Anonymous
Years ago

NH - Mark Ricciuto to retire

I just received an E-Mail asking me to attend a press conference at the Adelaide Football Club on Thursday morning.

I can confirm that the Adelaide Football Club will hold a press conference Thursday morning to announce Mark Ricciuto retirement.

The Adelaide Football Club will issue a press release sometime tomorrow and the press conference will be Thursday morning at 11 am.

A very sad day for South Australian sport.

Topic #10899 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

does that mean the bird flu virus has spread from the egales to the crows?? an easy answer

Reply #126343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cousins issue scared off roo perhaps...

Reply #126344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No he has a ruptured disc in his back (this happened long before Ben Cousins) and it will not allow him to play again.

No drugs issue at all.

Reply #126345 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

i hope this not correct - KG said tonight that the roo is only few weeks away - the crows need his leadership - rates as a leader up there with mayer - 2 great leaders of men

Reply #126346 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Channel 10 mentioned tonight that he is now in a neck brace....does not look good....

And to you two anonymous 'Fudgepackers' who are implying that Roo is like Cousins you might want to get some legal advice with fucking rediculous posts like that.

(Mod: Cleaned it up)

Reply #126347 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

MW - just because you disagree with something posted doesnt necesarily mean its not true - and certainly doesnt mean you need to attack the posters - whether they be anonymous or not.

Could it be your blind faith in someones public persona has closed your mind to what seems to be a rather strong and persistant rumour?

Reply #126350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In Australia isn't it innocent until proven guilty?

Because it's only that, a persistent rumour. Give someone the benefit of the doubt before accusing someone based on a rumour.

Reply #126351 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

there goes your top 4 spot

Reply #126353 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Oh f**** no!!!!!

Don't tell me this!

Reply #126355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mmm 123abc, Still beleive top 4? Heres one of your excuses for them failing this year.

Reply #126361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ohh by the way it is shame for him to go out this way.

Reply #126363 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Port will do worse then the Crows.

Look....

I'll spell it out for you so you can understand.

P-O-R-T S-U-C-K

Don't make this into another thread of this...

Reply #126367 | Report this post

Skudpud  
Years ago

This could be true, appart from one blaring fact.
If Roo had a ruptured disc that was known earlier, they wouldnt have waited to announce his retirement till 2 days before their first game. If he ruptured a disc then his career would have been instantly over. Anyone who knows just how bad this injury is knows that its hard enough to play golf or go fishing let alone sustain 5 minutes on a football field, training or playing a game.

Reply #126368 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

interesting that kg and cornes stated tonight they spoke with him and he was optimistic for round 3

Reply #126372 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Obviously the starter of the thread has given us absolutely no reason to believe this as they can't even be big enough to put their name to the post.

If for some reason this is true, I can only say that it is a very sad way to see him retire because if anyone deserves a send-off, it definitely is Roo!

Reply #126380 | Report this post

Bball Master  
Years ago

MW appear rude. No need for the language either...

Roo has been a champion on the field...either way, its no ones business if he was off it or not, now. Hope his back sorts out, and he doesn't have major pain for the remainder of his life.

Reply #126381 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

9 times all australian 2 times as captain no player is close to that other then harvey 8 times who is currently playing and carey 8 times retired

it would be a sad day but at this point i have my doubts

Reply #126384 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Wont make a difference to the result this week tho. Essendon to thump them. Go Bombers!

Reply #126386 | Report this post

Fact  
Years ago

Hmmmm interesting. If MW does his research ... I mean really does he research and asks around he will find the truth. Yes there may be neck problems but it is well known that Crows and sharps dont mix.

Go crows

Reply #126390 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

MW, you are very naive if you think the Roo is squeaky clean. Not to the Cousins extent, but Roo likes getting on it and I have from two independent sources close to the club that he tested positive twice in this off season for coke.

A ruptured disc, unless it was done at last night's training, would have been obvious weeks ago.

Reply #126396 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

ruptured disc my neck ! Parvovirus , back and now neck and retirement . Way too much going on here for that to be the case .
From what i have heard he and do not quote me is that he will be saved the embarrassment from the club but the interstate media ??
There are numerous rumours and innuendo that he would be ousted for drug taking but seems to have been spared so far .

Reply #126400 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I have also heard this rumour. I am very close to a very high profile person with the Advertiser.
People who me, will know how high this source is as well.
From what I hear, this is a very good cover up by the club.

Reply #126403 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

i also think the AFL would be all for the club handling this the way they are .
Not another premiership winning brownlow medalist who has succumbed .
Not good for the brand and image .

Reply #126405 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

FFS - Skip, Michelangelo Rucci knows shit all about the day to day happenings at the Crows and is just a glorified ego centric power TROLL who can post his crap in the paper.

Isaac - how can you possibly allow this thread to continue with all the allegations that Mark Ricciuto is a drug cheat? Just because the lawyers have not rang up and complained doesn't mean any future defamation law suits are out of the question.

As far as I know  in South Australia we only have the one AFL premiership player who has been caught twice (out of season) for taking illicit drugs and he doesn't represent the Adelaide Crows. So all you Power monkeys who are trying to hang shit on Mark Ricciuto take a long hard look in your own back year.

Reply #126407 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I do not know Michelangelo. Sorry.

Reply #126409 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

ummm cameron crazy , you might wan't to ring a lawyer if you are going to openly slander a journo like that .
I have not quoted anyone and have stated when it is rumour , so back off !

Reply #126410 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

I would be very careful not to start accusing wealthy and influential people about being drugs takers.

Source or no source, unless you have some tangible hard hitting evidence that you can prove that you are telling the truth, I would not be naming anyone.

Reply #126412 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

Rotate on this 

What you said can and is construed as defamation, what I said can and is construed as the truth.

Rucci is an ego centric power troll who posts his articles (crap) in the paper. Fact

Reply #126414 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

i don't think so co..breath

Reply #126415 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Not naming anyone Cameron, but head to Mile High Club around 8:30am on a sunday morning and play spot the celebrity licking lips and drinking evian!! Olympic Cyclists, Swimmers, Crows and Power players, Cricketers, Basketballers, netballers, Actors, TV and radio presenters and so on and so on. Not saying its right or wrong, but fact is its a every where and its not just the scum of society who participate!

Reply #126417 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

So if some one bags your precious captain it is defamation, but you can bag the hell out of someone else because they go for the Power, and it is not defamation????

riiiiggghhhht.....

Reply #126420 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

DB5 -

Why don't you go and take you video camera so you can gain some hard hitting evidence, speculation that it is done at a night club is just not good enough.

Reply #126421 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

I have no accused anyone of being a drug cheat; it is a fact that a Port Adelaide Power premiership player (no names) has failed an out of season drug test twice. It is not a fact that Mark Ricciuto has participated in any 'recreational drug taking'

Michelangelo is a TROLL and has a major ego that he loved to use to piss the AFC with. That is another FACT

I didn't name anyone, I didn't name any Port Adelaide player or even insinuate who it could be, others have openly named Mark Ricciuto. That is the difference.

Reply #126424 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Why do I need evidence, I never stated a name at all????

I am more curious as to your logic regarding naming people and lawsuits which you have openly contradicted by calling out Michaelangelo Rucci being a troll up to 3 times on here.

Relax man, take a deep breath....

Reply #126426 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

DB5

You may not have but others have. That's is why this thread should be close.

Reply #126429 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Cameron Crazy - You have stated the following in your last post -

"It is not a fact that Mark Ricciuto has participated in any 'recreational drug taking'"

May I ask how you know that this is not a fact?

Reply #126430 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Then why call me out for not having proof!!!!!!

You say this thread should be closed because people have stated names, yet you keep stating a certain journo's name and slagging off at them!

The old pot and kettle story mate.

Reply #126432 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

Statman  someone is innocent until proven guilty in this country, I don't need to prove anyone guilt.

The WCE didn't indefinitely suspend Ben Cousins for drug usage; they suspended him for missing a training session because they could not prove he used drugs.

Someone word is there bond and until he says that he is a drug user, I have no reason not to question it. Anyone who says other wise should come up with some evidence to counter this claim.

Reply #126433 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

DB5

I am not going to argue with you anymore as I have stated my POV on the topic and this thread should be closed to protect the innocent. If the innocent happen to be Michelangelo as well, well so be it.

Reply #126434 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

What if he didn't inhale?

Reply #126436 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Cameron Crazy,

Im not saying you need to prove anyones guilt - rather I am asking how you are so sure of your statement that I quoted in my earlier post?

Your posts in the thread are attacking others for posting without hard hitting proof so I would assume that your comments on the subject are in fact 100% factual and backed by proof? If they are not then you really are going to look quite silly and hypocritical arnt you!

Reply #126442 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Right.

The only person I belive in this thread is thedoctor, because he's been a credible source before, and skip, because everyone knows who he is (well everyone who goes to 36ers games anyway).

Isaac, you gonna put money on it?

Reply #126445 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't read the whole thread - too busy, but where there's smoke, there's often fire.

If people here are aware of it, surely those closer to the action are. I'm wondering why it hasn't hit the papers or at least been speculated on in a more public situation.

Reply #126449 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Cameron, this has nothing to do with being a Crows or Power supporter. It's clear that players from all clubs do or have in the past indulged in illicit drug use. I stated in a previous thread that certain players indulged, and it was fairly clear who I was referreing to from the Power.

I dare say there will be no defamation action from anyone. Why? A defence to a defamation charge is that the allegations are true.

Reply #126453 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Appears that Cameron Crazy is intent on closing this thread down via Libel. Moderator(s) please resist! Seeing as I'm in the mood for prduct labelling let's label Cam. Crazy = CC and rather than just saying CC, act more like the alcohol and mellow out.

I also can recommend several Constructionn Contractors for those who need to build a bridge.

Reply #126458 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Nice Sween,
also a KC, Kleenex Consortium should you cry that river...

Reply #126462 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Its now tomorrow...what happened?

Reply #126530 | Report this post

Cameron crazy  
Years ago

Even though I think this retirement thread is a load of bollocks and was just some punk trying to stir up trouble, the announcement was always said to be Thursday morning at 11.

Reply #126533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cameron Crazy your world is false, you are living in false world called Zog, where the grass is greener, people are infallible, sports people are heros and you are a wise man.

Unfortunately, 'mate', that world is false.

Reply #126537 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

sween i'll have a cc and coke , no ice , man needs to sleep tonight ......

Reply #126538 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

the original post said...

"The Adelaide Football Club will issue a press release sometime tomorrow and the press conference will be Thursday morning at 11 am."

press release shouldve been today?

Reply #126539 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Found this on Herald Sun's Footy site:

Andrew Fraser spent almost five years in jail for trying to traffic cocaine from Africa.

He was also a cocaine addict.

He is also either a liar -- he has lied before -- or he has implicated some of the biggest names in football in a drugs scandal that has widened so much that the parameters between what is fact, what is public interest and what is bar-room grandstanding is now a blur.

Fraser said in a newspaper article yesterday that he saw three premiership players, one of whom was a Brownlow medallist, snort coke in an upstairs room of a Melbourne hotel.

Believe him or not, the list is narrow. Since 1979, there have been 12 Brownlow medallists who have won premierships.

The names are silk.

James Hird, Michael Voss, Adam Goodes, Chris Judd. Mark Ricciuto, Simon Black, Jason Akermanis, Greg Williams, Gavin Wanganeen, John Platten and Robert Dipierdomenico.
Emphasis added.

Full story

Reply #126602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard the reason a port full forward was not playing is because of a drug problem and his retirement is imminent.

Reply #126612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is also either a liar -- he has lied before -- or he has implicated some of the biggest names in football in a drugs scandal that has widened so much that the parameters between what is fact, what is public interest and what is bar-room grandstanding is now a blur.

Fraser said in a newspaper article yesterday that he saw three premiership players, one of whom was a Brownlow medallist, snort coke in an upstairs room of a Melbourne hotel.

Believe him or not, the list is narrow. Since 1979, there have been 12 Brownlow medallists who have won premierships.

The names are silk.

James Hird, Michael Voss, Adam Goodes, Chris Judd. Mark Ricciuto, Simon Black, Jason Akermanis, Greg Williams, GAVIN WANGANEEN, John Platten and Robert Dipierdomenico.

Reply #126627 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Lets all crucify a brownlow medallist and premiership player based on what a cocaine addict has said....pffft.

Reply #126630 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I will happily take bets that this (ie the retirement) is rubbish.

He will not retire today - there would have been something reported about it before now.

Guess we will see in an hour - whooooo! (that whoo is supposed to be foreboading)

Reply #126635 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Where's the press conference/announcement??

Reply #126659 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

......behind the bike shed at 'Footy Park'.

Reply #126681 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

It was a goddamn lie!

Ban that son of a b....!!!

Reply #126724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BAN HIM BAN HIM

Reply #126769 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

An anonymous post was incorrect....stop the press!

Reply #126777 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

But this lie was uncalled for!

Reply #126786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not fair

Reply #164180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754