Johnny Sack
Years ago

Walter Herrmann - The Argie With A German Name...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4207/gamelog

I was totally stupefied with this guy not getting any minutes for most of the season - and now he is starting (and might i add making Morrison look like a VERY shabby pick considering he's a FA)... The guy has been the "microwave guy" on a FIBA WC Gold medal team, played at the top level in Europe, has great size (6-9), phenomenal quickness and athleticism (i saw him live at last years WCs - and was gobsmacked), and can ring it in from anywhere... Why the 'Cats have only just started to use him in any major form is beyond me...

Check out his recent games (game log link above)...

Topic #11038 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Check that!!! Olympic WC Gold medalist... Sorry...

Reply #128075 | Report this post

Unit  
Years ago

He reminds me of Fabio, that guy who was on the front of all those romance novels years ago.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007231/

Reply #128081 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776393p5.html

Near the bottom #2

Not just romance novels my friend... not just romance novels... I wonder how much of the game development budget went into getting Fabio on the box art... Come to think of it can you imagine the pitch -

Marketing Dude "Yeah boss - Fabio has agreed to do the cover"

Project Manager "FABIO - I LOVE HIM!!! - get it done NOW, before he changes his mind... (mutters under his breath - "Fabio - wow... this game is gonna be huge...")...

Reply #128085 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well spotted Johnny - had been noticing him put up some decent numbers - would've doubled his PPG since he grabbed a starting role, easily I reckon.

Always love these benchies getting their chance - especially Boykins putting up 30+ point games!

Reply #128146 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Forget Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors II, I want to play Ninja Golf!!

Reply #128155 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

while your there, why dont we play Shaq-Fu... what the hell is shaq fu

Reply #128356 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Apparently it what you do when you have a shitty generic beat 'em up (that hasn't a hope in hell of getting published - without a gimmick) and an exclusive Shaq licence that is about to expire (the gimmick)... Never played it - but i can remember that back in the day (15Yo or so) i thought it looked totally rank...

Reply #128362 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

FYI - Played another nice, efficient little game today in a win against the Heat... 20pt (on very good shooting), 6 reb, 2 as, 2 stl, in 37min...

Question is what to do with Morrison??? One of them has to go methinks... The `Cats have an option on Walter at the end of this season (and i think they will try to lock him in for a long time)... Morrison could be the next Danny Ferry: a high priced (- both in salary and draft position) bench ornament... Who will give them anything resembling the kind of value you should normally get for a no 3 pick overall in a trade... (No Isaiah jokes please...)

Reply #128396 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Maybe the Bucks, they are trying to get rid of Gadzuric (who the Bobcats couls use SPARINGLY!!) as a back-up for Brezec & Okafor & maybe say Earl Boykins (works in Realgm trade checker!)

Reply #128498 | Report this post

Dieter  
Years ago

Many NBA teams doesnt use their foreign player cause NBA stil thinks that outsiders cant play, look at Ginobili´s case.

Reply #129552 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754