More AFL!
Years ago

Crows v Swans, whats your tip??

Who do you think will win this one?

Topic #11182 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

Sydney. Adelaide have too many injuries.

Reply #130328 | Report this post

Years ago

Go the CROWS!!!!

Reply #130333 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I tipped Adelaide is Rutten definitely going to play?

Reply #130334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know the Port result?

Reply #130338 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

crows under 39.5pts , B.hall most goals

Reply #130339 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

theres apparently only 286 tickets not sold, crowd prediction of 40,100 regardless of the amount of tickets sold

Reply #130340 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Port beat Collingwood.

Until the last 6 minutes if the 4th quarter it was 1pt between them.

Reply #130342 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

and more importantly, The Bombers won by 5 goals today. :-)

Crows by 19.

Reply #130349 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why is everyone convinced that the Crows will win? Sydney are a quality side while Adelaide are decimated by injury and, realistically, might have lost to Port had the Power been more accurate.

I may come to regret it, but I tipped the Swans.

Reply #130353 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I hope the crows win, but they won't.

Rutten IS playing which is good.

Sydney will be hard to stop and an average of 15 games between the team is just not enough experience and that is why i tipped the Swans.

History says that the Crows will win because Sydney have not won for six years in Adelaide against the Crows but i'm tipping the other way.

Reply #130355 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

It's live on 10 isn't it?

Reply #130356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turn your tv and find out yourself

Reply #130358 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Crows look the better team atm but cant break away on the scoreboard.

Reply #130359 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Crows G 5 B 5 35
Swans G 1 B 6 12
HALFTIME

Reply #130361 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Crows G 6 B 5 41
Swans G 1 B 6 12
HALFTIME

Reply #130362 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I'll put it out there. Sydney will comeback and win.

Reply #130365 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

You were wrong

Reply #130366 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

And i'm bloody happy about it!

Welldone Crows!!!

Not top 8 material Port Supporters???????????????????

Sydney
Bulldogs
Power

now for Freo...

Reply #130367 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

17 points. Only 2 points off, woohoo.

Got the bloody roos worng though.

Reply #130368 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

How good was the crows win, and the fact 123abc was wrong, again. A perfect day.

Reply #130370 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

they ARE top 8 material..but they had better win the premiership this year..or else...will be a 10 year wait till next chance...PORT on the other hand...will make finals this year..and win in the next 3 :)

Reply #130372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd was 43700 for a Crows home game. Port home game last week 36k+. Port will want to win in the next 3 as they might not be around much longer than that if that is all the support they can muster!

Reply #130379 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Crows have the most members in the AFL. Adelaide has alot of support which is good!

Go Crows!!!

Reply #130388 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It was the Crows followers showing their lack of support last week at the showdown.

The majority of the Port members were there. Yet the Crows fans were full of excuses.

* Its on a Saturday Afternoon
* We have to pay for a ticket
* We are scared of Port Supporters

Do you think when Collingwood have a home game against Richmond the tigers fan dont bother to go?

Too many of the Crows Members are their for the status, have a complete lack of knowledge on the game and constantly are a laughing stock to the rest of the league.

It doesnt matter whether they are wining or losing, 10 minutes to go at any game and the crowd is streaming out the gates.

The Crows constantly boast that they have 50,000 members. Yet they also constantly let the club down.
Qualifying Final last year against Fremantle. I went along in the hope of seeing a good game of football. I think there were 10,000 empty seats at AAMI. The excuses were flowing then as well. "Its on a Saturday Afternoon, We have our own sporting commitments on Saturdays" Yet the Crows had their biggest TV Ratings for the year to date. Obviously a lot of people seating on their couches at home.

Bet ya at the next showdown there are thousands for Port fans than the ammount of crows fan that showed up last week. Because (as much as I hate Port) the know their football and support their team more than just about any other team in the league.

Reply #130389 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

They leave early so that they beat the traffic skip.

Most Crows supporters probably watched the match Live on Tv like me.

Port supporters aren't always that educated.

When Opposing team has the ball

* "HOLDING THE BALL!" "Get some glasses umpire!"

When Port has the ball

* "HOLDING ON!" "F@$%ing call it umpire!"

Reply #130391 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

You are an idiot abc123, that 'joke' is old and anybody who brings it up is the person who in not educated.

ps i am a crows supporter

Reply #130392 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Bullsh*t D16.

"How good was the crows win, and the fact 123abc was wrong, again. A perfect day."

That is a really stupid thing to say.

Reply #130397 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Careful Skip - well thought out and accurate comments such as your last post will get you attacked from all angles by the same Crows members/supporters you make mention of!

123abc - the more you post the more obvious it is who is uneducated......keep up the great work!

Reply #130399 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Wow, what a suprise. A thread about the Crows and Sydney gets turned into to a stupid argument about which Adelaide club has the best supporters....

BTW, it's great to see McLeod in such great form this year, hopefully he can keep it up. Like Mark Bickley said this morning, he's probably got 9 Brownlow votes already.

Reply #130401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D16 - your lack of credible argument and continued attack at abc123 shows your lack of knowledge, insight and credibility!! If Port supporters are so supportive of their team why didnt they get a sell out for the showdown?? Why are they relying on the Crows supporters to fill the stadium for the game, why should the Crows supporters support their rival club financially.......looks like you are the moron here!!

Reply #130406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

skip, everything you said just then was total crap.

Reply #130413 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

130406, Port Power has a supporter base of approximately 34-36 thousand people, which means that at the last showdown most of their season ticket holders were at the game. If they have had all their supporters at the game, the power would need to top up the crowd by attracting either football supporters or crows supporters. Both clubs have made it clear over the past week they needed to do more to attract fans to the game, the crows and power's point of view is that the lack of crowd numbers did little to harm the power financially, but did harm the marketing credibility of both clubs. It is the only game of the year where both SA clubs play each other AND a large amount of tickets are able to be bought. (Less power supporters means more normal tickets, or whatever the general population can buy.)

In reference to my second post i am simply saying there is no need to degrade supporters of other clubs.

As for my 'lack of knowledge, insight and credibility' you have obviously put no thought into your previous post as you have ill formally backed up your argument and have conveniently posted as Anonymous.

This is a basketball forum so why not keep it as that.

Reply #130414 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

130413 - How so?

Reply #130417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They didn't sell 200 tickets, so what? The Crows put up the sell out sign and then have 11000 not show! Thats the problem with Crows supporters they jump on the band wagon when winning then are the first to make excuses why they didn't win. I can see it now, we are so good blah blah blah, then when you lose the Premliminary final, you will say we had so many players injured thats why we couldn't win it. Your the only club thats boasts you are the only club for one state and can not handle a club that has history and tradition. Every team in the AFL is club within a state, but yours is "the club for all South Australians"
It is not about Port relying on Crows to fill the stadium, the category 1 holders that do not show up is something out of Ports control. As mentioned earlier, 50 000 members should equate to a sell out each week but you are consistantly not getting the numbers. Perhaps skip saying the cat 1 members are there for 'status' is right. What I would find interesting is if all the catogary 1 members tickets were re released whether this would affect both crowds numbers? Am i right to say that these were all released prior to the Crows entering the AFL? Would be interesting to see with a two Club town what the split would be. i am sure the Crows would still end up top but the ratio of homes games would surely be different?

Obviously I am a Port supporter but I also just love a good game of footy. Thought the game against Collingwood was a good old fashion slug out and the quality of the Crows game was also great. Imagine a Port/Crows Grand Final? Still very early, but imagine the hype and also the talk on the this forum!

Reply #130418 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

D16 you continuous attacks on me isn't needed and is stupid. The bad thing about forums on the internet is that anyone can abuse other people for no reason. The civlised people wouldn't go around attacking people for no reason whatso ever. On the internet people should repect one another and insults should not be dispenced out of anger or disagreement. Grow up D16, type exactly the same as what you would say to me face to face.

The reason why Adelaide don't have 8-11,000 people a game when the stadium is soldout is because not all members can go to every match. It is hard to organise to give you tickets to someone else because they have to give it back to you after.

If they were to come up with a way to print out a ticket for a single game out of the season ticket and give it someone else when you cannot go then 50,000 would turn up to every game.

You wouldn't have to lend your season ticket and worry about getting it back by the next home game that way. A bigger stadium would be great for the Adelaide Crows because they could easily get 60,000 people a game.

Saying that Crows supporters don't support their team as well as Port supporters do is stupid Skip. There would be a lot of Crows supporters who turn up to every game and support while Port supporters will leave games early and won't come if they are losing and vice-versa.

Not everyone is the same so don't make a statement about 100,000 crows supporters when you are only talking about a few thousand.

Reply #130420 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Every team in the AFL is club within a state, but yours is "the club for all South Australians"

That's okay because Adelaide Crows includes "Adelaide" The main city in South Australia. "Port" Adelaide is a small area. Remember the Crows were for seven years "The club for all South Australians"

Reply #130421 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

123abc

I am not going to bother arguing with you when you continue to make stupid statements with no substance to back them up.

Reply #130424 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Well said skip but i will say one thing to abc, What right do you have to say that Power supporters leave early or do not turn up, how would you know, you don't even go to games!! 60 000 person stadium? you just said that not everyone can attend at the moment but then say the Crows can fill 60 000 stadium!! There is no logic in your argument. I am with skip, would like to have a debate with someone who has actual facts not useless statements.

Reply #130426 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

FFS!

Skip i am telling you not to stereo type on all Crows supporters. You cannot say that ALL Crows supporters don't support their team asmuch as ALL Power supporters. Some Port supporters are more loyal than Crows supporters and VICE-VERA

What kind of substance do i need for you Skip ????

In the Know, you have totally misunderstood my post! I have seen Power supporters leave before the game is finished but i wasn't referring to that! If you didn't understand my post than surely now you get what i mean!

"The reason why Adelaide don't have 8-11,000 people a game when the stadium is soldout is because not all members can go to every match."

What don't you get there?

People are rejected from the gates due to sell outs, people can't even book days before the game because it is usually sold out. Not all members can go! People can't buy the members tickets at the gate! How do you not get this?

If the people being rejected can go and than Adeide could infact fill an 80,000 seat stadium with 60,000 going and 8-11,000 members not going.

Right now, the problem with lack of people there are with the Adelaide Crows members. All other tickets are sold out. So nobody can buy tickets because it is soldout. If the members sold there tickets back to the Crows for the one match (if unavailable to go) then the Crows get a bigger crowd and the member get's his/her money back from that game.

Do you get it now????

As you can see i am not debating anything! I am telling Skip not to judge a all supporters by a few people and i am stating that the problem with the turnouts to Crows home games are the members who don't turn up.

Simple as that!

Reply #130434 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Apologies for the bad spelling and grammar.

Reply #130435 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

hehehehehe - I did warn you skip!

Keep posting 123abc - your arguments while being quite ridiculous - are at the very least highly ammusing

Reply #130436 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I find it amusing that you say the Crows could fill a stadium with say 60 000 people because there are 20 000 people wanting to go to the games. Why then do the games not sell out within the hour if tickets are so hot. What you are saying is that the mighty Crows would get higher crowd numbers than say the big Melbourne clubs in a city approximately a 3rd the size of Victoria?

Reply #130437 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Of course I am not saying every single supporter you little twit.

But, more than any other team, the crows have a larger percentage of bandwagoners than anyone else.

First to leave the game win or lose.
First to come up with any excuse they possibly can when they lose.
First to jump off their team at the first sign of trouble.

If they are such great supporters how come only 15% of the crows members bothered to go and see them last week at the Showdown?

80,000!!! There were still seats available yesterday at the gate? So I dont know where you are pulling this 80,000 from. Perhaps if both Port and Adelaide met in a Prelim final you might get 60,000 with the help of all the Port fans.

BTW, When did you last go and see them 123abc?

Reply #130439 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I would think he last saw them on TV yesterday as he does evry week!

Reply #130440 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

now that we know 123abc is sixers33 you see it in the moronic arguments he puts forward, its like a kid trying to justify not stealing the cookie whilst the hand is in the jar

Reply #130444 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

What's your damn problem with me than Skip, In The Know???

I said not too judge all supporters by a few.

I said that Crows have alot of people who can't go to games.

What else do you want from me?

Thomo, people judge, i don't care but civilised people will not judge on previous stupidity.

Reply #130448 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

previous stupidity is being out done by current stupidity

Reply #130451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon adelaide

Reply #130453 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

bullsh*t thommo.

I'm finished you.

Reply #130455 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Can you please be finished with me too!!??

Reply #130456 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

i thought i was a while ago

Reply #130458 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

im finished you, wtf does that mean

are you that numa numa kid floating around on you tube ??

Reply #130460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHO CARES ABOUT THE CROWS! GO PORT!!!!!!!!

Reply #130465 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"are you that numa numa kid floating around on you tube ??"

???

"im finished you, wtf does that mean"

Stop being an arse, i am finished with you bashing me.

Reply #130474 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

hehe, obviously not tho. :-)

Reply #130480 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

First to leave the game win or lose.
First to come up with any excuse they possibly can when they lose.
First to jump off their team at the first sign of trouble.
I see that you've done an official survey? Haha.

Reply #130495 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Absolutely.

and I'd like to thank the fantastic hard working folk at AC Neilson.

Reply #130506 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

anon 130465
STUFF PORT. GO THE CROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #130585 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754