Crystalcruiser
Years ago

Team Managers / Manageress's

Just a thought!
Coaches are rewarded by BASA for their efforts, by being given free admission to the stadium for the game they are involved with!
Should this courtesy also be extended to the team Managers/Manageress?
After all they also are volunteers doing a wonderful job,who are normally a parent of a child playing in the team!
They pay their money each week as a spectator hoping to enjoy the game and watch their child participate,but unfortunately with the role they have taken on quite often the duties they perform impede them from doing so!
Without meaning to go over the top
Should this invitation also be extended to parents who score?

Topic #1127 | Report this topic

all for one  
Years ago

yes - a good manager is the workhorse - and scorebench personell should have freebees

but whilst they are happy to part with their money at the door - basa will take it

Reply #12553 | Report this post

baggy  
Years ago

Just wanted to take this on a lsightly different tangent. First I agree Team Managers and/or Manageresses should get free admission, BUT why don't coaches get free admission to any BASA junior game. For example if I coach under 14 div 2's, why can't I see the Under 14 Div 1's without having to pay ?? Chances are I am involved with lots of those kids at training every week. And if Div 2 really is a devlopment ground for Div 1, then coaches (of the 2's) should be able to sit on the bench of the 1's and "listen in" for free. Coaches donate huge amounts of their time to developing kids for all the right reasons, surely BASA could recognise this by way of a "gold pass" to junior games ?

Reply #12683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All for One you are right BASA will take, take,take, Jirachi I don't know where you get that Idea that BASA wouldn't make spectators pay unless they needed too. BASA is a money eating machine

Reply #12692 | Report this post

Crystalcruiser  
Years ago

I agree with you Baggy, I'm in the same situation where I coach a Div but then I like to go and watch as many games as possible in the same age group for various reasons,looking at players for promotion/demotion and to assist some of the junior coaches.
Also I like to get to the age group below to see what players will be coming up and the one above to see how the ones I was involved with are going.
It also gives you a chance to see different coaching styles and ideas.
To eliviate the problem on the wallet I've purchased a transfer pass,buy a ticket Friday night then get all the venues I wish to visit on the Saturday listed to use with the pass!
It's a shame that people abused the passes Jirachi mentioned because it would save a lot of mucking around!

Reply #12696 | Report this post

Jeremy Combe  
Years ago

Spot on baggy, current junior coaches should not have to pay to watch any Junior basketball game. An ID card with a photo and signature is the simple solution to the abuse Jirachi speaks of. It would be a small gesture of appreciation by BASA for the hours coaches volunteer to help our Juniors

Reply #12697 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Indeed - I don't think it's fair on the coaches to have to pay to see any junior basketball. Consider that without the coaches, the kids wouldn't even have teams to play in! Especially as I notice that the spectator fee is $3.50 now.

Agree with Jeremy, an ID card is an easy solution. Even if a coach pays a nominal fee of say $10 to cover the cost of producing the card, and it allows access to any junior game, at any time. If I were coaching somewhere on a particular night, I would hesitate to drive to another venue and cough up $3.50 to see another game. Surely getting more coaches to games (IE - div 2 coaches to go see div 1 games, and vice versa, and so on down the chain) can only be a good thing.

With regards to managers & scorers, as Jirachi said, if BASA weren't almost broke as it is, perhaps it'd be feasible to get them free entry. Unfortunately every $3.50 counts, and in the end, they're still mostly parents of kids in the team. I think the entry fee should be lower (IE - $2), which just feels like a 'gold coin donation' to most anyhow. I thought BASA were aiming to get this fee down in recent times, but it appears to have gone up? Regardless, they obviously need the money. I really don't think it's fair to slug hard working coaches, however.

Reply #12700 | Report this post

maybe a season ticket to get in all stadiums is the answer for parents and maybe the clubs could buy them for team mangers do u think that would fix the problem and what should be the cost of them?

Reply #13223 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754