Drb
Years ago

Blaze sign Melmeth

Coach Joyce said, "Ben is now an experienced, quality big man in this league and will be a vital player to our team's success. He has great versatility to play inside and out. I am really excited to have Ben at the Blaze."

"Being a brand new franchise, there may be a certain expectation that the team will take a while to find its feet, but we are working toward signing a balanced team with youth and experienced players so the Blaze will be ready to prove the theory wrong," said Mr Joyce.

Topic #11158 | Report this topic

MILKY  
Years ago

i really like this bloke as a player, and he's a good bloke to boot (i knew him when he was playing with the kings - when i was still a fan)

solid pick-up - make him the skipper

can't really say the same for scott mcgregor - he's a waste of space

Reply #130092 | Report this post

why  
Years ago

Clearly you wern't the kings fan he had a swing at and got suspended for striking....

The guy has played at more clubs than cold chisel....
Once a club finds out what he is like they drop him... or he moves on... dead wood.

Reply #130097 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Newcastle Falcons 3yrs
Sydney Kings 3yrs
NZ Breakers 1yr
Hunter Pirates 2yrs
Singapore Slingers 1yr
Goldcoast Blaze 1yr (atleast)

Reply #130100 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Dunno - i reckon he's a decent pickup for a new club... and he is a decent bloke (or was around 10 years back) - i remember having a good chat with him about his "favorite" college coach Rick Majerus... A guy that has time for a drunken prat in a bar can't be half bad... Maybe they are trying to rebuild the '97 Junior Mens WC squad??? (and yes McGregor has fleeced them...)...

Reply #130119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha they could rebuild some of that 1997 an mann and frank drimic would be around for signing pepper and trahair still on free agents list also maybe dwight for a comeback

Reply #130124 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

What about Brad McKinnon??? What's he up to?

Reply #130125 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I too like Melmeths game. It seems like he's keen on signing with new franchises though. Superstition maybe?

Reply #130149 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754