trustme?
Years ago

Snipes, Swipes, Gripes and Sarcastic Tripe

Many of us have had a swipe at someone or a gripe and so on or at the very least we have raised an eyebrow or a snicker or a nod of agreement at a post. We may think it, agree with it but we don't always post it.
I for one have posted stuff and then thought ah crap, that didn't sound great.
As for the operators of this forum, I don't see that they need anymore work, it is the users' responsibility as we don't want the burden of having to have a fulltime 'hoops police' to be the death knock for Hoops SA as it is great to have a open forum where issues can be aired.

Yes at times the swiping and snotting may upset someone but is it because of what is said or how it is said? While freedom of speech is a great thing and let's be honest, some of the stuff that is written is probably some solid home truths, some is amusing and obviously TIC digs. So what is OK and what is snot?

Take away the nothappycoach, nothappyplayers, nothappywithotherclubs, nothappyboti, nothappyphil, nothappysupporter, nothappyparent type comments and what do we have left?
Question is why do people post? I don't know, maybe because they have tried to voice an opinion in the right channels only to be ignored or maybe they have seen things that can not be talked about in the right channels because the people (board, coaches, players etc) are too close to the issue to actually see it and don't want to know about it or maybe just plain stirrers?

IMO the majority of sniping, griping posts have some substance and background which rings true. Eg recent post re easter carnival.
Question, do users need to tidying up some of their posts before hitting the 'post' button, IMO sometimes yes.

Topic #11129 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I post because my job, although paying well, can get quite boring. This forum keeps me entertained. Personalities like Spadge and Booga are actually very entertaining.

nah dont tidy up your posts. I would suggest that all (especially youngsters) understand that 90% of the stuff that gets posted here is just crap, false, anonymous posts and to take the points with a grain of salt.

Reply #129657 | Report this post

trustme?  
Years ago

lol i agree and any vacancies at your workplace?

Reply #129658 | Report this post

Years ago

No, we have no vacancies here at the strip bar... sorry.

Reply #129664 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

So you work at a strip bar and your job gets boring?

Which float are you on this year?

Reply #129665 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I agree with (#129657)I also sit in front of a computer all day and check the site all the time. I think most of the posts are fine and agree with his comments re Booga & Spadge; Its entertainment & I personally get a laugh out of it, keep it legal and we shouldnt have a problem.

I for one am sick of people getting on here with the "this has been done to death" posts or "this subject came up 3 weeks ago"

Live and let live. Freedom of speech is great; but it does have it's draw backs. you either embrace it, or move to china!

Reply #129838 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Question - since when does Australia have "freedom of speech" in the sense that you guys are referring to it?

Reply #129846 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

Since you don't get mowed down in your front yard for voicing an opinion or taken away and beaten to a pulp?

Reply #129870 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

(#129846) Im not sure what kind of freedom of speach others are refering to, but the "freedom of speech" I am reffering to is the type where I can get on here and critisise government funded (partly or otherwise) organizations and not have a goon squad on my door step the next day, frog marching me into the court yard to put a bullet through my head.

I dont want to get all "star spangled banner" on you but you would have to agree that we have a certain amount of freedom of speach that some countries would love to have.

You dont agree?

Reply #129877 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the distinction is between:

"Organisation X could be run more efficiently if they did Y and Z."

and

"Organisation X is full of grubs pocketing money on the side."

Unfortunately, we tend to see both sorts of comments on here.

Reply #129883 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

anon, I agree!

Isaac, unfortunately the latter is far more prominent

Reply #129888 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754