123abc
Years ago

Crows win Showdown 87-63

Well done Macca! 30 possesions, Tredrea kept to a single goal and not even the umpires could help Port. Congratulations Crows on a well fought win!

Without Riccuito, Johncock, McGregor, Hentschell and Biglands the Crows played better than expected.

Now for the fun part!

"Sorry Crow fans, won't be there."
-Anonymous (#127068)

"At least we don't have to worry about yours!kdog"
-Anonymous (#123136)

It is so much sweeter to beat Port!

Hopefully this shuts up the few annoying Port supporters who think their team can walk on water.

...I lost my tip...Who tipped the Crows?

Topic #11094 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Macca, well done Crows

Reply #129138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was there ever going to be another result. The team for all South Australians. GO CROWS.

Reply #129143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yer brag all u wont crows supporters but u did get ALOT of help frm the umpires

Reply #129145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP ADELAIDE CLAP CLAP CLAP

Reply #129149 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Anon 129145... r u kidding me? Didnt u see the free kick count 21 to 11 Ports way! and Adelaide got alot of help from the umpires pfft!

Reply #129152 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I tipped the Crows - at one point they were favourites with the TAB I think, until Bode was a confirmed absence.

Reply #129153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Went to the game and support Port, but can not blame the umpires (maybe Tredea's mark), but that was not the difference. Crows came out hard tackled hard and ran well. Port the opposite except maybe in the 3rd quarter. Still a good start by Port but big one next week at the G against Collingwood. Crows have a big one against Sydney.

Reply #129154 | Report this post

3guardfront  
Years ago

(#129145)
yer brag all u wont crows supporters but u did get ALOT of help frm the umpires

Good on you Anon, Brain dead grammar.

Reply #129163 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Go the Crows! Nothing better than to beat Port. I tipped the crows too.

Reply #129166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another quality display from the defend first Cows !!! Cwaigy's flooding game plan was just awesome again......any danger of going head to head with another team Cwaigy ??

Kudos to Adelaide. We didn't cope with the plethora of players behind the ball but my oh my are you guys ugly to watch.

Probably explains the lack of a crowd today.

PS. Pretty chirpy for a side that is 2-1 just like Port Adelaide. Get your money on a nil all draw against Sydney guys !!

Reply #129169 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

think the lack of crowd today was because it was a power home game

Reply #129171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"think the lack of crowd today was because it was a power home game"

We have our standard 28000. The rest of you guys must've drowned in the flood !!

Reply #129173 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

28000 what dream was that from

Reply #129174 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Ahh some things never change in SA - Crows fans will ALWAYS be one eyed clowns!

Reply #129176 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

better then 1 eyed crims

Reply #129178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My bad...27000. Idiot.

Reply #129181 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

crows fans bragging about thier win if u were that good we would of been dead and buried at half time 3 goals 10 and still in the game u just got luck we had a bad game and u guys were just luky enough to be playing us that day to only win by 22 doesnt instill much fear in us i tell u showdown 23 should be a different story one game wonders!!!

Reply #129182 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

27000 what ? members WOW i mean WOW thats HUGE

Reply #129184 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

actually anon knob if you knew your doing your club and injustice you have

2007 Power Membership Update

Current (12 April 07) - 32,976

Reply #129186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge supports magic and port. Says it all about his mental state. port played like crap and had the umpires on their side (check free count)and they could not fill out the stadium. Why should Crows supporters go to a port home game and put money into ports pocket. Spadge I am so glad you don't barrack for the Crows I might have to consider barracking for another club if you did.

Reply #129187 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

fark ppl who bring the whole umpire debate into , seriouly give it up what about the X amount of dropped marks turnovers points that caused the team to lose vs the couple free kicks

ffs

Reply #129189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's talking about memberships you fool ?? Were we not talking about average crowd figures ?? Or do you go off on a tangent to fantasy land like the majority of you do ??

2006 average crowd was 26955. Knob !!

Reply #129190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Why should Crows supporters go to a port home game and put money into ports pocket."

Err...to support your club ??
Haha....nice theory.

Reply #129191 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

Footy club membership for those who care and when you look at it SA and WA teams are doing ok, infact better then ok

ADELAIDE 50,938
WEST COAST 44,138
COLLINGWOOD 38,038
FREMANTLE 35,666
PORT ADELAIDE 32,976
ESSENDON 32,511
ST KILDA 32,327
GEELONG 32,290
SYDNEY 30,382
RICHMOND 29,406
CARLTON 28,756
HAWTHORN 28,003
BRISBANE 27,459
WESTERN BULLDOGS 24,042
MELBOURNE 22,698
KANGAROOS 21,624

Reply #129192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was the worst showdown ever!! Umpires were crap and by the way they dont count the frees they call and then play advantage.
Crows played crap and will struggle to beat the top teams like West Coast.
The Power also played crap and if they keep turning the ball over like they did today, they will struggle to beat anyone!!
All in all, it was the worst showdown I have ever witnessed!!

Reply #129193 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

2,856 tickets where not sold today,

this is why showdowns shouldnt be on sat arvo and against live tv,

and was not considering your crowd average, infact your first post didnt hint at that other wise i would have grabbed my work out and produced those figures for ya, and off on a tangent im neutral you fool couldnt give a fark either way, i was there today and yes it wasnt the most entertaining game ive seen but saying that i was at the syd/wc game and that wasnt the most entertaining game skills wise either..

interesting foot note though 28,000 is break even for a club membership wise, when will the afl stop proping up the clubs

Reply #129195 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

You think Port weren't flooding? pffft.

Reply #129199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You wrote "think the lack of crowd today was because it was a power home game"

I wrote "We have our standard 28000. The rest of you guys must've drowned in the flood !!"

Hence the crowd figure discussion.

But yes, Saturday afternoon is ridiculous !! Amateur footy started today also.

Reply #129201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You think Port weren't flooding? pffft."

All sides put numbers behind the ball at some stages throughout the game....Cows just do it more than anyone else. Deny it. You have the most negative coach in the league.

Reply #129202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port flood just as much as the Crows do. Crows are just better with the ball when they attack. Must be OK at that too as we were up at the end of the game. Can't do that from the back lines.

Reply #129216 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Crows win and Port supporters think that Port are still better? Know wonder you people are saying these things, you're damn f*ckwits! You have no bloody idea! Crows running the ball is entertaining to many and it is even better to see Tredrea being beaten!

You Port supporters should learn to shut up. Port couldn't compete, Mark Williams knows it, one day it will be the opposite. Until then, try to have some class rather then dispencing lame insults! Have some god damn class!

Apologies for those who don't deserve such a verbal thrashing.

That's My Two Cents.

Reply #129227 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

That was the worst showdown I've ever seen, once Neil Craig lost round one he went back to his original flooding tactics he had when he took over the team. No faith in his players to win a one on one contest he floods back heavily, your full forward was taking marks across half back ffs all day! We didn't flood at the start and it costs you against the crows because if you don't play their way ie flood then have a go at attacking doesn't work out, everyone push back try again then they kill you on the rebound so you have no choice but to employ a flood back, even then only a few times did we actually do it like the crows did. I just don't understand how the Crows supporters can support that kind of football, it's disgraceful and is ruining the game, it seems to be the as long as we are winning theory but he has no plan B, teams that are further advanced than Port are at the moment have the skills and team work to beat his crappy flood these days so they won't win a premiership with it so then I ask wtf is the point in ruining football with it?

Look at St Kilda vs Bulldogs and Carlton Essendon for how to play and for methods that will win finals.

Reply #129236 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

Oh and wtf is with the Crows supporters and Tredrea? There's a weird obsession there, the guy hasn't played for 9 months and Cwaigy still triple teams him? Maybe one showdown he'll get to play actually one on one with Rutten, then I'll believe he beats him.

Reply #129237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flood or no flood the CROWS won and got the points thats what matters, and won more 50/50 contests look at the stats...

Reply #129241 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

thankyou anon (#129241). Apologies for blowing up, i shouldn't have sunk to level of some people on here.

Reply #129245 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

'Maybe one showdown he'll get to play actually one on one with Rutten, then I'll believe he beats him.'

That HAS happened, and Rutten DID shut him down.

Reply #129246 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

yeah the ultimate showdown in the finals, 1 on 1 with tredders , warren had no marks in the 50 and had no impact,

either way flood or no flood, we are lucky to have such a rivalry in this state, and the passion shows in this topic.

now if only we could get sa vs vic back

Reply #129248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mufflover,

Do you know anything about football. Thanks for the tip on how to win finals. I will go and scrutinise St Kilda, Bulldogs, Blues and Essendon - huge finals record in that group recently!!

Get over it - Under pressure Port skills let them down; but what would you expect if Chocco has anything to do with skills training.

Reply #129249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port crybabies can bleet all they want. The BEST TEAM won.

Reply #129260 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Rutten clearly beat Tredrea. It was clear that Rutten had the advantage over Tredders when Warren started throwing elbows. Richard Douglas copped a beauty. Tredrea still has no success against the crows even with the help of his special mates the umpires. Tredrea is protected by them how can Scottie Thompson get pinned for holding the ball when Tredrea is sitting on top of him and has him in a headlock with his feet? Great win by the Crows. The crows are the pride of South Australia!!!!!!!!

Reply #129265 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

Yes annon it would seem I have more idea then you do. The Crows rarely had a one on one yesterday in the back half, Essendon showed what happens when they have to play one on one they generally lose ie choke against West Coast.

Reply #129273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mufflover get over it port lost and crows won

Reply #129276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they rarely didn't have a one on one contest and the Crows won the game...if that's the reason why didn't master coach Chocco instruct them to man up. Since you know so much perhaps you should coach the Power

Reply #129277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can not match up against a flood against your team!!!

Reply #129290 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

You can break the flood though!

Reply #129294 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

You can break the flood though!

Reply #129295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Say what you want. Port lost. If they were good enough they would have won. Need a hanky Port supporters.

Reply #129350 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

as if u didnt tip the crows if u look at showdowns past port usually lose the home showdown especially if its the first of the year

i got 6 the past 3 weeks dam carlton and hawks

Reply #129438 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754