Anonymous
Years ago

NH: Are the Crows the new Sydney?

I hate the way Sydney have played the past few years and now it seems the Crows are out doing them. Now Freo have had to beat the crows at their own game, now how many teams will do this?

I know Craig's job is to win footy games, but at some point they have to care for the supporters and the game.

I will now not watch a crows game, I used to go for them but no more. In fact the way they have been playing has just turned me off AFL together and there is no way I can go for Port after being a crow's supporter.

Would you rather goto the footy and see your team just go down, or would you rather see them win with only kicking 6-7 goals? If it was a once off obviously you would say the win, but if it happens every week then you have to wonder how long will you like AFL for.

Topic #11296 | Report this topic

kdog  
Years ago

Have a whinge mate :)

Reply #131644 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Totally agree.
By far the best game of the round was the Carlton V Brisbane game.

2 teams that were most tipped to finish bottom of the ladder played one of the most enjoyable games in years. Fast, attacking football.

Reply #131645 | Report this post

kdog  
Years ago

Have a whinge mate :)

Reply #131646 | Report this post

Big Bird  
Years ago

Bugger off then, I don't want you as a fellow crows fan!!!!!

Yes they play a zone to slow teams down when they need to but apart from that I like the way they run forward from the back lines with players like Mcleod / Torney and Johncock when he is back.

The weekends game was low scoring because of the conditions and the skills from both teams were a bit average.

I think they are doing a great job competing each week with so many first choice players missing.

Reply #131648 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think no matter what, winning games of footy is what counts, regardless of "supporters and the game".

I've been turned off AFL footy all together, thanks to the bullsh*t new rules (holding the ball most importantly), the soft as sh*t umpiring (bring back the biff) and the annoying whining voices by the umpires who feel like they have to not only umpire a game of footy, but commentate it too.

The AFL is ruining the great game

Reply #131650 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Ok well we will try and lose pretty then idiots

Didn't Sydney win a flag with that style?

Winning is the most important thing, they are down on talent so they have to find other ways - don't care how they do it ... just that they do it

Why don't they try and show heart like Richmond and Melbourne but will be 0 - 5.

I reiterate my earlier point ... "IDIOT"

Reply #131653 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

I agree skip the lions v carlton game was a good one to watch. However i wonder whether the high score, whilst due to some great running from both sides, may also have roots in both sides weak defence.

Unfortunately for the crows all the form stars at the moment are in their defence, and whilst not always spectacular, they are effective and must continue their good work.

Reply #131657 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I look at it from the point of view of promotion.
If you were gonna take someone to a game on the weekend that had never seen a game before the Carl v Bris game would be the one I would take them too.
It would be far more likely that they would then want to go and see another game than say they went and saw the Freo v Adel game.
Free flowing attacking football will appeal far more to kids as well.
It worries me that the keepie off at all cost styles is now filtering into junior grades. The sooner the afl eliminate teams from kicking backwars the better the game will be.

Reply #131674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can not compare Adelaide and Sydney, Sydney win the big games, Crows don't.

Reply #131684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You also cant say that the low scoring of the crows/freo game was because of the conditions, look at ports game and that was in much worse conditions!! I think it had more to do with the skill level on the day being very poor from both teams.

Reply #131686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you want: Netball where they run the ball up and down the court (oval) quickly but with minimal physical contact or hard, agressive tackling and commitment to the ball. I am turned off the AFL where the physical contact is being diminished.

I guess all the people whinging on here about the crows game would also not play zone D in basketball.

Reply #131690 | Report this post

tredders  
Years ago

crows play ugly footy, becoz they arent good enough to play properly.

Get on the port bandwagon, attractive skillful footy,

Port Power
the team for all south australians (who understand football)

Reply #131708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh u really cant compare sydney and adelaide, sydney have a barry hall and we dont simple as that. if we hav had more firing power we would have won last years prelim against west coast. Now we have Ricciuto, Bigglands, Hentcschel, Johncock, Bode, Welsh, Mcgregor, Reilly out due to injury and all u bastards attack us for not playing attacking footy. I also hat all the people who claim we have no plan B!!!. this is ridiculous considering our long injury list and our best forwards missing at the club so we cannot simply play free flowing attacking footy which has results in our recent low scores this season. But to me - a true supporter of the Adelaide Crows football team i have no problem with the gamestyle Neil Craig has instilled upon his footy side and it if it is good enough to beat Port, Bulldogs, and the Swans this year i am very happy if they can continue winning against teams they aren't meant to.

Reply #131722 | Report this post

JARRAD  
Years ago

how quickly the crows fans seem to forget. For years I hear nothing from them but how Port's game plan was ridiculus because all they did was flood and it was disgraceful of williams to coach in this manner, and the crows were so wonderful (they always are) because of how they played attacking free flowing football regardless of conditions team they playing etc. Now they are the kings of the flood and it is all ok to play in that manner, oh yeah but as usual they have an excuse as to why the play in that fashion and guess what it due to no fault of their own, if its not the umpires its because of INJURY. Do they not realise that all clubs have injuries from time to time and perhaps some of the injuries may be down to poor player management? anyway thats my two cents for what it is worth. Go the Power.

By the way i have no problem with the game tatics i say you play however you need to to get the win and it is up to the other teams to overcome those tatics just wish they would stop making excuses and whining all the time?

Port supporters dont get to carried away we have not had success against any team of note yet (perhaps fremantle, i think they end up being highly ranked) so lets wait until we start playing some teams who will be top 6 at the end of the year. then we can get excited.

Reply #131734 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Tredders,
'crows play ugly footy, becoz they arent good enough to play properly".

If the Crows arent good enough to play properly where does that put Port? We did beat u didnt we mate? Does that mean Port cant play properly? And how do u play properly?

Reply #131735 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Sounds to me u dnt understand football!

Reply #131736 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I think you should all stick to bagging the 36ers rather than trying to talk Football cause you suck at it

Reply #131738 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

AK-47 Im pretty sure the power are second so what are u talking about

Reply #131739 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Im talking about the showdown what are u talking about?

Reply #131741 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

All you Port fans dont get too carried away

Your likely to give the Dees their first win of the Season

Your record against them at the G is as follows

98 - Lost by 49
99 - Lost by 24
02 - Lost by 27
03 - Lost by 27
04 - Lost by 53
06 - Lost by 38

I would love to see the wheels fall off the Powers bandwagon....lmao

And before you have a crack at me......im Not a Adelaide supporter

Reply #131746 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

we will see about that

Reply #131748 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

here is how it is crows are fourth port are second therefor port are better

Reply #131749 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

I couldn't give a damn the way they play, as long as they are successful. justin, it's round 4. It's too early to judge, try making that point in round 22. But i am a Crows die-hard, and it was agonising to lose to Fremantle in the dying seconds.

Reply #131751 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Justin
4 games into the season? We beat u! Obviously u dont remember. I can easily remind u! But yet u still think u are better than us! Pffft!

Reply #131753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ak 47 Yes you beat us but you are now one games behind us. Remember Port were not even expected to make the finals and are the second youngest side in the AFL. If they make the finals it is an over acheivement. Anything more would be a fantastic year. Yes MCG record against DEmons is not great, so maybe its time to put change that. Burygone maybe out but Pearce, Brogan and Motlop all to come in. 10 goals plus!!

Reply #131758 | Report this post

JARRAD  
Years ago

see my comments above fezlington i think i have stated that i realise that we have not played anyone of note as yet and therfore way to early to judge. I do however think that we are on the right track and will again be a force to be reckoned with in the not to distance future.

Reply #131759 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Justin - to back up Fez - Crows beat Port a couple of weeks ago.

Port fans are so stupid they can't remember what happened in the not so distant past.

Arguing with a Port fan is futile, arguing with a fool also makes yourself a fool

Reply #131807 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Port fans acting like the uneducated idiots they are.

Another pathetic Port thread. Crows lost by 1point in the last 17seconds against Freo in Perth.

Not too mention that it was in rain aswell.

Reply #131952 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Power will use the prison bar jumper for heritage round.

I think it fits well with most of the Port supporters. Hehe!

Reply #131959 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

As it does with Collingwood supporters.....lol

Reply #131962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

123abc You lost!! You are a game behind us!! It is was in the rain?? oh my god you are a knob. It is a winter sport and it seems some teams can play in the wet and some can't. Your excuses are pathetic. Yes Port will wear it jumper. What will the Crows wear?

Reply #131967 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

As a Crows supporter, I feel the need to tell my fellow fans to just let the Port fans go. If they want to go on about how good they are after FIVE rounds then good on them.

If they think they're so much better than the Crows, eventhough we beat them the other week and are only one one-point loss behind them on the ladder, then we should just let them think that.

Reply #131971 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Hehe Gold 123abc GOLD!

Reply #131972 | Report this post

RSB  
Years ago

So if Crows are better then Port just because they beat them a couple of weeks ago I guess the mighty Bombers are better then the crows.

Reply #132023 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Of course they are.
Go the Bombers!

Reply #132027 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL.....the Bombers are shit

need i remind you of a 48pt lead over Carlton to get run over in the second half....lmao

Cmon Blue Baggers

Reply #132029 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can you imagine how painful this forum would be if there were two NBL sides playing out of Adelaide...?

Reply #132038 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

Haha well said Isaac! The sixers do get bashed in enough quantity for two teams anyway, why not share the love?

Reply #132044 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Sixers get bashed by their own supporters, us.

Because south australian 36ers supporters are generally educated about the game we know when Adelaide aren't playing aswell as they should be or recruiting half talented players.

If the Sixers don't try, we get on their backs.

Same applies to the Crows.

Reply #132048 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:08 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754