hustle
Years ago

Oakley nails 50pts for Forestville

Oakley had a massive game today. According to Sportingpulse, he scored 50pts and grabbed 25 rebounds in an absolute pounding of the Warriors, 147-73. He also blocked 5 shots and shot 76% from the field.

Is Oakley a backup Forward option for the 36ers?

Topic #11289 | Report this topic

Eagle12  
Years ago

He had an outstanding game & outstanding weekend and would have thrown a few more down today had he not sat out so many mins going into the last. He has to be 1st choice for player of the week. Is Oakley out of contract? Sign him up if he isn't.

Dougie had a pretty handy weekend throwing down a few 3 pointers last night & backing up with a solid game today as well.

Eagles girls put another win on the board as well.

Go you Eagles

Reply #131499 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Beat me to posting this, insane numbers. Also note the F/ville team got 39 assists. What's the record for most team assists in a game in ABL?

Reply #131500 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Sounds like the competition was less than up to standard. If Oakley can keep up his stats, surely he'd be an adequate pickup. Just too hard to tell going off great form against Woodville.

Reply #131501 | Report this post

i was present at this amazing display of dazzling skills. but when you think of 1961-62, when wilt did this every game of the season, its not really that impressive

Reply #131508 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I cant think why Phil isnt chasing Oakley? He seems to fit the 'Phil' mould of quiet achieving players.

Wouldnt be that expensive, should fit on the point cap side of things.

Reply #131510 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

By my calculations, that'd be 103.5 HSA.

50 points, 25 boards, 4 assists, 5 blocks, 19/25 FGs. Unreal.

Reply #131511 | Report this post

squizzy  
Years ago

Certainly was a magnificent game from Oakley who was a different class, however Woodville side was very undermanned in the "talls" dept.

Reply #131522 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

you have got to be kidding me, eastern lowland gorilla...no matter what level or era that this happened in...It is a great effort.!!

Reply #131525 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

He was awesome, not just his inside work, he also hit a number of threes. It doesn't matter who it was against you've still got to be an outstanding player to achieve those stats.

Reply #131534 | Report this post

Alan Shaw  
Years ago

So Oakley over Nash any day people?

Reply #131547 | Report this post

i thought the amazing thing was, he didnt have to earn any of his 50. like i think he had 1 contested bucket. he barely even looked to score and he still finished with 50. if he went down into the post and established himself he could of easily got 60-70 points tonight

Reply #131552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking at the stats norwood v woodville on Sat night, none of the norwood boys came close to touching Oakley's stats. And that was him backing up from a game against West the night before.....

Reply #131565 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

Oakley only picked up 2 fouls getting his 50 points as well.

Reply #131572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil will pick him up because he is in SA and it saves Phil having to do any actual work with scouting or recruiting

Reply #131579 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oakley would have to get rated down from a five to a two to fit into the side, unless I'm mistaken.

Reply #131583 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Surely he has to be in Phil's mind. Same mould for Phil as he is tall but can hit three when needed. This performance hopefully has caught Phil's attention. I Hope to see
Oakley in sixers colours soon.

Reply #131584 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

Don't bet on it Ak-47.
I heard from someone close to Phil that they're not interested in Oakley.

Reply #131586 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I think Oakley would be a ok pick up for the 36ers, but i personally would probably prefer a young guy like a Simon Conn given a shot.

Reply #131587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is tall, versatile, athletic(seen him throw down some awesome alley's), left handed, good defender that can guard a small or a big, he can shoot, and he is very much a team man, not to mention he is leading the ABA in rebounding. be pretty silly not to at least talk to him, would be a great role player for the sixers...if used properly could be as good if not better for the sixers than Sapwell was.

Reply #131600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Someone on OzHoops has suggested that he has no interest in playing for the 36ers (though an article before the ABL season implied otherwise).

Still, like I said, they're a few points off squeezing him in if Copeland signs.

Reply #131603 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

While this is a great feat and can never be taken away from him, Oakley has struggled against better opposition. A player of his size in our local league should be averaging 25 and 15, not saying he isnt a good player but not sure what he can give for the Sixers. At NBL level he produces much the same as Cooops and im not sure if we need a 2nd player like that.

Reply #131609 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

I see where you are coming from Sir Charles... We have signed Dench and we already have Cooper but I think it would help the sixers to have another big man that can shoot the 3 and is a pretty awesome rebounder.

Reply #131613 | Report this post

knackers  
Years ago

Obviously a very good effort and huge numbers albeit against very inferior opposition.
Not the answer for the 36ers by any stretch of the imagination, used to be a good NBL role player with his D and good catch and shoot ability but has really gone downhill the last year or two and should not be considered.

Reply #131622 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Woodville seem to be the victims of a few blowouts where someone has gone for 50 or so points. I can recall Damien Scanlon going for 50 odd in a one sided game against the Warriors last season. Anyone know who did Darren Ng scored his 50+ games against? Funny if it was Woodville too.

Reply #131623 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Has Mastro re-signed with the sixers or still under contract?

IMO Oakley could be a little more effective as a role player than Mastro, who seems to lack confidence when his shot isnt dropping.

Reply #131625 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

TP, Ninja got his 52pt game against the Panthers last year.

His scores against Woodville were 33, 28 and 25.

Probably less relevant because its from last year, lots of new faces in the big man department for Woodville this year.

Reply #131627 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Ng had 50 for Woodville in the past.

Reply #131628 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And Majstro isn't being retained by the 36ers.

Reply #131629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a reminder that it was against Woodville... Peter Steel starting 5, basically playing their div2s with the addition of Mapunda, Birmingham and Pascoe....
My social team could beat them!!

Reply #131634 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

If you had the choice between signing Kane Oakley or Andrew Rice who would you take???
I personally would probably take Rice, if nothing else he is a bit younger and there statistics seem to stack up reasonably similar, Rice is also cheaper in the points cap and i think his best season is better than Oakleys aswell. My overall preference would still be for a Simon Conn or someone like that, but out of Rice and Oakley who would be better???

Reply #131718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he should have dominated. have you seen the woodville team. anyone over 6 feet should dominate that team.no chance for sixers.

Reply #131780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jealousy is a curse

Reply #131799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one else has done what Oakley did against woodville this season or against anyone this season inc NBL players. Let him have his moment of glory, You can't take away those type of stats from anyone ABA or NBL.

Reply #131805 | Report this post

Paul Luchter  
Years ago

Date?

Reply #320133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754