Panther
Years ago

Brooks to Hawks...Ninnis back @ 6ers??

What people seem to have missed in todays article is that KB has been signed as assistant to Eric Cooks in Wollongong. With his departure, will Scott Ninnis look at an assistant role once again with the Sixers???
Would Mal entice Ninny back with the offer of the head coaching role next season???
Also did anyone else pick up on Boti's little comment about Centrals Basketball team at the end...any comments S.Vidmar???

Topic #11018 | Report this topic

Johno  
Years ago

Where is the article so i have a read

Reply #127763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the advertiser

Reply #127764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you put up a link!

Reply #127766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21507344-5006371,00.html

Reply #127767 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I mentioned the rumour of KB to Hawks on this forum a couple of weeks back - wasn't sure of it though.

Reply #127771 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Assistant coaching vacancies aside, I don't think Ninnis could have come back in any capacity while KB was still here.

Remember 2001, KB's last year as a player here - towards the end of that season, KB crudely decked Ninny during a training session, resulting in a brief but fiery altercation.

Reply #127781 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

I wonder if signing of Brooks as a assistant coach will help Cooks. I wonder if that will help with the attraction of player to the club.

Reply #127797 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

but would ninnis really want another assistant job? He really would be at that point where he feels he should be a head coach. I guess if there are no head spots open he goes for the next best option though.

Reply #127809 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

How come Brooks isnt staying in Adelaide??? did they want someone else?? did he want to leave?? or did Wollongong just offer him a better gig??? Good luck to KB where ever he goes!

Reply #127831 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ninny and KB got over that altercation as far as I know. Ninny should come back to 6ers as an assistant and with the intention to take Smyth's job. He has seen how cut throat and ugly the business of pro coaching can be... I'd like to see him in charge...

Reply #127835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure Phil is going to take Ninnis on as an assistant if he is going to take his job.

Kobe24 you must be playing cards without a full deck.

Reply #127851 | Report this post

jammer  
Years ago

We all like Ninny but he is no Head Coach if he was his record would show it so lets get off Ninnis as a head coach aint going to happen no one chased him for next season that is a good indicator.Before you say he was contracted to the Dragons forget that everyone knew he wasnt there next season and the dragons would of been happy to let him go no payout for them so fact is great guy but not up to head coaching in the nbl

Reply #127864 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

yo andrew, dude, get your facts straight before you start bringing up "old, inaccurate shit".

yes, there was indeed an altercation between ninni and myself.

out of frustration, (over what i deemed to be inappropriate behavior on behalf of the 36ers front office during my contract negotiations)and during an emotional training session i wrongly took it out on ninni.

but "crudely decked him".

mate, i threw about 50 blazing, bruce lee-roy style punches in 5 seconds.....ninni stood right out of reach of them, waited for me to tire out, and conveniently tackled the shit out of me.

therefore, the joke amongst the boys & coaches (those who were actually there) was that all i did was rearrange his hair.

i apologized to ninni the next night over dinner and two lovely bottles of vino.

and i apologized to the team the next day at shootaround.

so there you have it cheesedick.....

my resume now reads, past player, current coach & hair stylist.

peace & hair grease suckkerrrs!

Reply #127977 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

He would have enjoyed the wine a great deal, and his hair needed something to be done about it.

Well done!

Reply #128195 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:24 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754