SVD
Years ago

R&B Star Chris Brown played at MARS

Last night I went and played a game at Mars. When I rocked up there was a game on with about 10 minutes left.

I said to my teammates who were already there "Any good". They said "yeah ... this #20 is alright"

Look out there was a little African American bloke, the tatts, the swagger, talking all sorts of trash. And he looked familar.

Look over at the bench - massive body guard looking bloke (blinged up to the nines).

"Who is this guy?" I ask.

Turns out it was R&B star Chris Brown - had a massive hit a few years back - was at no 1 for 6 weeks. He is playing in town tonight.

He rang Leo at Mars and said he wanted to come down and play. A team was short so he filled in.

He had game - was not unbelievable but he was good.

Things got werider when 2 teamamtes (the team he was on) started fighting with each other and the game got called off.

He stayed around and chatted with people, signed autographs, took photos - seemed pretty cool.

Thought I would share.

Topic #11213 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great story SVD! That is awesome!

BTW: Any womens team slotting Beyonce in?

Reply #130626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Brown_(singer)

Reply #130627 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Yeah, good story. If you were playing against him, you'd be a little hesitant to commit the hard foul for fear of what his body guard might do to you!

And I hope he at least covered the team fee for the game!!

Reply #130631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is singing with Beyonce at the entertainment centre tonight. His song "Run it" which was nominated for a Grammy.

He is basically bordering on super star status.

Find it a bit hard to believe he rocked up at MARS but awesome if he did.

Reply #130637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His music is atrocious.

Reply #130640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LEO is a legend!!!!

Reply #130641 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I'm not lying about this Anon 637 - I have better things to do than just make up rubbish about some guy who I barely have heard of - he was there dude, playing ball.

If you know Leo - he will confirm it.

Reply #130642 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If Ben Fitz can make time to show up to MARS, then Chris Brown can too.

Reply #130643 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Is he as good as Craig David???

Reply #130644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig David doesnt play basketball duh!!!! He coaches the CROWS!!!!!!!

Reply #130645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if Chris Brown was playing then, i guess in time outs he was trying to get the team to run a few offensive plays...

"Let me see if you can run it, run it..."

Reply #130649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(slap) (slap) - get out

Reply #130655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

like who the hell is he anyway. initial post couldnt even name the hit song he had.

Reply #130665 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

I bet R Kelly would wipe up the floor with him (literally)... Knowing what we know about his habits...

Reply #130675 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Yeah sorry Anon 665 that I was not au fait with Chris' back catolouge of work especially considering I like a different brand of music vastly removed from R&B - I believe I did point out that I did not know him.

It can be said that we "don't know who the hell you are" - oh the irony!

he is supporting Beyonce mate so pretty sure that he hella famous in the world of Hip-Hop/R&B - I was merely pointing out that it was odd to have an international music star playing at one of our little stadiums and the product we put forth is 2 teammates fighting with each other & also that he is a top bloke.

Next time anon 665 a multi mullion record selling recoding artist comes and plays at a gym I am at I will certainly make sure to sight every song that a particlar multi mullion record selling recoding artist has ever recorded and sold.

The wiki link is there ... use it

Reply #130681 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

One night I saw Bob Geldof & the Dometown rats play on court 1

Reply #130682 | Report this post

RB  
Years ago

Chris Brown is pretty much a mega star. He is only 19 so he will only get bigger!

Reply #130684 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

so he could rock up to mars and play some ball, but couldnt go to the beyonce after party where people where waiting to see him at?

Reply #130875 | Report this post

silly  
Years ago

Chris Brown was beyonce's supporting act last night at the entertainment centre! i was there in the second row so literally 3 meters maximum away from him. He is an amazing dancing and r&b singer. Listen to his music you will know- he is even better live and up close. Oh and by the way he is 17, 18 in may as he stated at the concert last night.

Reply #130877 | Report this post

i'm funny  
Years ago

don't worry ricey he wasn't there to see you

Reply #130878 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Weren`t Kriss Kross "pretty much mega star(s)" once???

Reply #130941 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Yeah but Daddy Mac would make you jump ... jump!

Reply #130945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Leo and I wouldn't give him the time of day.........
I heard he got thrown out of the stadium the other night from a game. He is suppose to be a worker there and he carries on like a wanker ! Not a good example...
He also walks around in a game like his deodorant under his arms are killing him !

Reply #131366 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754