Anonymous
Years ago

News on Schenscher??

Has anyone heard or seen any news on Schenscher and how he is going with the Trailblazers??

Topic #10968 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

From http://www.columbian.com/sports/localNews/04012007news121503.cfm

Re-signing Schenscher not certain

McMillan said a decision has not yet been made on resigning Luke Schenscher, even though Portland's frontcourt was weakened by Randolph's loss this week. The 7-foot-1 center's second 10-day contract with Portland expires this week, but the Blazers would have to sign Schenscher for the remainder of the season if they opt to keep him.

"Being without a big we have to look at that and, why would we do it?" McMillan said. "I think those are the questions that we have to look at. The fact that we only have three bigs with LaMarcus, Jamaal (Magloire) and Raef. Does it make sense to sign Luke for the rest of the season with Zach being out? That's something (general manager) Kevin (Pritchard) and I will talk about. Right now we haven't made a decision."

Reply #127123 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Luke had two points and a rebound in three minutes the other day - the second time he's got on court for Portland this season.

Reply #127127 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

if Luke is not offered a contract for the remainder of the year; will he stay in the D-League and keep competing and battling it out tryin to get a contract somewhere or does that mean he wants to come here and will be a Sixer?!?

Reply #127129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like he might get picked up for the remainder of the season?! Bad luck for the Sixers!!

Reply #127130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO, if he doesnt get signed (and i doubt he will), he will suit for the Sixers.

Reply #127135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Portland dont sign him to the end of the season I would imagine he will go back and finish the D-League season with Fort Worth and then upon commencement of that will return home to Adelaide and sign a contract with the Sixers!!

Reply #127145 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Wouldn't this whole experience encourage Luke to stay in the states in hope of another call up?

Reply #127214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like he won't get signed again:

"*It appears center Luke Schenscher has seen his last days as a Blazer. His second 10-day contract expires Tuesday, meaning the Blazers either have to re-sign him for the rest of the season or cut him. McMillan said it is "doubtful" the Blazers will sign him for the rest of the season.

"With Raef (LaFrentz) coming back, we may just go with our guys that we have,' McMillan said. "We were mainly looking at (Schenscher) for practice time, and we are not going to do as much with practice' for the remaining 15 days of the season.
"

Link

Reply #127529 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Think about it guys, even if he got picked up for the remainder of the season, hte season for the Blazers would be over by the 18th of this month as there are only 9 games left, so he could still sign with the Sixers. It is likely he will play for Fort Worth for the remainder of this season, come back and train for the Boomers then return for the NBA Veteran's camp, hopefully (for Adelaide's sake) won't get picked up and will be back in November playing for the Sixers!!!

Reply #127548 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And then there's Europe?

Reply #127549 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Isaac, from what i've heard Luke is very much a family bloke and dearly misses his family and friends back home in SA. He has said that he is quite homesick now after being away from home for about 6 years and would like to come back to Australia inparticular SA to be closer to his Mum and Dad, so I don't think he will go to Europe.
With the difference in money he will make I think he would be stupid not to take up a European contract if it's offered as he could set himself up for the future by playing a few seasons over there.

Reply #127574 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:22 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754