Anonymous
Years ago

Norwood ABL - What The?

Please tell me Sap is joking. Someone tell me what is wrong with this list.

MEN'S ABA SQUAD 2007

Christian Bell
David Cooper
Will Foster
Jimmy Jones
Matt Jones
Keith Krause
Scott Lampshire
Todd Matthews
Corey Ottey
Kurt Reddy
Dan Thompson
Andrew Webber
Daniel Webber

Topic #10935 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

what are you implying is wrong with it??

Reply #126791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously, are you trying to be critical or humourous, because either way you are failing miserably. Abstract subtlety doesn't really translate in type, so sack up and say what you want to say. Or better yet, stop flogging a dead horse and go to bed.

Reply #126793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you saying that list is too dominant for this league. If you are you are onto something there.

WHo will come close to dousing the flames this season? There fire has been doused for too long and is errupting.

Reply #126797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This team is great and will be hard to stop, but it is not one looking to the future for Norwood.
Use Sturt as an example, great line ups in the past years, nothing being developed on the bench, or I should say they were on the bench but not playing.

Reply #126806 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

North will give them a run when they gel..

Reply #126812 | Report this post

Darko31  
Years ago

Its not that bad. Theres a few guys under 23 with a couple more over at college who will come back. Theres also a few younger guys in the 20s and mens 2 that will give it a shot in the next few years.

Also only Coops and Matty Jones would be over 30. The 'core' of Thommo, Krause, Matthews would only be 26-28 so that not that old!

I see a good future ahead for the Flames with Sappa doing very well to develop a good team now and a long way into the future!

Reply #126813 | Report this post

GoRedLegs  
Years ago

126806, who cares! When everyone sees these home grown players go out and bring home the championship everyone will be wanting to move over to Norwood.

I can see alot of championships for the next few yrs for the Flames and Im not the only person that thinks that.

Reply #126817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see at least 5 players that are not home grown!

Reply #126818 | Report this post

Darko31  
Years ago

Theres more than that but who gives a crap about that anymore. I think that debate has been done to death!

Reply #126820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From personal experience I can state categorically that I have yet to see a mens coach who invests more time in the younger players than Sap. He was instrumental is getting Max and Sam off to college, and even took time out of his US holiday to go to their colleges and visit them. He arrives at practice an hour early to run ball-handling and shooting drills with the young kids and has instilled a club culture that embraces its younger players. Say what you want about Norwood, about the team, but you can't fault Rupert.

Reply #126822 | Report this post

GoRedLegs  
Years ago

You go 126822. if you want to go to college in the usa or learn from the best then norwood is the place to be.

Reply #126827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Use Sturt as an example, great line ups in the past years, nothing being developed on the bench, or I should say they were on the bench but not playing.

Bad example

Sturts team is doing pretty well considering 3 of the starting 5 were bench players last year. Paget was sometimes not even in the team. M. Ng has come along and Dodman is now starting in Forman spot.

Reply #126845 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

From the title of this thread, i thought maybe the team were going on Rove..?

Reply #126864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In answer to the original posters question. I think Norwood has a bias to who you are rather than actual talent. Other more consistently performing clubs judge players on talent/work ethic alone.

Its a talented list but a name or 2 on that list will get found out soon enough.

Reply #126872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The author was probably asking about the name at the end of the list!

Reply #126874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are the people that will get found out soon? Please elaborate because I would love to know who you are referring to because you seem to know a lot about the Norwood ABA squad.

Reply #126891 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754