DJ
Years ago

Sydney Kings Ticket Prices + Sixers options

Platinum Plus Reserve $60 (First 2-5 rows)
Platinum $40
Gold $30 (last 2 rows of below concours and first 4 rows above concourse)
Silver $16 above concourse and one basket end (below concourse)

I think the Sixers need to set up some sort of different pricing struture.

Maybe something like this
North $25 (including the 5 or so rows above concourse - great seats in my opinion)
South $25 (below concourse)
East & West $20
South Above concourse $16

Offer 2 sorts of season tickets - below concourse and above concourse - so people have a cheaper option.

Offer Family tickets 2 Adults, 2 Kids

Offer Group booking 6/8? or more discounts 5% or 10% & a free signed basketball by the team.

Offer Season ticket holders can get general admin tickets for friends at a discounted price - encourage already members to bring family and friends along to casual games.

One thing I think that perhaps the after game function upstairs should be season ticket holders only, thus encouraging more people to be come members and gives season ticket holders another exclusive.

Hopefully this will be high on the agenda for next season.

Topic #1090 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed.

In Perth, you can take a family of 4 to a game for $45 (their advertised family ticket price). In Adelaide, buying tickets on Venuetix for two 10 year old children comes to $42.20!

Reply #12064 | Report this post

KingsFan  
Years ago

The Kings tickets are way, way too high.

Reply #12148 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Are the $16 tickets terrible? All tickets at the DHDome (backrow even) are around $28. At least you guys have the option of buying cheap tickets and taking your binoculars, right?

Reply #12149 | Report this post

BouncePass  
Years ago

Having cheaper tickets in the nosebleed section would encourage people to buy them and move down to the empty more expensive seats.

DJ, I do like your idea about family tickets. Maybe two kids could be granted free entry when accompanied by two paying adults.

Reply #12150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Whatever fills the Dome... and if people buy tickets who otherwise wouldn't have, it's a gain for the club.

Reply #12151 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I dont think free entry for kids in a family group is feasible, nor is it really sensible. Reduced packaged ticket costs certainly is, lets try and keep family expenses reasonable to encourage more families.

I also agree with Isaac, if you seel cheap seats for the rafters, surely these people would just move down anyway.

LOve the idea about Apollo being just for season ticket holders....but then that is a good chance for first timers to get up close & personal to the players.

Reply #12153 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

A fair few people mention people buying cheap tickets and moving down. I don't see this as a big problem (dont go encouraging it obviously).

If someone is in your seat you just politely show them your ticket and ask them to move.

They take the risk, when its full they are stuck up top.

With the pricing structure above, I doubt there would be too many empty seats to move down to.

I believe the Kings $16 tickets are around the same distance as above concourse at the Dome

Reply #12161 | Report this post

hag  
Years ago

I have watched from the back row for a Kings game. They are certainly not nose-bleed or binoculars seats. Had a great view. Back rows at the Dome would be further from the court.

Reply #12175 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more about the concept of different prices for the above concourse seats.
As far as people moving down into the more expensive seats, as DJ suggested, what wrong with communicating that 'these are my seats, here are my tickets, please find somewhere else to sit'? And aren't the ushers/security people there to control this?
What about other sporting events, concerts, etc, they all have prices structured to suit the location of the seat, they dont seem to have a problem working it out.

Reply #12325 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:21 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754