Avanti
Years ago

Globetrotters v Argentina?

Apparently one of the Globetrotters was interviewed on local radio (KG & Cornsey maybe?) and said they have challenged Argentina's Olympic gold medal winning side to a game in the venue of their choice, and with a million bucks on the table!

Who would win? Do they have a game to go with the showtime?

Topic #1115 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Argentinia would thrash them.

But the money the globetrotters would make out of exposure, tickets, merchandise, television would cover the million dollars.

Reply #12395 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

The Trotters would cop an absolute flogging at the hands of a full strength Argentinian team. GT regularly play serious exhibition games against college sides as part of college pre-season, and while they usually win they sometimes don't. Now there's no way pre-season college kids are comparable to the reigning Olympic champs, I just can't see a 40 year old Cedric Cebalos competing agaist Manu and co.

Reply #12416 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Cedric Ceballos is a Globetrotter? Who else is in the side nowadays?

Reply #12490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just had a look on the GT website, no names I recognised, Cedric wasn't there either but I defintely saw him on TV last year when I was in Canada playing an exhibition game against a college side. There were a few other NBA names in there too but unfortuantely I can't remember them.

Reply #12566 | Report this post

whoa  
Years ago

trotters arent a bad team guys, look at their record against teams all over the world. not exactly a losing team, more of the opposite.

Reply #12608 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754