves (along with McHale as the GM).

They pay KG so much coin they can't afford to surround him with second tier type players need to contend for the top prize.

The Joe Smith scandal didn't help the franchise either, but some of the blame has to lay at KG's feet.

Reply #125522 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Skyhook - Gonna have to a agree to disagree... I don't think the TU offense is that greatly focussed on Durant - of course he is the best player so naturally he sees a lot of the ball - but TU have some decent players other than the kid and my impression is that he can play very effectively in the "flow" of the game if the need is there... BTW - i wasn't bagging KG (my fave player - since he was drafted)...

Reply #125537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TR, didn't Garnett take a massive pay cut to get Cassell and Sprewell on the team? I'm sure I remember that happening.

Reply #125559 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:34 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754