basil fawlty
Years ago

limestone coast teams

why not combine pt augusta, whyalla and pirie teams to for iron triangle team for state champs.

what criteria gives lower SE the chance to field this combonation team?

why not woodville /west merge for state champs and call them western metro ??

i thought it was club championships?

limestone will no doubt win some grades - it will drive me up the wall as a couple of there organizers think they are gods gift to sa country basketball and have been unneccissarily very rude to me - without provocation in the past

if they consider limestone a club - pfffft!!!

Topic #11285 | Report this topic

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Woodville / West merge been done called Western Magic not Metro. Here cames Spadge!! haha

Reply #131440 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

Hey, we're only in reserves, and we combine (Millicent, Mt Gambier, Naracoorte and Bordertown) because our teams arn't strong enough to enter as indiviual clubs. We've only won reserves once. Just ease up.

Reply #131441 | Report this post

basil fawlty  
Years ago

how many sa country players are starters ??

state reps v club reps ???

Reply #131445 | Report this post

basil fawlty  
Years ago

i personally feel some of the limestone teams with several sa country players should try their hand at state not reserves

Reply #131447 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

Look at my team: Under 16 boys. Our team is only between Millicent and Mt Gambier, and we don't even have our team's best players (William Fleming and Tyson Kettle). We are gonna get our butts kicked from Adelaide to Brazil.

Reply #131456 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

i would expect the limestoned teams to just about win every reserve grade - if they have brought all of their sa country reps for their grades

Reply #131482 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Coming all that way to play reserves.... the best of the rest?

What ever does it for ya I guess!

Reply #131497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Over the years i recall Mt Gambier, Whyalla and Broken Hill teams competing in this tournament on invitation. Does this differ?

Reply #131517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic Man,

The general issue is that it is a "CLUB" championship, not an area representative side championship - regardless of who you have playing, and regardless of whether you are strong (as you UNDOUBTABLY are in some of the girls grades in particular) or weaker. If you entered teams from Millicent and Mt. Gambier, no-one would have an issue with it, as all know they play as a "club" per se at Country Champs.

By the way, I'm sure your players appreciate the faith you obviously have in them...

Reply #131604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

generaly tho limestone are without state reps because the state reps are travelling the distance to play district basketball, and hence belong to a club.

Reply #131703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:29 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754