Anonymous
Years ago

Nash Released

This is from the Ballinger article on the 'Tiser site:

"The Sixers have released both 2007 imports, Nick Horvath and Willie Farley, and yesterday formally announced their retention of back-up centre-forward David Cooper, 30 and 206cm. The club has also released versatile 2002 championship starter Mark Nash from his contract for next season and has officially lost 194cm guard Brad Hill to South Dragons."

Topic #10982 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

que postings by mutley and squid ;)

Reply #127283 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Good to see Adelaide moving forward by getting rid of Nash

Reply #127288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good move Sixers!

Reply #127290 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks to Nashy for his service to the club over the years. Even late in 06/07 when he copped flak for his offensive ability drying up, he was still pretty efficient statistically on the boards and with assists.

Reply #127291 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I think that this is a sad way for him to go out.

Nshy is a great guy from what i have been told and i would hate to think that the fans remember only the last injury plagued parts of Nashy's game as opposed to when he was part of the Boomers squad throwing down big Liberty dunks in traffic.

Good luck to him where ever he ends up.

Reply #127292 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I really liked Nash's game when he arrived in Adelaide and for a few seasons after that. It seemed as though his confidence dipped after his injuries which was a shame, but I wish him well for whatever comes along next.

Reply #127295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nashy was one of the all-time goodguys in the NBL.

Lets hope all goes well for him in the future.

Was his time to go, but he leaves with the respect of many 36ers fans.

Reply #127302 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Thanks Nashy for great service to the 36ers. I loved watching you throw down some nasty jams, especially the one on Dwight & fist pump when you hit a crucial 3 ball. Good luck.

Reply #127305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks from me too Nashy.

Reply #127307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats great News......just making way for Liam Rush!!

Reply #127317 | Report this post

Liverpool FC  
Years ago

Nashy has not been released. Boti is playing with is little with u know what

Reply #127333 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

As many of you would appreciate, my life will never be the same.
For a start, I am now seriously thinking about getting season tickets for next season!

Reply #127334 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

^ (chuckle)

Thanks for the time Nashy... however I feel this is a good move by the Sixers.

ShaneD

Reply #127337 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I personally would like to thank Nashy for his sercive to the club. I personally think he has been a valuable player for the last couple of seasons and one that still showed a lot of heart last year when other would just drop their head.
He would always be the first person jumping to his feet on the bench to cheer on the team after a good play.
All the best Nashy.

Reply #127342 | Report this post

Love the;  
Years ago

Sorry to see him go. The guy gave his all.

Reply #127357 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Several times i have seen Nashy jump and intercept the ball and get those charging fouls which just showed he had effort and didn't give up. Welldone Nashy on a great career!

Reply #127379 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

congrats and thanks Mark

Reply #127402 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Yeah, great stuff Nashy.

Reply #127416 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

You're right about Boti jumping the gun. Have it on good authority that nothing is a done deal yet.

As for the Nash-haters out there, cut the guy some slack. Have you ever spent time to get to know the guy? These professional athletes are people too, and you wouldn't meet a nicer guy than Mark. A thorough gentleman and someone who has always given his all on the court. Sure, he doesn't look to shoot every time he touches the ball, but we can't all be ball-hogs. He can play on my team any day and if you'd seen him play with Hobart in the SEABL, you'd realise he still has a helluva lot to offer.

Reply #127419 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Nash is a great guy but his time is up.

Welcome back Nash....

Reply #127437 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

good luck to nashy on where ever he and his family go.probably wasnt the same after breaking his jaw,appeared to lose confidence after that,still remember his sweet shooting in 2002 championship,was almost automatic with his 3 pointers.

Reply #127443 | Report this post

BH  
Years ago

Just wanted to wish Mark and his family all the very best for the future. Well done on your achievements whilst being a sixer.

Reply #127633 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

True Battler, hole plugger, annoying defender and great team mate.
The right thing to do for a club wanting to move forward, sad to do to such a great guy - great guy.
Goodluck in the future Nashy.

Reply #127653 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754