Isaac
Years ago

Tigers release Axel Dench

The Melbourne Tigers have cut Axel Dench short of the second year of his two-year contract.

Head Coach Al Westover confirmed Dench had been released in a bid to go in a different direction, "we need to change the team formula to a quicker side that will hopefully see the Tigers go one step further in season 2007/08," Westover said.
More details at NBL.com.au

Topic #11068 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess Newley is a Tiger then!!

Reply #128664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley a Tigers? LOL...the Sixers suck massive monkey balls, don't they?

Reply #128672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do we want dench?, low points rating, may be a decent pick up. He can also hit the 3 more often than not

Reply #128675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is his points rating??

Reply #128677 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

7 maybe?

Tigers still confident re Newley last I heard from their camp.

Big, can hit the three. Isn't quick, doesn't play defense. Wouldn't want to start him IMO.

Reply #128678 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He IS a FORMER Rookie of the year though...

Reply #128683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers dont have many options Isaac!! I think at this point they should adopt a youth policy!! They arent getting anyone they have gone after.....bad recruiting or is Phil not as respected around the league as he once was??

Reply #128688 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

C Moore/Cooper
F Ballinger/Dench
F Tucker/Copeland
G Maher/Ng
G Davidson/Sutton

That wouldn't be too bad...

Reply #128694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no wow factor in the team thou, won't get us into top four and won't tell tickets

Reply #128699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers dont have enough points in the cap to fit Newley in.....so looks like he wont be a Tiger!!

Reply #128717 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

C: New import* / Cooper
PF: Ballenger / Kane Oakley
SF: Liam Rush / Adrian Majstrovich
SG: Maher / Sutton / Copeland
PG: Ng / Davidson

Dodman and Burton development players

Not anticipating the Sixers to sign Luke Schenscher or Brad Newley so the sixers should look at using the second import spot on a centre if we can land a versatile small forward (Rush)

Adrian Majstrovich and Kane Oakley is not my first choice bench players but they can add something if needed.

Reply #128724 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I believe Rush has agreed to stay with the Pigs.

Reply #128731 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

I wonder if there is going to be a line up for Dench is services might be anice pick up for the pigs

Reply #128737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anybody know what the sixers team may look like next season based on rumors , bar potential nba players?

Reply #128744 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I agree a team of

C Moore/Cooper
F Ballinger/Dench
F Tucker/Copeland
G Maher/Ng
G Davidson/Sutton

would be ok, and if we missed out on Moore, you could start either Dench or Cooper in the C and sign a versatile forward who can play the 3/4 and maybe a little at the 5 or give the spot to someone like Dodman. I wouldnt mind a brand new import, but Tucker would still be ok!

Reply #128746 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Where is Moore playing again?

Reply #128777 | Report this post

dinozzo  
Years ago

That team would challenge and certianly looks a lot better that last years. Remember Tucker has the ability to run the point as well, so will give them a number of options. Moore would be good, but what about Mottram? I know hes had injury problems, but is another big body to add to the mix.

Anyway you look at it they do need a another big guy in there. What about Wade Helliwell?

Reply #128793 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

C Helliwell/Cooper
F Ballinger/L.Davidson
F Tucker/Copeland
G Maher/Ng
G B.Davidson/Sutton

Not that bad...

Reply #128834 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Isn't it spelt Axl???

Reply #128839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id like to see;

PG - Davidson/Sutton
SG - Maher/Ng
SF - Gun Import(new face)/Copeland
PF - Ballinger/Dench
C - Moore(Mottram/Helliwell)/Cooper

Unless we can get a good Aussie SF as in Rush or Larry Davidson(Newley,if he does sign and doesnt go OS) then I think we could go for a gun import at the SG position and put Mahersy back to the point!!

Would like to see Dodman given another run as a development player and bring back Gerlach as the other one!

Reply #128853 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tigers will try to have Stiff re-rated to fit Newley in and keep Thomas as an import.

Reply #128866 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I'm not a huge Dench fan, but he might fit in okay to a Sixers team that is usually guard orientated on offense. He could be a useful to take up some space in the middle - much like Reesy, but whith far less charisma than the big fella.

Reply #128873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is stupid, i hope the NBL (yeah its a real long shot) realise they are working the points system to favour themselves while it leave other teams with a lack of players and boring to watch.

Reply #128874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stiffs points shouldnt be readjusted......it would not be fair!! Surely the Commissioner should be looking into Salary Caps at the same time!! Would make for a more even comp and would reward loyalty to the one club!!

Reply #128889 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Are Sixers talking to Larry Davidson and Axel Dench?

Reply #129035 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754