DICKO
Years ago

Newley and Dench definitely 36ers

Adelaide have signed both Newley and Dench.

It's a tough stretch to think that Newley will even play NBL, but if he does it will definitely be in Adelaide colours.

Credit to the people who posted this before me. But hopefully witha bit of credibility behind me, people will now believe.

Topic #11247 | Report this topic

Good news, hopefully Brad Newley can get drafted (as that will benefit Australian basketball and give the NBL a little bit more credibility) but if he doesn't the 36ers now have a very important piece of the rebuilding puzzle.

A part of me wants him to get drafted and now a part of me wants him to be completely ignored by the NBA, is that wrong.

Reply #131016 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

What's your source on this Dicko?

Reply #131017 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Does it matter?

Reply #131018 | Report this post

Years ago

DICKO where did you get this from? Source?

Reply #131019 | Report this post

Years ago

yeh it does!

Reply #131021 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Oh for god's sake you guys.

Check out my history, I post facts.

I won't quote my source, but then I don't post garbage either.

Reply #131022 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

It sure does. I could come to this site and post whatever I like without anything to back it up.

Reply #131024 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I apologise....Obviously I have overstated my credibility.

Trust me....it's done.

Reply #131025 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I trust ya Dicko, you have definelty been spot on 99% of the time in the past.

But still wont be 100% sure until I see a press release.

Reply #131027 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I just hope you're right. More so Newley than Dench. And that's hoping that Newley actually plays in the NBL next season.

Reply #131028 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Dicko hasn't failed before and I've probably interacted with him on forums for the past 5 years, maybe even longer.

Great news all though still a real long shot to see him in Sixers colours. Thanks for the info - once again Dicko.

Reply #131029 | Report this post

Unlike some knob head's who post tripe about any old subject, DICKO has credibility.

Didn't Dicko tell us about the Ballenger signing a few weeks before it happened and also about Ninnis getting the shaft by Heal

I have no reason to stand up for him, but he tells the truth.

Reply #131030 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Guys, Listened to Dicko. I don't know where he comes from or who he knows. All I do know is that he hits this site with the news before it's even released and he's on the money 99% of the time as Skip says.

Great news on both signings IMO. Should help boost season ticket sales.

Go Sixers!

Reply #131033 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

guys Dicko, isaac and a few others never let ya down, if they say it u can trust its true, i dont think either has said someone has signed or anything like that without it being true, i trust ya Dicko, well done to the 36ers!!

Reply #131034 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

This is has made my day - yay Brad Newley! Hope he can take us back to the halcyon days of Mee, Rose and the like. He and Maher will be a force

Reply #131036 | Report this post

Years ago

Yeh, DICKO has been pretty realible but I agree i wont believe fully till i see a press release, but i really hope DICKO is right... again

Reply #131037 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You guys that ask for sources are classic.

Reply #131039 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Do you have a source on that Isaac?

Reply #131040 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

SVD - How many championships did we win with Rose??

Reply #131041 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

DICKO ,cheers and good news .

Would be fair to say the Tigers put up a damn good fight .

The only time i questioned u was very early on when i said Brad was deciding between sixers and tigers and then u stated that the tiges were not in the race.

To all that ask for credibility from DICKO i think accuracy in reporting and track record , results in gaining credibilty .

Reply #131042 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Question should be how many playoffs did we miss?

Reply #131043 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea, come on guys, find something DICKO has said recently, such as a player signing that hasnt been true?? i dont remember seeing it, infact as soon as i saw the post and it had DICKOs name to it i believed it instantly because of that, who cares who his source is he has some credibility behind him so lets trust him.
Anyways its a great signing and i think Maher-Newley would make one of the best and most exciting backourts in the league, i wouldnt mind them even playing Newley at SF, Maher at SG and a import PG, its an exciting time ahead, especially if Newley suits up, and Dench is also a good pick up, him and Cooper gives us probably the best centre rotation we hav had under Smyth! i hope we sign a import SF or PG depending on what possie they want Maher to play (PG or SG) and a guy like Simon Conn to be a back up PF, and id say we have a serious contender!!

Reply #131044 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dicko is one guy on this site that doesn't need a source to post stuff like this... he's legit.

Reply #131047 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Looks like the whole community has backed you up Dicko. I retract my inital reply to your post.

Reply #131048 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Maher's assists to go up this year as long as Newley gets a singlet on.

Reply #131049 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Oh YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #131052 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

This is fantastic news and I'm pumped. Last season we were lamenting the Sixers signing whoever was left over after the other teams signed all the big names.

This year we've signed Davidson, Ballinger, Newley and Dench - all good signings for our club in my opinion. Now this is how our off season should be. What's different to last season? Mal's at the helm.

Three cheers for Mal Hemmerling!

Hip hip....

Reply #131054 | Report this post

liverpoolfc  
Years ago

dont think it is a done deal for the sixers

Reply #131056 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

SO for all you smart people who know how the points work? I presumme we still have more than 10 up our sleeve with possibly only 1 more signing to go?

Reply #131057 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

While this is great news, I don't think we should get too excited about it until after the draft.

Reply #131058 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brockman - will lose some time at the point to Davidson so that would balance it out.

Still, best of luck to Brad with his NBA/Europe plans even if success does mean difficulties for the 36ers.

Edit: Skip -

Maher 5/Davidson 6/Sutton 1
Newley 9/Ng 5
Import 10/Copeland 6
Ballinger 10/?
Cooper 7/Dench 7

Total: 66

Could still sign a back-up PF and run Sutton as 11th man, but would need them to be a 2.

Reply #131059 | Report this post

wheres the source

Reply #131060 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'd be interested in seeing (which I never will) about his 'out clauses' and what stage he can use those clauses.

As Fitz stated earlier, is there any way where a contract in principle can be signed between the parties in case Newley does make the NBA but gets cut and/or wants to return to play in the NBL.

Reply #131063 | Report this post

ELG - in the fridge like it should be

Reply #131064 | Report this post

bester  
Years ago

Isaac have you heard anything on Newley signing with Sixers.

Reply #131065 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Dicko.....can u tell me what the hell is going on with the Wildcats....lol

Reply #131069 | Report this post

Cat 61  
Years ago

131039 - why is that?

Reply #131074 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

my question is this, with his apparent signature how do we continue the singing of other players. Do they assume he is going to play or do look at other to fill the void if he goes, also does he have a cut off when he commits to a path? draft workouts or vet camp?

Reply #131080 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

Simply DICKO does not BS his info is spot on and i wouldnt go as far as taking it as gospel, but it would be more factual then coming out of the commishes mouth

Reply #131081 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

131039 was me - my name was on the post. If you're really still wondering about the source thing, consider this - X tells Dicko. If Dicko says "X told me", X will stop feeding him information. So, asking Dicko to give his source is ridiculous.

Reply #131083 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

DICKO was right on Ballinger...

Reply #131084 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

u only need to swing past the other hoops forum and see his credability

Reply #131085 | Report this post

Years ago

like? ozhoopboards is no help they havent put anything new on for ages last time i cheked, what are the other forums?

Reply #131087 | Report this post

Years ago

at least nothing interesting

Reply #131088 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't bother with the OzHoops front page - it's usually just links to news articles that mention "NBL" (probably using a Google news alert) - I haven't visited that page for a long time.

You want to get on the OzHoops Boards.

Reply #131089 | Report this post

Years ago

yeh thats the site i was going on, but there is not much new ever put on, but i was say this is the best site of them all, thanks who ever made this, was it u isaac?

Reply #131090 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

all i was saying 51 is read dicko post and the response after them his info is Highly respected,

Reply #131091 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Assuming that Newley has signed with the 36ers, where does it leave the club as far as filling their roster. Do they consider the signing of Newley as a position having been filled or do they still look at someone else on the off chance that he decides to accept an offer in the NBA? Does anyone have a time frame as to when a decision would be made regarding the NBA draft? Would it leave the 36ers enough time to replace him? Who would they replace him with? Sorry, but I don't share everyones enthusiasm about this signing because it would be a signing made with invisible ink.

Reply #131093 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

that is exactly what i was asking EC, i wonder how they treat this situation. That said i would rather have his signature and loose out than see him in anther teams uniform should he not make it.

Reply #131097 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21626955-12428,00.html

Reply #131102 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

MMM announced in the 9am news that the club would be holding a press conference soon. Didn't actually indicate an exact time.

Reply #131121 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

DICKO...credible????

hahahahah!!!1111LOL!!!!

ok..ok..just messin with ya.

Dicko has sources, we all know that over at Ozhoops, so if he has heard it via his various channels, its a pretty good chance its the real deal.

Reply #131132 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The press conference was at 9:30.

EC, if Newley goes overseas, they shift Davidson into the starting line-up, Maher to shooting guard and hope Ballinger naturalises quickly.

Reply #131134 | Report this post

Years ago

so is newley going to play SF or SG?

PG: brett maher/davidson/sutton
SG: Brad Newley/ng
SF: Does Newley play here or will they go for an import?
PF:Ballinger
C:Cooper/Dench

Reply #131136 | Report this post

Years ago

does anyone know what happend at the press?

Reply #131137 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They announced something.

Reply #131140 | Report this post

Years ago

whaaaaat? is he signed, will we see it all over hoops soon, will we see it on nbl?

Reply #131141 | Report this post

Years ago

we all know that u know something isaac

Reply #131142 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

MMM said he has signed for 3 years. That's the only details they gave.

Reply #131144 | Report this post

Years ago

was it on tv? where did u find this out? so he is signed?

Reply #131146 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have a look at www.adelaide36ers.com - of course he's signed, everyone's been telling you for the last 48 hours!

Reply #131147 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Beat me to it Isaac

Here's the link to details about the signing

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/36ers/media/news/243/

Reply #131149 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

No word on Dench though....

Reply #131159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you would think this signing would help sway dench a little if he is happy with everything else he is being offered.

Reply #131164 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Dench will happen

Reply #131178 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Thanks Dicko, Legend

Reply #131201 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:17 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754