Isaac
Years ago

36ers corrections: Nash, Ballinger, Horvath

Seems as though Boti's recent article either jumped the club's gun or was a little incorrect on a few issues.

The 36ers have told me that Adam Ballinger has officially signed a one year deal with the club, not two years; also, he will not necessarily become an Australian citizen until at least the 2008/09 season.

Mark Nash has not yet been officially released by the club and remains in discussions with the club over his playing future.

Nick Horvath has not yet been released by the club and remains under consideration for the final import position, contingent on player availability and other signings.

Topic #10993 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Doubt Horvath will resign. No issues with nash coming back....for what he is played and role he is asked to give...good at it. Ballinger will be good, but best to play safe and sign for a single season and take it from there.

Reply #127408 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

wow..thats a lot of inacuracy in the article then?

Reply #127413 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Oh you have got to be kidding me? I was on such a high today at the thought of Nash having been cut, and now wham! right back to Earth!

Seriously though, his playing future has to be zero, doesn't it? I don't care how well he is playing in Hobart, he was a liability last season and needs to be removed.

Reply #127414 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Oh excellent reporting it would seem Boti. For crying out loud, where is the communication between the Sixers administration and its supporter base?!

Reply #127418 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

That is terrible reporting. For someone who's supposed to be the number one basketball journo in the country, he really stuffed this up.

Then again, maybe he was given the wrong info!

Boti - feel free to tell us what happened ..... ;-)

Reply #127420 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Whilst I guess Horvath hasnt been released, he also hasnt been signed so therefore he is a free agent and could sign anywhere he wants.

Reply #127427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

realise that there is the truth and there is the clubs official statement and they arent always the same thing. boti is correct on all counts, club just isnt releasing the news yet.

Reply #127432 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"The 36ers have clarified that Adam Ballinger has signed a one year deal with the club, not two years; also, he will not necessarily become an Australian citizen until at least the 2008/09 season."

Oh damnit!!!

In was feeling so happy.

Reply #127436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

123, think it through a little...

Reply #127442 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

I agree with 127432. In time I am sure that what Boti has reported will be proved to be correct. IE Ballinger allowed to play as an Australian either in 1st or 2nd year and Nash not a 36er next year.

Pretty clear that Horvath won't be a 36er next year unless something incredible happens. However, I don't blame the 36ers for maintaining the line that 'Horvath is being considered for next season' so as to try their best not to offend him/his agent in case all other options fall through.

Similarly, assuming it is true that Nash won't be a 36er next season then they are probably working on a mutually acceptable agreement given that Nash was contracted for next season. This might not be finalised, thus the current denial.

Reply #127447 | Report this post

Dr Alfred Swan  
Years ago

me's comments... "wow..thats a lot of inacuracy in the article then?"

Have you ever known the Tiser to be accurate in most articles?

Reply #127533 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I'm sure Boti will find a way to blame Shane Heal or Brian Goorjian for any inaccuracies.

Reply #127546 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Fair Point Dr Alfred,

To others who have suggested that "the article will be proven to be corect" well, that is not acceptable from our media. If i want rumour and innuendo, i will read this forum...the Advertiser is supposed to write the facts, or at least let us know when it is witing merely opinion or guesswork.

Reply #127553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is fact. see stephon's post and think about it for longer than 5 s.

Reply #127557 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:10 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754