Isaac
Years ago

Funny Southern Tigers vs Malaysia, Nov 14

The Southern Tigers ABL side will be hosting the Malaysian National Mens Basketball Team on Sunday 14th of November at 4pm (Game Start Time) at M/Vale Stadium.

Entry is by gold coin donation and it will be run similar to a regular season game with Bar / Sausage Sizzle and the usual after game feed and awards.

---

Other games:

Monday, 8th November
6:30pm Malaysia v Woodville Warriors (Dome)

Wednesday, 10th November
7:30pm Malaysia v Central Districts Lions (Starplex)

Friday, 12th November
7:30pm Malaysia v Eastern Mavericks (Adelaide Hills Rec Centre)

Saturday, 13th November
5:45pm Malaysia v Stamford Grand Academy (Dome)

Sunday, 14th November
4:00pm Malaysia v Southern Tigers (Morphett Vale)

Topic #1116 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Without knowing a thing about both sides, I would think that the Malaysian national team would thrash most ABL sides, am I right?

Reply #12364 | Report this post

Billy Hopkins  
Years ago

you da man Isaac, geez your flyer looks a whole lot better than mine for the stadium, thanks again

Reply #12365 | Report this post

billy connoly  
Years ago

gee - were really out to impress them - with our facilities - M V stadium - !!!

they probably have a few multi millionaire sponsors travelling with them. malaysian businessmen - they know their dough !

great flyer on the site

good to see any of this caper going on

perhaps this is the malaysian consortium that wanted the second adelaide nbl team based down south from a few years ago

Reply #12367 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

MW - I don't think the result really matters too much. The fact that they have an international team here and playing is great.

Hopefully the Tigers put in a good showing (is everyone playing?) and the Southern people get behind it and support their team. Would be good to get the 'Tiger Cage' packed & full of atmosphere.

Great value for a gold coin & the BBQ is always excellent & very reasonably priced!

Reply #12368 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I think it is great for the game and hope the Tigers win...Just curious as to the ability of the Malaysians. What is their standard of basketball like?

Reply #12370 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MW -- I think Darren Ng could feasibly make the Malaysian team, but I'm not sure. I've just heard that mentioned before.

I've just received an email from a Lions coach giving the other possible game dates (can anyone confirm?):

vs Woodville Monday 8/11
vs F/ville Tuesday 9/11
vs Centrals Wednesday 10/11
vs Sturt Thursday 11/11
vs ? Friday 12/11

vs Academy on the Saturday before the Sixers game (13th I guess).

Reply #12371 | Report this post

billy connoly  
Years ago

why not run our all star abl teams against them - ie north and south teams ??

puts a bit more prestige in being selected ???

Reply #12373 | Report this post

billy connoly  
Years ago

jodie barret's woodville u10s could give 'em a go - 990% this season so far !!!

Reply #12374 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Woodville are definites for the Monday. Also heard Centrals are locked in

Reply #12380 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just wanted to add that if any other clubs playing the Malaysian team want to list any public games they're playing, they're more than welcome to email them through, or start a topic about it.

Reply #12383 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Yeee HHaaaaa!!!!!

Bballs back at the Cage!!!!
Bout bloody time!
Looking forward to seeing my BOYZZZZ having a good thrash around!

Billy Ho.... I'm looking for a great win from you and the Fellas! Don't dissapoint me!

My Bag will be full of booze, and vocal cords in full chorus!

Reply #12392 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac for doing the artwork and getting the thread running for me - hopefully its a great Sunday for all!!

Come along peoples and get some of that Southern Hospitality + check out some good Hoops Action.

PS

J-Bags can you please shoot me an email/sms with your new email address please.

The Trade Winds will be blowing from the East on the 14th for sure!!

Reply #12393 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

LOL re: the trade winds. There are few who would understand that in its full complexity. Nice one TommyJr.

I have to take issue with the moronic posts of billy connoly.

All star games are great for individuals to show their skills and have a bit of fun, but they are in no way suitable for this sort of spectacle. The Malasyian team wants to play against a team who has something to play for, unlike the All Star teams. At least then they can be assured that the other team is likely to play honest D.

GET OFF YOUR 3 WHEELER HARLEY DAVIDSON AND GET ON THE BAND WAGON SIR!

Reply #12396 | Report this post

Billy Ho  
Years ago

here here Raab Himself

Reply #12397 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Years ago I spoke to Ron Nunnerley who played in Malaysia with Butch Hays for for a few years then Willie Simmonds and the coach was Don Shipway. The New Zealand coach was also coaching and another caoch was Bryan Lester assistant to Dunlap. Ron said they had very poor fundamentals were small and shot loads of 3 pointers and couldn't defend at all. At that time he said South's team Davis, Wheeler, Ninnis, Kubank etc would beat them like a drum. They would have to have improved 1000 per cent to compete with Victorian or South Australian CBA teams. Ng would not only make their national team he would be the star by a street.

Reply #12398 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Didnt Dusty play with the Malaysian National team during the off season?

Reply #12399 | Report this post

I looked them up on the net. Their biggest centres are 195 cms! MOst of them are real small.

Reply #12418 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Tommy JR, as I am unaware of whom you are. I will need a bit of a prompt as to forward you this highly valuable and prized information. I could log it on this site, but I am afraid that the masses would swarm me and I would be beating the ladies off with my #ick!

Bag it up before you stick it in!
(non-sexual conitation) for those who believe it!

Reply #12431 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

Oh cmon bags dont you remember that weekend we spent together in Melbourne - you wore a toga, I drank shots of Tabasco sauce and we made sweet sweet music together.

Speaking of music - thats your clue you clueless fool.

"Sorry sir you seem to have forgot your bags"

DJ TommyJR

Reply #12435 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

ROFL!
I was there too bags!
Looking for my contact lens, putting ice in my jocks and getting ejected unfairly from licensed premises.

My Bags were on ice that night!

Reply #12442 | Report this post

Years ago

oh the boys are in fine form....another melbourne trecker here....3rd prize overall was me...get the party started!

Reply #12455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didn't J Bags hang with Harry and sleep at the crown all day long, all talk, hopefully he will bring a full bag Sun week

Reply #12475 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Isaac, if you want to start a separate thread, but my mail has it that the Warriors' game on Monday night will be the final appearance for certain Warrior players. Should be worth a visit just to see them retire ..... gracefully we hope!

Reply #12491 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Alright children! I did have a slightly wild time in Melbourne! Slept during the day ONCE cos the boozing for 5 continuous days had its effects!
I think I put up some good numbers and should have taken home afew more points for walking into the crown in a NAppy!!!!!!! Who the hell was running that show anyway???!!!!

Bags I thought I saw you walking through the food court gimpping! Do you have terrets?

Reply #12522 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Monday, 8th November
6:30pm Malaysia v Woodville Warriors (Dome)

Wednesday, 10th November
7:30pm Malaysia v Central Districts Lions (Starplex)

Friday, 12th November
7:30pm Malaysia v Eastern Mavericks (Adelaide Hills Rec Centre)

Saturday, 13th November
5:45pm Malaysia v Stamford Grand Academy (Dome)

Sunday, 14th November
4:00pm Malaysia v Southern Tigers (Morphett Vale)

Reply #12588 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

heard it will be mr triple doubles last game for woodville.(RV)

Reply #12612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also heard it will be ingles last game for the tigers...for now anyway! so be there...4pm sun

Reply #12919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any more games for the Malays?

Reply #13436 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754