Smleygirl
Years ago

Is Glenn Shaw still coaching in Adelaide?

Does anyone know if Glenn Shaw is still coaching basketball in Adelaide?

Topic #11098 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

Does anybody care?

Reply #129225 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Coaching South Adelaide ABA women and South U12 Div 1 girls.

anon - so much time, so little idea.

Reply #129239 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

he's doing juniors..... what is that club thinking!!!! long term this will affect their club, not for the good either.
South i urge u to replace him if u want a decent junior program. ask any of his senior players what they think of him as a coach and u will find that his coaching is limited at best!

Reply #129250 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

And what are your credentials booga to judge Shaw ? Just another parent who bags from the sideline?

Reply #129255 | Report this post

Booga you just prove that you have no idea about basketball.

What team do you have again?

Also which players say that?

Make a statement now back it up!!!!!

Reply #129259 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Glenn is a terrific Coach. I have spent many hours with the man and he is very knowledgable about the game.
I have witnessed his coaching first hand and have had many conversations with him about Basketball. He always puts his players and his team first.
I think it might be that Booga is jealous of Glenn. Or Glenn must have cut Booga from one of his teams.
Oh, that's right Booga doesn't play......

Reply #129279 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Glenn is at South and doing a good job with the senior women as he has the results this to prove that.

Reply #129280 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Results to prove it?? Hasn't the South Adelaide Womens basketball club been competitive for a long time now and all he did was adopt a good team. Isn't this the same coach that lead the Centrals womens team to almost no wins? or am I thinking of a different coach?

Reply #129288 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

No most of there players left when he took over and has to re build. Which he has done. Good on him for doing that.

Reply #129301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Isn't this the same coach that lead the Centrals womens team to almost no wins? "

Yeah.... that was all Glenn's fault no doubt about it..... because their performance before and after he was coaching was so much better.... (yes i am being sarcastic...)

Reply #129306 | Report this post

fish  
Years ago

The team has played the bottom half of the draw lets see good he goes playing the half of the draw mmm

Reply #129392 | Report this post

dog  
Years ago

I here that some u12 players have all ready left.

Reply #129393 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Yes dog #9393, they have gone to play ABA with Centrals...

Reply #129402 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Centrals need all the help they can get at most age group in the female side of the club. Not just there seniors.

Reply #129409 | Report this post

A Nimrod Sloth  
Years ago

The answer to the question is yes he is at south adelaide and is reachable via the club's vp senior women (his mobile phone number is on this site somewhere too).

the website with contact details is: www.southadelaide.basketball.net.au

lets not turn this into another Glenn and Centrals thread.

Reply #129410 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Someone needs to take chill out pills. Neptuneboy made a joke I made one back. Don't see thats having a go at Glenn if you read up I've stuck up for him. So need to chill or get a life.

Reply #129421 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Another great forum topic that attacks someone personally. Love to know if someone attack personally the owner of this forum, how long it would last on here? The things people let go to hits on their forum.

Reply #129425 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Ah, the little black bear is still in the woods.

Reply #129426 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the know - it's pretty tame stuff, surely many would agree?

If you direct me to a specific post, I will take a closer look.

Reply #129428 | Report this post

So Booga where is ur evidence????

Once again you have amde urself look like a tool!!!!

Reply #129440 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Thanks Big Kahuna, i'll be here all week!

Reply #129449 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

So what you are saying is this Forum promotes bad mouthing of individuals? I am sure Glenn would not agree!! What happen to your big promotion about sniping and put downs? That didn't last very long did it?

Reply #129473 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, this forum is an application that allows individuals to post their opinion. The content reflects more on the contributors than on the owner, in my opinion. I'm not here to spank all of district basketball because many can't co-exist for five seconds without bitching about each other.

If someone thinks that an opinion is well over the line, they can email me a reference to a specific post (something you're still yet to do) and I'll take a look. Otherwise, especially for topics I'm not too interested in (e.g., inter-club whinging), I barely skim read, if I read it at all.

Reply #129475 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

The thing is once the "opinion' is aired it is there for all to see. Do a google search on people and see what comes up. Why should peoples name be shit on just because people want to bitch or there are personality clashes. You still have not answered my question about the sniping and putdowns being allowed. "No sniping at other clubs and no who cares". That is not being adhered to. Well the specific posts would be one in every 3 topics posted on here. The problem you have is that your forums posts and hits would diminished significantly if you did not allow that material, wouldn't it?

Reply #129488 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You are missing the point. I don't sit here as a gatekeeper checking everything that goes through (1,400 posts/week - not feasible). The only way I spot something is if I happen across it in my reading or if someone else alerts me to a specific instance.

Don't think I'm oblivious to some of the tripe that gets posted - I'm not. It's just that it's not a black or white thing. I can't flick a switch and auto-delete posts that you don't like, or be expected to hunt through 130,000 posts and do that.

I'm trying to manage a bunch of people who are often sworn enemies of each other, a lot of whom won't put their names (or even an alias!) to their contributions, some of who don't love the quality of all posts, while others get upset and can't see why you'd delete a post with a sexually offensive remark. Case in point - you are perpetuating this discussion in a thread about a coach instead of having the balls to drop me an email or provide specific examples to get this going somewhere.

Now, in the case of this thread, you are having a general whinge, but not providing any specific examples.

Be aware, also, that there is a fine line between someone putting up their opinion and slandering another identity. Maybe I post that I don't think David Cooper is an ideal starting NBL centre in a team likely to challenge for the championship. Maybe he wishes I'd posted that he would beat Shaq one-on-one. Maybe someone posts that they don't think so-and-so is a great coach of juniors.

Now, to your final assumption - I have a (small) financial interest in this site; not enough to significantly sway my actions. It is based on views, not posts. People will always visit to read. Cut out the lowbrow posts, people still visit and I still get page views.

Seriously, drop me an email, critique a specific post, make a suggestion about ways to improve the forum or similar.

Added: One in three topics would be a substantial exaggeration. I'm looking at the most recent topics now and most are pretty reasonable IMO.

Reply #129497 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

So Isaac if you are the gatekeeper then who is the key master? In the know I think you need to go do some meditation classes. Isaac and the other moderators do a great job on this site.

Reply #129549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glenn did a great job this weekend didn't he?? Oh well same sh#@t different day.

Reply #130848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754