TP
Years ago

Is there anyone like Rodman?

I got to thinking. Like him or hate him, Dennis Rodman was quite a unique individual. I have limited access to the NBA these days (no pay TV and a fairly mild internet connection) and I was wondering if anyone currently in the NBA has taken the mantle as the next Dennis Rodman? I'm talking about things like the crazy hair and myriad of tattoos - things like that.

Topic #11001 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Errrr just about every player in the league these days.

Reply #127496 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Scot Pollard?

Reply #127498 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

RonRon would have to take the cake as the fruitiest "Active" (but not so sure how much longer that will apply) NBA Player... On court (fights, trying out for the US Shot Put team by hurling Tv monitors on court...), off court (domestics, whatnot), the whole spectrum... I mean the guy forced the Pacers to give him "personal time" to help promote an album he produced - and he repaided them with the Malice at the palace...

Honorable Mentions To: Gilbert Arenas (harmless - but still wacky), Stephen Jax, Just off the top of my head... Sam Mitchell needs to get a mention as well - any coach that drives their franchise player out of town by trying to strangle him on a massage table (even if it is a pile of excreta like V.C.) has to make the list...

Reply #127501 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Who was that white guy who played last season who was covered in tattoo's and had crazy hair? Had awesome hops as well. I thought he played in the sophmore/rookie game or entered the dunk comp either last year or the year before. Haven't seen him at all though this year. I think he played for Denver or Memphis????

Reply #127503 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Chris "the birdman" Anderson.

Reply #127504 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

On the money once again Lloyd, but can you tell me this...what number did he wear!!!

Reply #127507 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Just noticed that the "Birdman" isn't even on an NBA list!

Reply #127508 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Nope, he got suspended indefinitely for drugs ASFAIK

Reply #127509 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol...Birdman...drugs...so many jokes..

Reply #127510 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yeah just saw he was suspended for two years back in January 2006 for drug abuse.

Reply #127512 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I reckon he wore number 15 for Denver. I think I have some video of him in a dunk contest.

Reply #127513 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

He was the guy who said "It is time for this Birdmand to fly" in the dunk contest and then proceeded to brick 11 dunks in a row

Reply #127515 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

#15 for Denver is Carmelo.

I reckon he wore an obscure number (like 82, or something crazy), but I don't know for sure.

Reply #127516 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure he wore number 12 when he played for the Hornets and as far as I can remember he wore the same number for the Nuggets.

Reply #127519 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It was more of a personal joke between me and Lloyd but for those who want to know, he wore number 12.

Reply #127521 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I know he had "white line fever"

Reply #127522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also the dunk comp when he stuffed JR Smith up and then when it was his turn JR returned the favour, that was classic.

Reply #127527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, BOOGA!

Reply #127531 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Scott Pollard...and a blast from the past...Cherokee Parks. Artest is awesome, love that 'im about to crack' look he has.

Reply #127640 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

That dunk contest was funny as hell. Charles Barkley and co thought so too. You could also see Iverson, Lebron, Marion (and some other all stars) absolutley wetting themselves.

Reply #127903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754