123abc
Years ago

Kersten completes Breakers move

NORTH guard Ryan Kersten has signed a two-year deal to play NBL with the New Zealand Breakers.

Back playing in the CABL with the Rockets after a stint at University of New Mexico, Kersten had 11 points and five assists as North saw off reigning champion Forestville 103-80 at Hillcrest on Saturday.
Kersten completes Breakers move

Topic #10962 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats.

Looking past the whole 36ers debate.

Its great to see a hell of a lot of SA youngsters in teams across the NBL.

Hopefully will increase interest in the league.

Reply #127133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Ryan's agent Paul Bell?

Reply #127158 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looks like it: Ryan Kersten

Reply #127159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Bell has been involved with trading a lot of the 36ers away.

Dusty.
Oscar.

And. Joe Ingles and now Ryan, I know they weren't 36ers but they should of been.

Maybe Mal can get Paul on board and maybe the 36ers can get some of these that seem to be slipping away.

Reply #127298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Hill and Newley to that list.

Reply #127299 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would Paul get on board? He's an agent for the players. He approached the club with Dusty and Oscar to get them re-signed and we all know that story. His job is to secure his clients decent contracts, and he seems to be doing exactly that.

Reply #127306 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Paul Bell was in attendance at the North Forrestville game Sat night. Kirsten is a very impressive player in my opnion.
That North Forrestville game was a high class match indeed. In fact, it is nearly always an excellent night watching the local competition. No doubt I will be continuing to go on a regular basis.

Reply #127338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac,

I think if Paul had a chance he would rather work his way up into a club like Aelaide rather then be a player agent for NBL players.

Reply #127345 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Then you've got a conflict of interest.

Reply #127347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously he would have to give up the player agent to work for an NBL club.

Reply #127383 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:54 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754