Bulldog
Years ago

Poms recruiting: Deng, Gordon?

Great Britain is on a recruiting drive for its basketball team in preparation for the 2012 olympics, which it is hosting.

It will be the first time the have qualified since hosting the 1948 games.

Luol Deng has finally had his British citizenship approved and apparently he is trying to recruit Ben Gordon to play, who was born in London before moving to the states as a child.

Talk about a boost to the lineup.

Story here on Fiba.com

Topic #11137 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

John Amechi could play

Reply #129815 | Report this post

MILKY  
Years ago

I've heard about this.

Deng will play, but Gordon played junior basketball for the USA and has apparently said he considers himself as American - and his shooting ability means he may very well come into calculations for the US team...i definitely think he deserves an invite

Reply #129924 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

SVD, I'm not sure if his "teammates" will let him in the locker room

Reply #129933 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with a man cuddle between team mates

Just had a look on Basketball Reference with regards to bithplaces - UK haven't had many dudes play NBA. Matter of fact Australia has had more players in the NBA in the last 10 years than 13 US States

http://www.basketball-reference.com/bio/birthplace.html

Reply #129937 | Report this post

Years ago

John Amaechi has played for England before, and probably will again. With guys like Deng and Gordon, they might give Australia a decent contest.

Reply #129973 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754