Isaac
Years ago

Cairns sign Black for two (confirmed)

Long rumoured, never doubted, finally confirmed - Stephen Black will be joining his father Alan in Cairns, signing a two year deal with the Taipans with a two year option.

Gives the Snakes a pretty menacing line-up:

Mee/Cook (not confirmed?)
Black/Boodnikoff
Tucker (rumoured)/Grabau
Cattalini/Jawai
Abney/Smith

Should make for a tough backcourt - Mee is known for his defense, Grabau also, and Black is a bit underrated on the defensive end sometimes I think - is quick and pesky on the ball at least.

Topic #11251 | Report this topic

cLaRkY  
Years ago

This gives Cairns a pretty deadly lineup, hope to see them make the grand final series.....

against the Sixers of course!!! (LOL)

Reply #131073 | Report this post

astor  
Years ago

just wondering isaac, where do u get all your information

Reply #131077 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4956

Reply #131078 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I read OzHoops and here and generally know which authors are credible, who they might know and talk to, and remember which topics they're likely to be reliable with (e.g., a few new posters have solid info: Paul, dry back, etc). I also talk to people from various clubs.

This example (Black to Cairns) has been obvious for weeks and weeks and was posted openly on OzHoops by Cairns' photographer Gordon G at around the same time as the press release went up on the NBL site. Nothing exceptional there.

A better example is Gold Coast's import getting named on here a fair while back (if you knew who to read).

Reply #131086 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754