South East
Years ago

Joe Ingles Signs with Ballarat Miners

Word out of Ballarat is that Ingles has followed Matt Shanahan to Ballarat for the rest of this season. Can anyone confirm this?

Topic #11144 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballarat need him. It stuffs Pioneers up who travel to Ballarat in a week.

Reply #129875 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Always thought he was a Gold Digger. :-)

Reply #129881 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Shanahan...."Joe, turns out I'm a completely crap coach. Reckon you can come and bail my arse out before the Dragons realise they've signed a complete moron as their new assistant?"

Reply #129893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't been announced yet but it's the word around the league.

Reply #129914 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Great for the leauge !!

Reply #129961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Heal was not gonna let Ingles play in the off-season in case he fell into bad habits.
Oh, thats right, Heals' boy Shanahan is struggling and it wouldn't look right for the Dragons star Assistant Coach signing to be the dogs arse in his first go around as coach would it?

Reply #129972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good for Joe. the miners are the most suceesful club in SEABL and are probably the best club in the history of australian basketball. past coaches include brian goorjan, alan westover, brendan joyce, ray borner.

Reply #130020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eric cooks

Reply #130022 | Report this post

SEABL Office  
Years ago

As of Friday 20th April, no registration form has been sent to the SEABL Office.
This rumour has been going around since round one !! Just like the rumour that Jacob Holmes was playing for Waverley in the Big V.
Joe has just returned to melbourne after training up at the AIS for the past two weeks.

Reply #130242 | Report this post

J-Holmes has been paid by Cowan to sit on his arse and do sweet f-all*.

By 'sit on his arse and do sweet f-all' i mean, NOT play a domestic comp where he could get injured, but just do workouts with Heal and the gang.

Reply #130249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal refused to let Jacob play in the off-season although Waverley were courting him.
He did not want him to fall into bad habits (e.g taking too many shots away from Heal!)

Reply #130258 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Hmm interesting decision re Holmes, i woulda thought a few games in the ABA where he can domminate would do him some good, has never hurt him when playing for the 36ers, will be interesting to see how it turns out for Jacob. I think next season will be interesting for him and the Dragons, as i would imagine Ingles will start SF, pushing Jacob to either a 6th man role or starting PF. I will be intersted to see how he goes, but the Dragons as a whole seem to have a pretty decent squad, id prob have them in my top 4 or 5 at this stage, there so should be exciting season for them.

Reply #130261 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754