hand checking

Can anyone please help me understand the current hand checking rule? been out of the game for a few years but played 10 yrs abl and always was told no hand checking. Seen a few games lately and hand checking is seemingly legal?? Any factual opinions out there?

Topic #10854 | Report this topic

Surmdog  
Years ago

its a tough one.
i think hand checking is over seen, when the player dosent have the ball. as far as i know
Hand checking is a foul if you stop the offensive player getting to his space by holding him in his position once he recieves the ball.

Reply #125857 | Report this post

whistle blower  
Years ago

hand checks out of control - i find a verbal warning once or twice - depending on severity - usually tidies it up

of course if it is sever enough a holding foul ASAP or unsports if req

yes it is rife

Reply #125916 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

A lot of voice early with a few quick fouls each way normal works. Most teams you need a quick foul each way in the third quarter as a reminder that hands on the ball carrier is not on.

Reply #126069 | Report this post

Thanks for the replies. Are these from umpires (no need to know who you are) or from spectators. I ask because I agree with what has been said but don't see it happening.

Reply #126116 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Some players im sure enjoy being fondled while they're going up and down the court...

I prefer it in mixed basketball more though.

Reply #126119 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Cuddling by two post players can be so romantic, especially when its both end of the court. Remember 3 is a crowd.

Reply #126397 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:47 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754