he-man
Years ago

Div 1 men last night

Does any one know the results from last nights games?

Topic #1101 | Report this topic

deak  
Years ago

Centrals beat a watered-down Sturt Div 2 team by 3pts.

Reply #12210 | Report this post

old_balls  
Years ago

Yes, Sturt were watered down, but Centrals' line-up was just as inexperienced, with their line-up containing mostly fringe players fighting for an ABA spot in 2005, and just the 1 player (M.Atkins) as a projected starter for the upcoming ABL season.
I also don't think that James-Martin, Shepherd or Finkemeyer appreciate being called 'watered down div 2 players'.
Let's just say it was a game where both teams played alot of their younger guys and Centrals were better on the day.

Reply #12219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard Eastern beat Southern in pretty controversial circumstances down south last night.

Reply #12220 | Report this post

Flyon..thewall  
Years ago

No controversial circumstances at all.
I heard Southern had it in the bag and blew it.

Reply #12222 | Report this post

??  
Years ago

At the end of the matters is the score on the night!

Controversy, watering down, players fighting it out are just would ofs, could ofs didnts type statements.

If these teams get new players, change their lineups or have an uncontroversial game and they get a different result next week, the week after or in the ABL season then great but until then who cares, its all talk...

Reply #12224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never meant to suggest it wasn't their fault. I heard they blew it allon their own. As you said they had the game in the bag. Was just saying the story I was told about the end of the game wasn't exactly a typical way to lose a game.

Reply #12229 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

North - sorry the academy Beat west by 6 hand-bore got a pretty big dunk watch that thumbs play if you come up against them. other than that i thought both teams played pretty average Jamie granger - the comeback Kid played well for west and north had no standouts. If they play like they did last night both will struggle.

Reply #12251 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Granger is back playing reserves/ABL again after the past 2/3 years in Div 3? The West div 3 side will fall apart!

Reply #12252 | Report this post

nbafinally  
Years ago

so sturt were watered down but centrals werent??? didnt they take into consideration that both teams were missing starters. its good to see that the whole league including centrals will be close.

Reply #12263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how did the norwood v forestville matchup pan out?

Reply #12294 | Report this post

luvthecrest  
Years ago

Forestvillle by 2 thanks to a Matt Sutton foul line J with about 3 seconds left.(77-75, at Hillcrest)

With no Farnam, Wood, Cambell, Dix,Wilson, Sullivan....the Eagles played their hearts out.

Matt Gange and Haydon , along with Sutton having outstanging games.

Krause was the standout for Norwood. Lomman was too busy trying to beat up on Forestvilles young guns, that he forgot that there was a game on.

Webber was useless down the stretch. Turning the ball over at crucial times due to the pressure of some little guy called Timmy. man that guy is quick and can play some serious D.

It was a great game to watch. Very much a transition game with however a lot of physical play aswell.

Reply #12359 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

About that comment about sturt and centrals being close is the finniest thing i have ever heard... The Centrals juniors are woeful compared to Sturt... Even when centrals have their team they only include Reggie and thats it... You can't count Wilkey cause he can;t play. Sturt was without Bauer, Gower, Williams, Benson, and Forman which is pretty much their starting five this season i reckon....

Reply #12377 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Less woofing please. Give Centrals a shot this year -- their improvement can only be good for the league.

Reply #12379 | Report this post

luvthecrest  
Years ago

A win is a win. When was the last time any Central Div 1 mens side beat a Sturt Div 1 mens side? would be a while i'd suggest. good on ya centrals. Reggie going to Centrals.......wouldn't put money on that.

Reply #12384 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

What makes you say that "luvthecrest"?

You know him or something?

Reply #12387 | Report this post

old_balls  
Years ago

Yothu - read post #12219 again.

Then take into consideration that the posts made were in reference to this weeks game between Sturt & Centrals. Both teams were without the majority of their ABA starters.

Sturt will welcome some big names back into the line-up come March, but Centrals too will see some significant players join the line-up later this summer season and ABA in 2005.

If Centrals can bridge the gap and become more competitive for 4 quarters every game, every week, it has to better for the league, right?

Reply #12389 | Report this post

yothuufool  
Years ago

yothu a brainless twit, nice work champ, obviously a sturt benchy or even no gamer who got nothing else to do but bag other teams that are getting some competitiveness back. watson, wilkey even without reggie will bolster there stocks, good on them i say and if they do happen to sign reggie look out could be real dangerous, bring the league closer

Reply #12390 | Report this post

??  
Years ago

Lets stop hypothesizing and wait and see what happens next game. Centrals got up on this one on the day and have equalled their win loss record from last summer already this season.

Maybe sturt will beat them next time maybe they wont but until then centrals won and lets leave it at that.

Reply #12391 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

That Forestville guy called Timmy is i suspect Tim Smyth, and original junior and sometimes benchie. Nice to see him get court time and show what he has got.

Reply #12417 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754