Rodney carney
Years ago

Texas Hold Em - Durant declares

Seems like Texas has just lost another one of their huge signings in the past two years with Durant deciding to enter the 07 Draft. I feel bad for thier coach who was offered the Kentucky job but declined possibly because he believed Durant was coming back. Bad luck for him but good decision for Durant. He's pretty much ready for the next level.

Topic #11062 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Raise you 20 bucks

Reply #128579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your bluffing

Reply #128581 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Regarding the coach, I'm pretty sure it was Florida coach Billy Donovan that got offered the job and turned it down. But why would Durant coming back make him turn it down?? Most coaches would kill for Durant. I think he turned it down because he just won 2 titles at Florida and likes the place.

On Durant, he had nothing more to prove in College, so I don't see why he should stay!!

Reply #128693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats oden going to do do u reckon?

Reply #128713 | Report this post

Rodney carney  
Years ago

They dont just offer one coach the Job then quit. The current Wildcats coach Billy Gillespie was 3rd on the list.Donavan was first on the list, After he turned it down they went after Rick Barns who turned it down possibly cause Durant was considering coming back. I heard this on Around the Horn but it might have just been the guys opinion.

Reply #128804 | Report this post

Rodney carney  
Years ago

Oden didn't take enough credit hours this semester to be eligible for next semester so he's gonna be suiting up for some lucky NBA team next season.

Reply #128805 | Report this post

Seattle's Best  
Years ago

Where did ya get that info from?? So you really think that if GREG ODEN decided to stay another year at college, Ohio State would say... "Umm well sorry Greg, you can't go here next year because you didn't complete enough credits in the spring."
Thats not going to happen!!! Its GREG ODEN!! If he wanted to come back, they would make it work. And he could do a class or two during the summer if he really wanted to be eligable, but i'm sure OSU would make it easier than that for him!

Reply #129072 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

Yeh in Violation of NCAA rules. I heard it on the rumour mill.

Reply #130138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:50 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754