Anonymous
Years ago

Ankle Braces for Basketball

I'm just wondering what every one thinks about ankle braces? And which ones are the beast?

Topic #10832 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah sorry about my spelling!

Reply #125555 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

ELG use to be a beast!
undersize pf wanted to be a beast

Reply #125562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braces have a place but they can be over used by some players in place of some serious conditioning work. I fully concede never jumping further than out of bed without braces but with no ligament to hold the ankle firm, wouldn't even consider any exercise without them. Nonetheless I fully encourage my juniors (u14) particularly to get some professional advice and get it as soon as you do an injury to get back on track. With braces there isn't a lot a flexibility as you would expect and I find this can affect your ability and you have to think of other ways to compensate on court. going to get a brace - go to a proper sports medicine supplier - have found the cheap ones eg chemist type can be a little too rigid or just don't fit right.

Reply #125570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have tried a couple of different brands and have settled on the McDavid braces with the plastic inserts. Ankle is pretty much completely locked down.

The flipside is that it does have a noticeable effect on agility and jumping ability. Really just depends on how bad your ankles are; they aren't a fashion statement... if you need them wear them.

Reply #125580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah go the ASO even the guys in NCAA wear em. theyre the best

Reply #125581 | Report this post

wound  
Years ago

ASO braces definitely. A good supportive brace with removable plastic inserts that still allow platarflexion and dorsiflexion......up and down movement of the ankle. Try Sun Medical on South Road.

Reply #125595 | Report this post

love the;  
Years ago

Does having your ankles held so firmly in place have an effect higher up on your knees?

Reply #125599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ASO braces ae great i taped for years but have found them to be haeps better.

Reply #125871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

try the PUSH braces, they are awesome, very soft and light and provide great support

Reply #125930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754