Years ago

Sturt v Forestville - Photos

Photos from tonights games at Pasadena are now online at www.damrob.com.au

or direct link

Damrob Photos - Sturt v Forestville @ Pasadena

Topic #11097 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you no any results from aba last night?

Reply #129226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All ABA results are available at www.centralabl.com.au

Reply #129230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt (m) lost 83 to 87 - but it seems like no Darren Ng ?

sturt (w) won 58 to 43

North men won 120 !!! to 89 against woodville

Reply #129233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren Ng has been banned from playing ABA for around six weeks by the sixers.

Reply #129235 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Got to my first ABL game of the season (Pasadena is back!) to watch the hilariously undermanned Sabres take on Forestville. No D.Ng, no Dodman, no Todd Smythe, no Hakkas, not even Liam Flynn and Todd Gower present. They started, from memory, M.Ng, Mark Bauer, Paget, Palmer and then, besides Vaughno, had no one else I recognised on their roster. Was the other starter Simmons?

Yet what was amazing is that they led for part of the game and made it a contest. Hit some threes late to make the Eagles work for it. Very scrappy game though.

The performance from these young newcomers was quite amazing - Paget had a double-double up against Kane Oakley after barely getting a run last year. Marcus Ng went off for 30 at 56%, plus 7 boards and 6 assists, playing through what looked like cramps.

The guys I'd not seen play before that seemed to do pretty well were Mitch Simmons and Andrew Braham (12 pts) going by the boxscore.

Oakley had 11 and 19 with 5 blocks but should've dominated the scoring against Paget and Palmer inside, instead of going 5/19 FG in front of Steve Breheny. Sutton was pretty poor (2/12 FG) from the field too.

As forum regular, BenFitz, said - if you had a basketball newcomer watching that game and asked them to pick the two guys that played reasonable minutes at a higher level last year, I don't know that they could've done it.

Spotted at the game, Newley, Dix, Breheny, etc.

Reply #129243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north are machines

Reply #129251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern women lost to Norwood!!!!

Reply #129256 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Anyone know who the guy in the red hat at the game was?

Reply #129281 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why would Darren by banned from playing for 6 weeks at this time of the year?

Reply #129282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is NG a restricted Player?

Reply #129293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North won that game without key players Dusty Rychart, Ben Groves and Dallas Quigley too. Due to Ben groves wedding i believe

Reply #129296 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Heard that Ng is on an intensive weight training program.

Where were Dodman and a couple of the coaches?

Reply #129314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan was at his fathers wedding.
Liam was at a family wedding.
Hakkers out with a neck injury.
Darren is on a weight program and looking after a injury, he will be out for 4 games including last night. "not banned by the sixers"

Reply #129324 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:43 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754