Anonymous
Years ago

Influencing refs.

I'd be interested in any thoughts on what's the best way to stop coaches influencing refs in a game. One coach in particular starts a game 10 points up each week because of his ability to pressurise refs.

Topic #11049 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

who's that

Reply #128233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its you of course.

Reply #128241 | Report this post

Rambo  
Years ago

One thing not to do as the opposing coach is to go and say something to the refs.

If a coach is continuously carrying on about how a ref is calling a game and putting pressure on the refs then offer them (the coach) a tissue to dry their eyes or give them a whistle.

If there is a problem take it up with the UIC if there is one, or one of the senior refs. And the UIC or senior ref can then go and watch the game, then offer some advice.

Reply #128281 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Where is this coach who gets 10 free points a week? I'm guessing its related to Uniform, in which case it's up to the opposing team to actually get their uniform together?

Reply #128289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a Junior coach from one of our leading clubs, who owns the refs.

Reply #128295 | Report this post

Agreed #128295, but i'm not game enough to say who it is.
Your turn...

Reply #128345 | Report this post

I take it we are talking Jnr and not ABL

Reply #128376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All fear the wrath of the blue boy and his intimidatory style .

Reply #128443 | Report this post

Denny Crane  
Years ago

Hi mum, good to see you've come over from Boston. Hope to catch up with you later on today.
Hope to meet my new dad today, after you introduced me to the other 14 dad's i have recently had.
Love you, your son.... Denny Crane

p.s. to my new new new new new dad, do you know who i am? I'm Denny Crane

Reply #128449 | Report this post

Jenny Crane  
Years ago

(Mod: No one cares.)

Reply #128648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well as a referee my self, i can only the other coach getting 10 points a game from either incorrect uniform from the other team or no scorer. Because in my eyes a referee can't just go handing out 10 points to a team as he feels like it. I think your better or taking it up with a supervisor and not the ref in person because the more you argue your point the less calls you will get. Please reply as to why this coach is getting 10 points free every game

Reply #128946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A coach of a certain club who none of us will name as all fear the death star crew, influences umpiring decisions by his presence and intimidation so that over the course of game he's worth 10 points to his side thru favourable calls to his team and non calls to the opposition. Every junior coach would know who we are talking about.

Reply #128962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can he only see 255/0/0 and 255/255/255?

Reply #128977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok, is this happening in the junior domestic comps or in rep basketball at a higher level. what sort of referees are reffing these matches. level C or B or are they qualified A grade referees. obviously this needs to be looked at further as young refs should not be walking on the court being intimidated by this man. young kids are walking away from the umpirering side of basketball because coaches like this man are too intimidating. Something needs to be done. ASAP

Reply #129020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thankyou for the reply to help me under stand the situation. Your time and effort is well appreciated.

Reply #129042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #129020

Agreed, people who have an issue need to stop being cowards and conront this man. Maybe they an stop being little sooks.

Reply #129055 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

i would like to apolagise to the refs for the abuse that they have recieved from me but if they stopped blowing that whistle till i tell them to there would not be a problem

Reply #129117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

booga have you considered taking your wealth of experience back to centrals

Reply #129159 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

yeh but they are not interested in improving out there

Reply #129172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Booga, there out there for a reason to referee the game. they call what they see and thats final. No ref has ever changed his call because of a player arguing with him/her. wear the call and not a tech. as a ref and player i no it can be fustrating while im playin but when im reffin its a different story everything cant be seen. so play the game and stop complaining

Reply #129179 | Report this post

Denny Crane  
Years ago

Denny Crane

Reply #129374 | Report this post

Svenny Crane  
Years ago

Ve hav tha same problemz in Russia wif thaz refss beink enfluinced bye vun league coach whoze a vwery loud

Svenny Crane
- Denny's European cousin

Reply #129407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754