Anonymous
Years ago

Where's Jacob Holmes?

Just wondering if anyone knew where or if Jacob Holmes is playing ABA this off season.

Topic #10992 | Report this topic

Year of the Brave  
Years ago

I have heard from a somewhat relaible source that Cowan has paid him an undisclosed amount of money not to play anywhere in the off season to avoid injury come NBL time...

Can anyone confirm this?

Reply #127417 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wouldn't surprise me.

Reply #127435 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

A waste of money.

Reply #127439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

useless, next boomer my arse.

Reply #127451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought he was playing at Wayverly Falcons?

Reply #127478 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Jacob is not playing ABA at the current time. He is training hard, working on a lot of individual areas including strength and fitness, before the upcoming boomers camp.

Reply #127480 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Has he developed an arc on his jumpshot yet?

Reply #127545 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Shooting 41% from the 3 point line?

Who cares whether it's flat?

Reply #127547 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

I can confirm that he has been paid $50k to not play ABA for anyone this off season.

Reply #127576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's Holmes? Rover here! (say it in your best Scooby Doo inpersonation)

Reply #127614 | Report this post

Bradfan  
Years ago

Told by Adam Quick that he was at Sandringham last week watching his girl play! Didn't mention the $50K but the way Cowan throws around the $$ it would be no surprise. Jacob apparently got $50K under the table just to sign this time last year.

Reply #127820 | Report this post

T.O. Slammer  
Years ago

Jacob is just taking the winter season off. Rest and recuperation - plain and simple.

Reply #127982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The truth: Heal did not let Holmes play ABA this year. Was set to have a run with Waverley but the Almighty One poo-pooed it.

Reply #128082 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

This is the problem with the league, waste sh*tloads on money to get players instead of using it to market the team and get bigger crowds.

NBL is full of corruption. Thanks Rick.

Reply #128087 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When this thread came up, I sent Jake an email and after getting back online post-Easter, he has replied.

For those interested, he's spending the off-season working on his strength and conditioning for the Boomers camps and working out with Guy Molloy.

He's also working in Account Services for Cowan Design, so if he's getting paid to sit out the off-season, it's not quite for nothing.

Reply #128552 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754