yogee
Years ago

36ers vs Kings - contains scores

Adelaide looking woeful in the first half, unable to hit shots which are normally money in the bank for them, and defence also lloking very poor.

Half time Sydney is 60, and Adelaide 43. Only real shining light for the 6ers is Maher, who had 12 at 1/4 time.

Farley had an attempt at a huge liberty dunk in the second, but found the back of the ring, if he had flushed it would have added Jason Smith to his poster collection.

Topic #1112 | Report this topic

Jasmine  
Years ago

The Kings look like they want it, the Sixers look like they could care less.

Sixers D is HORRIBLE, while the King's D is very tough. They can do whatever they want out there, and the only thing the Sixers have going for them is Maher going one on one.

Reply #12307 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I have only caught the 2nd 1/4 - and it is more like a game of rugby! The refs are letting so much body contact go both ways. This is playing into the Kings hands and seems to be putting the 6ers off their game. Maher is on fire but the rest of the boys need to lift at both ends and give him some help if we are to be a serious threat in the 2nd half.

Reply #12308 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Plus I forgot to add that Steve Carfino cant shut up about bloody CJ Bruton - its not hard to be shooting at 80% from the floor when your doing layups with no defence!

Reply #12309 | Report this post

hopeless  
Years ago

don't blame the refs for very poor defence and extremely poor shot selection.

sixers don't seem at all interested

neither does the crowd they seem to have forgotten to turn up

Reply #12310 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Go you CJ - UPUP UP go the HPV!

Reply #12311 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

There are heaps of people there tonight - they all came dressed as purple chairs!!

2 mins left in the 3rd 83-71.

Maher has about 28....Rychart and Farley around 20.

Reply #12312 | Report this post

hopeless  
Years ago

only thing more woeful than the game is carfino and bruton's commentary - i almost tempted to write/ring foxtel and complain

i know sixers are showing how not to play defence and allow teams to score easy undefended baskets.

Reply #12313 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

3/4 time Sydney up by 18.

91-73. Maher has 26. CJ 21. Farley 18...Rychart only has 10...seems like more.

Cooper and Holmes look like they forgot to pack their game.

Reply #12314 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

3 mins to go.....Sydney 113, Adelaide 99.

Most of the starters are now resting, no doubt for Perth on Saturday.

Reply #12315 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Sydney 122 Adelaide 106

CJ 29 on 12/18 FG
Maher 28

Reply #12317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dam under 10's play better D than that sorry mob of 36'ers players out there tonite

Reply #12320 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

good that kings won, i tipped them by 12 and they won by 16 :D

Reply #12323 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought the Sixers were a good shot tonight and tipped them convincingly. Even in the third quarter, they looked like they could do it. Farley nailed 3 threes and they were getting the stops.

But for the most part, the defense was not good at all and the results were fairly embarrassing. Statistically, only Holmes was missing more than a reasonable number of shots (4/15 - 27%) and the board count was pretty even.
The difference was 42-55% from the floor.

Maher 28, Farley 26, Rychart 18, Holmes 10. Forman 11 boards, Holmes 9.

To his credit, I thought that Farley kept at it even in the final quarter when the result was obvious.

Williams' first three was way off, but connected on three after that. Forman returned to familiar territory giving up two three-point plays (whack them Oscar! Did have 9 points, 11 boards, and 2 blocks though), Cooper was patchy (2 points, 6 boards), Holmes looked good when driving to draw the foul, but bad when forcing shots (11 points, 9 boards). Maher was excellent all night (28 points, 7 assists), Farley also good (26 points, 6 boards). Rychart was good early and then in the final quarter, but was missing a lot of shots (9/23).

Fox coverage was fine, but damn those commentators (Carfino and Cal Bruton) were annoying. Crowd looked abysmal (NBL, give up on Sydney!).

The game was my first look at Sanford -- first import not to suffer the Pacific Shrink? Looks big. Stats make him look better than he deserved.

Sixers better lift (and I think they will) for their game against the Wildcats on Saturday night.

Reply #12326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was pretty disappointed with the lack of defence and hustle shown by the sixers tonight. I thought willie seemed particularly lazy with a few defensive rotations and even chasing back even after he turned it over. hopefully its a reality check for them and the come back hard

Reply #12328 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Player Rankings (Top 10)
CJ Bruton - was almost like he couldnt hit a shot
Brett Maher - Captain Awesome once again, his 3's drainign better than a politician draining a slush fund
Ben Knight - great game, ostepping to cover for Green & Wheeler
Jason Smith - definitely now the Kings star with Nielsen gone
Luke Kendall - one of the "Rookie with a huge pair" class. Going to push Newley hard for Rookie of the Year
Willie Farley - ran a bit hold and cold tonight. If he had of stuck that dunk on Smith!
Mark Sanford - glad not to be meeting him in a dark alley!!
Oscar Forman - think he did well, and deserved more minutes
Dusty Rychart - missed a lot of shots, but never stopped trying
Brad Sheridan - got hit with a couple of quick, soft fouls, played well.

Lowest ranked player for the game - Darren Ng. Really needs to step it up if he is serious about a NBL career.

Reply #12332 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oscar was decent statistically, but not top ten (needed to get one basket on an opportunity that he didn't take, and play better defense by stepping across and making life hard for people driving inside -- "easy" improvements (saying that as an armchair critic though)). Farley was better than Kendall and Knight I think. As I said before, I was really impressed that he didn't drop his head and kept hassling his opponent throughout the game.

Reesy didn't step back on after half-time -- injured or just not suited to the pace of the game?

It was one of those games when their bench looked good, and our bench looked tentative.

2:23 left in the first half -- that was the point where it was very winnable. Down by about 12 or something. Cooper with two free throws. He missed both, and the Kings pushed it back out. If we'd kept it near to 10, and then Farley started the third with that run, it would've been a good run home.

If anyone talks to Jacob, tell him to drive whenever the shots don't drop. He's got the height and strength to do it and is (besides tonight) a good free throw shooter. He's also aggressive enough to give it a go. Could do that all night against the Wildcats (especially if Burston is out).

Reply #12334 | Report this post

kingfan  
Years ago

To the poor 36ers fans out there lets look at the team put together this year
Brett he is a legend and is the glue holding this team together
Willy a good import in the role that the team plays but can he produce away from home?
Dusty another good import and plays the role but needs help in the big man department.
Jacob started with a bang had mvp written all over him and then what happened?
Paul of all the bigs available at the end of last season the 36ers end up with him starting
Dave not producing what was expected but he has never been that good
Darren I can not belive he is in the rotation yes he can shoot well that's what everyone says
Oscar a good young player and under a coach that can develop players would be better than he is now move on oscar to sydney and let your game grow
Jason he has had his opportunity he needed to move on a couple of years ago
Todd can you believe they took him to sydney training fodder at best

Development is the key watching the game tonight barlow has improved from last year has any of the young 6ers?

Reply #12338 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Thanks for the pointless and inaccurate comments about the vast majority of the Sixers players.

Maher...got that one correct.

Farly has never had a problenm producing in any building in the NBL. I don't worry about him playing on the road.

Dusty and 'the role' will do us just fine, thanks for that. You can keep Sanford and we will keep Dusty.

Jacob is young and improving. He is not in a great stretch offensivly at the moment, but he will get there. The rest of his game is solid.

Rees was our choice, not the one we 'ended up' with. Last night was the only game Paul Rees hasn't had an impact on this season for the Sixers.

Cooper IS producing what was expected. Rebounding and D. Not his best game last night, but like Rees, has had an impact most games for us.

Everyone says Darren can shoot because he can. He helps to spread the floor and is getting more aggressive. Some games he plays bigger minutes than others, depending on the match-ups. The Sixers hopes ain't pinned on Ng.

Forman is doing well. Still soft, but doing much better this season. He doesn't need to go to Sydney to become a good player.

Williams....no arguement here.

Todd? Who cares!

Reply #12340 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Thought this might of been a danger game and tipped Sydney accordingly.

Reply #12342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was in Sydney for work and went to the game, was shocked at the size (or lack there of) of the crowd. I think saying 2000 ppl there would have been pushing it, no real atmosphere at all.

This was the worst i've seen the sixers play this season by a long stretch....sixers had no flow to their offence, gave up way to many sloppy/lazy turnovers....no defensive intensity....cooper and williams played shockers (although williams drained a couple 3s in garbage time) holmes, ng, foreman had quite nights.

We cant rely on maher, farley, rhychart each game, need the supporting cast to play their part, hopefully this was an anomally as the sixers are capable of playing a whole lot better

Reply #12348 | Report this post

kingfan  
Years ago

(Mod : Kings forums may allow multiple posts (thats right, they cant even trust their fans to have a forum!!) But please dont post the same post twice on our forums. And by the way, Forman and Holmes have BOTH improved from last season. Enjoy your stay!!)

Reply #12405 | Report this post

Glenn  
Years ago

Just a correction for the mod, there is a forum for kings fan www.sydneykings.tk
As for Forman and Holmes from what I have see of Adelaide Holmes is really showing the potential, as for Forman probably fringe NBL IMHO
Cheers

Reply #12414 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hmm, the forum isnt on the OFFICIAL Kings site is it though...no?? Didnt think so :)

Reply #12419 | Report this post

Glenn  
Years ago

Hmmm is this on the 36'ers official site

Reply #12462 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

No....the mods point was though that the KIngs dont offer their fans a forum...the 36ers site does :)

Reply #12476 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:39 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754