Bills Biatch
Years ago

What Coaches in the NCAA Div 1 Get Paid

See Link

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/basketball_contracts/flash.htm

Topic #10929 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be significantly more than that! If Gatorade or Jos local garage for instance wants to sponsor the program where do you think a big cut of dollars go to??? The players - hell no. It goes to the coaches. Its ridiculous that athletes that generate $10 Millions for their school are not paid a cent!!!

Reply #126694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, it ridiculous that a college doesn't pay them but just gives them a free education, and the opportunity to play in the NBA earning millions per year. Ridiculous.

Reply #126696 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It's ridiculous that coaches the calibre of Calhoun, Boeheim, Coach K and Calipari earn around $1.2ish million a year, especially when you have chump coaches like Doc Rivers, Bernie Bickerstaff, Mike Brown and Randy Wittman all earning a lot lot more in the NBA.

I think the numbers on the site would have to be low. Coach K turns down the Lakers to coach at Duke for $1.2mill... yeah right. That 1.2mill may only be the money in the hand. I wonder how much more do the alumni chip in to make life easier for the coaches.

Reply #126702 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Friends of the program??
Just ask Nick Nolte.

Reply #126703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

College coaches make other money.

The better have endorsement deals with sports companies. Also a number have their own talk programs on local networks.

Plus Coack K doesn't have to pay when he eats out anywhere in Durham. Unless the owner is a UNC fan in which case he doesn't get a seat.

Reply #126709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

126696, dude they generate $10s of millions for their schools. Those figures are underdone. The coaches get a %age of endorsements as well.

The %age of college athletes making the NBA is still very small. Their free education is worth $30 K a year at best normally much less because the athletes do all the easy subjects EG: resistence training.

Reply #126725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If college athletes are too stupid to take advantage of their situation by taking easy subjects..

So they are "paid" roughly $120K US (if they go for the full 4 years). Not too bad really.

Reply #126735 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

126725 Resistance training is only worth 1 credit point (that is if you choose the basic resistance training "sport" like other sports surfing, basketball, bowling etc), most subjects are worth 3 or 4, you must take 14 (roughly forget exact number, but pretty sure it is 14) per semester, so if athletes take all these "easy" subjects, then they must do 28 subjects per year as opposed to the average of 8-10 per year. I'm sure they all do that... Also to get any degree there are core subjects you MUST complete, so I really can't see how you can do "easy" subjects the whole way through a degree.

Plus what price do you put on your education, the value of paying for a degree might be 30k/year, but how much more is it worth in the long run (if they use it)? I do agree with you though obviously the %age making the NBA is small...

Reply #126759 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

By the way anyone else find it funny the guy getting paid the most is called "Tubby"?

Reply #126762 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754