Anonymous
Years ago

SA country state/national squads 2007

whats going on with the SAC state/nationals squads?

Topic #11118 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is in the U/18 girls squad?

Reply #129528 | Report this post

pete  
Years ago

Yeah, who is in the U/18 girls squad? We haven't heard much about nationals this year at all.

Reply #129530 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Last 2 from the same person?

Reply #129532 | Report this post

snoff  
Years ago

i know Bree Farley, Jess Hansberry, Tess Madgen, Tayla Corbell, Chelsea Hill and Belinda Evans are all in the squad. Who else is there? Are there any girls in the squad from real country areas such as Broken Hill?

Reply #129533 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All but you from the same IP, In the Know.

Reply #129537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All SAC State Squads are on the website www.sacbc.basketball.net.au

Reply #129547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the Metro Squads? What is the word there?

Reply #129568 | Report this post

mullet-31  
Years ago

Kate and Sarah are both from Broken Hill. They both play wikid ball! Kate and Sarah deserve their place in the squad cuz theyve obviously put in alot of time and effort at trainings and like i sed..... they know how to play ball.
Keep up the good work girls!

Reply #129616 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

They are cutting this week!!! Girls should get there letteres soon. Its a big squad so a few will go

Reply #129623 | Report this post

mullet-31  
Years ago

nah the coaches dont want to cut too many. They might not cut any yet. If anyone gets a letter it will only be one or 2 girls. I dont think they will cut anyone yet though cuz they havent really got to see alot from the girls. There has only been two trainings.

Reply #129640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 will be cut

Reply #129644 | Report this post

Years ago

how do you know 3 will be cut? The girls were told that there probably wont be any cut.

Reply #129648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Solid teams in both 18 girls and boys, not too many cuts i dun think for the 18 boys however the girls have some.
Prob look to make them after couple more training sessions and/or possibily a trial match

Reply #129659 | Report this post

Dr Alfred Swan  
Years ago

I thought underage rage was not allowed on hoops?
Dr S.

Reply #129666 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Heard the under SAC 18 girls are a good team but lack a lot of height. They should struggle against teh vic metro sides

Reply #129667 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dr - where's the rage?

Reply #129677 | Report this post

Years ago

I think that both the 18 girls and 18 boys teams are going to do well. The coaches will have a hard time choosing the teams considering the quality of players in the squads. Every player in the two squads are good enough to be in the final team and it doesn't matter what the final team ends up being they are going to do well. Very strong squads!

Reply #129727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think the coaches seen a fair bit in albury. Probably a waste of time bringing them all back.

Reply #129782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need height. Their biggest players are only small compared to the vics. Its going to be hard!!!

Reply #129791 | Report this post

Dr Alfred Swan  
Years ago

My place, this weekend

Reply #130035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah height may be a problem. but there are 3 or 4 girls that are very versatile and rebound very well. Guards will play a big part defensively in putting pressure on opposition guards to make the pass into the post as difficult as possible. especially against vic metro and possibly ACT if Rowe dosent go to junior worlds. Team cohesion and discipline also very important for this group. Good luck to the coaches and players that make the group.

Reply #130136 | Report this post

mumps  
Years ago

Maybe team cohesion would be better if they picked teams much earlier than they do now so that they worked as a team for longer rather than have months of trials.

Reply #130174 | Report this post

ballgame  
Years ago

They do work as a team in trials anyway. Every player in that squad has to be working with everyone else as a team. They all know how each other play and where to be on the court. I think that the longer trials are a good idea because the coaches get to see who can do what and not just pick players because they are tall.

Reply #130185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think the coaches will select the girls that go home and shoot, shoot and shoot, because the team will need to be able to shoot with range and accuracy.

Reply #130192 | Report this post

Years ago

should do anyway

Reply #130225 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754