smooth pockets
Years ago

Alert - Casey doing the Port game

Will listen out for some all new Caseyisms

Topic #10950 | Report this topic

smooth pockets  
Years ago

"Climbs up stairs" used in first minute.

Then went to call the umpire a referee.

Reply #126943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully he enjoys doing the AFL so much....he never returns to the NBL! Although he is a very skilled commentator...he has been around for too long as has Carfino. There style is too repetitive and boring.

Reply #126948 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Don't care what anyone says, Case is a champion.

Reply #126951 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

"In the vacinity" check.

Reply #126955 | Report this post

smooth pockets  
Years ago

Halftime and it seems that football gives him a chance to use some of the lesser known Caseyisms such as;

sold his teamate into trouble

shows him a clean pair of heels

has his colours lowered

He has been resisting the urge to use "buffer" and you can tell its killing him.

I've never had this much fun watching a port game.

Reply #126959 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

i haven't watched any of the Port game now, but surely you've gotta be loving a totally different commentator doing the game. a different view, different words used (only to those who dont know he does bball commentating)....i reckon a lot of footy fans will enjoy his enthusiasm!! not the same old big names...but maybe King Carfino will be "expert commentator" soon enough - gee that'd be a classic to listen to.

Reply #126960 | Report this post

Tickle  
Years ago

Case is a legend. Great to see him unleashed upon the mainstream.

Reply #126962 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

"a game high 34pts" ... not a "34pt buffer"?!?

Reply #126966 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Now I know what you bball people are talking about with Casey...he sucks the big one

Reply #126969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shows the difference between a professional commentator and a professional player who tries to commentate. Drew Banfield is "boundary riding" is probably the most awkward guy in front of the camera I've seen in some time. His "interview" with Harvey at 3qtr time was cringe-worthy.

Reply #126970 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Casey, Jakovich and Pickering were the worst commentary team I have ever witnessed

Reply #126972 | Report this post

smooth pockets  
Years ago

Spot on with Banfield - bring back Tiffany Cherry!

That was some of the most painful television ever seen.

Reply #126973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

commentating was ordinary to say the least but how good were the power, particularly in the second half, GO THE POWER.

Reply #127004 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Don't know how you can hate Casey. Sure he can be repetitive sometime but he's very enthusiastic and uses funny and interesting language. If you think he's a bad commentator watch a Bulls game that being covered by Comcast Sporstnet, they're absolute shockers. But hey, it's just my opinion; don't want to start a big debate about it.

Reply #127193 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Totally cracked up when he said the good ol' "Pavlich has 23 disposals only Carr has more" line.

Reply #127195 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754