dinozzo
Years ago

Taipans becoming title favourites and fast

Cairns Taipans have made some strong signing with Stephen Black, Jawai and now Bobby Brannen. Add them to already Mee, Cattalini, smith (who is gonna be big) and a 2nd import. They are looking real good!!

Topic #10977 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

C-????/????
F-Brannen/Smith?
F-Cattalini/?
G-Mee/Jawai
G-Black/?

Reply #127217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isn't Jawai a C ?

Reply #127219 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #127222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai is 205cm i think so would be a PF, and Smith is a C at 210cm and i think they have grabau signed for next year as well. i'm pretty sure they will pick scott cook back up and if they dont they are idiots cause this kid is decent.

PG - Mee 9/ Cook 3
SG - Black 9/
SF - Cat 10/ Grabau 5
PF - Brannan 10/ Jawai 1
C - Import 10/ M. Smith 1
58 points

this team leaves them with ten points to spare on their back up SG. they could be looking at phil jones, newley, damien ryan, harvey, rush. but i cant see any of these players wanting to sit on the bench so it will be interesting to see who they pick up. they may go for an aussie C and an import SG.

Reply #127224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai is a monster, he's a center!

Reply #127227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jawai a 1 hasnt he played college - pretty sure that makes him more than a 1 doesnt it

Reply #127229 | Report this post

dinozzo  
Years ago

They have Boodnikoff as G/F as well. They will probably play Brannen at C.

C - Brannen/Smith
PF - Catt/Jawai
SF - Boodnikoff/Grabau
SG - Black
PG - Mee

They'll could go import G/F who can handle the ball as well or go for another big guy and play boodnikoff from the bench. Lots of options.

Reply #127230 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jawai is a C and I think he signed straight out of the AIS instead of going to college, so he's about as good a 1 as we'll see this season.

The suggestion is that Jawai could potentially start or will at least play a significant role off the bench, but we'll see how he comes along. Going to be a great season with a lot of movement between teams and some new faces.

Reply #127243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Jawai... thats all they have changed so far, nothing else confirmed.

Don't get too excited yet people, there is ALOT of recruiting and spots to be filled yet.

And Jawai/Smith at the 5 is not an impressive option against the Ansteys and Rogers of the world. They will need better if the want to be up there.

Goodluck to them, really, with a blank cheque book they should be dissapointed not to make the GF atleast.

Reply #127260 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Jawai a centre!

This just shows how little i know about the new guys and Oakley.

Reply #127271 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Brannen has not officially signed.

To finish in the top 4 with two useless imports shows they will be a force next season.

The Jawai/Smith at C definitely needs help.I wouldn't waste an import in that spot as the Taipans have every year.Sign Pepper as the experienced mentor for those guys.

Grab 2 imports that can shoot,and the Taipans will look great.

Reply #127276 | Report this post

Rocklobster  
Years ago

I think they should offer Scott Cook a contract. He will be one of the better guards in the league within the next 2 seasons.
I think the 6ers should have picked him up. He is better then Sutton as far as experience and probably just overall.

Reply #127365 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Im sure Cook will be there,that's why Martin was flicked.

Reply #127459 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

too early 2 predict how this team may go.looks ok on paper lets see how they go on court...may need 2 basketballs on the court at one time with both cat and blacky lookin to score

Reply #127641 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Matt Smith, one of those cats who you just want to shake into having some balls and game...

Reply #127652 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754