Big Bird
Years ago

Slamball in Australia

http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=inJ2k4mpVCo

Who would be interested in competing in Slam Ball?

Full contact is permited if you are playing the ball.

Topic #11299 | Report this topic

Flinders 53  
Years ago

you know of a league? or even location in Australia to get a game?

Reply #131661 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doubt it would exist here at all?

Reply #131663 | Report this post

---  
Years ago

that would be awsome!

Reply #131665 | Report this post

Big Bird  
Years ago

Stand by - it may be here in the near future.

It's four on four

Reply #131670 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Hell yeah. Im in

Reply #131740 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

I'd play. Pull out my 360 windmill climbing on someone's back, ohh yeah!

Reply #131755 | Report this post

T-mac  
Years ago

Hell yes slamball in oz show them all up it betta be kumin or im movin

Reply #153595 | Report this post

Kilza  
Years ago

Any Plans on slamball in Australia

Reply #174088 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not that I'm aware of, but if you're looking for some cage basketball with no rules...

Reply #174090 | Report this post

scott  
Years ago

can some one please teel me how, where or when we can get slamball started in aus...

Reply #199002 | Report this post

Dog 16  
Years ago

hell yes im in if anyone finds out where there is one leave a comment with details thanx

Reply #199109 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Hell yea if you find one i'm in

Reply #199386 | Report this post

Vegas  
Years ago

i recon we should start a petition and then try and find sponsership. then send it to the league boss over in the states and get them to start a league here.

Reply #201105 | Report this post

nathan NORRIS  
Years ago

hell yer boi i will play

Reply #201217 | Report this post

Chris of Syydney  
Years ago

Ye id play that game its better than normal basketball do they have it i n Australia coz they should

Reply #202314 | Report this post

Robweeks  
Years ago

Yeah saw slam ball for the first time on sunday then watched heaps of clips on youtube of it and i am in love with it. watched it tonight on fuel tv and yeah its so insanely awesome and i would be so keen on joining a team i be first in line to try out. but yeah defently want this sport in aus. not sure on how us aus fans can go about getting it to aus thou. be the best game to play.

Reply #202317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

7:00 PM on Fuel TV am i correct?

Reply #202318 | Report this post

Grote 28  
Years ago

Watched "This is Slamball" on Fuel this evening, taped it and Im watching it again as we speak. I need to see more.......
Does anybody know if there is oing to be games telecast?
And F-Yeah! I would love to play this game. Its the best thing Ive ever seen. Its as if this game is calling me. It HAS to come to Australia. Before Im too old.......and Im getting there.

Reply #202352 | Report this post

Sally  
Years ago

Well, once the Aussie league is up and running the chicks comp will only be about 150 years later. Then again, I play Ice Hockey with blokes so I'd play Slamball with the blokes too, I'll bounce higher and just walk over your heads, lol.

Just saw 'this is Slamball' on Fuel too. It said they'd be televising it on Monday night at 19:30. But I went forward to set a reminder and there's something else listed at that time. I'll call foxtel and leave another post when I find out.

Reply #202420 | Report this post

Sally  
Years ago

Spoke to Foxtel. There's been no program update so the ad must have given the wrong date or time. They couldn't find it but told me to keep checking as sometimes program updates take a while to come through.

So, best idea is still Monday at 19:30 of Fuel.

Reply #202432 | Report this post

Kurt  
Years ago

I have been thinking about how to get a competition running for slamball for a while now, if anyone has any ideas, I would be happy to join in. This game kicks arse

Reply #202614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we've gotta display a support for it here and try and get the bosses in america to start a league here

Reply #202699 | Report this post

smitty  
Years ago

ye im in, i think we shuld try get people 2 invest in it, like rich people :P
n then find an old court n shit n build from there
i got 3 mates that wanna do it with me already, so i got my team :P

Reply #203259 | Report this post

18bombers  
Years ago

bring slamball to downunder it would be awsome.

Afl and other sports like basketball are loved in australia

Slamball would be msaaive because of those two things

Footy is in slamball by tackling and bumping like the afl

Reply #203346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im dyn to play frigin slamball and ill own a ases
if there is even a slamball court in aus

Reply #203587 | Report this post

Firas  
Years ago

SLAM BALL IS THE BEST..even tho im 15 and kinda short bu that aint ganna stop me ill just go under ur legs and dunk the shit out of the ring!!!

Reply #203767 | Report this post

Bradley  
Years ago

Yeah it would be awesome to play here in Australia.

I'd join cause it looks like great fun

Reply #203804 | Report this post

Wagga Roo  
Years ago

Hi All,

Made contact with Mason Gordon and he mentioned that he shares my (our) excitement for SlamBall in Oz - Hope to speak with him more regarding this... Apparently he is in China at the moment. It could be going Global, its already in Italy and the UK.

Reply #203999 | Report this post

Kurt  
Years ago

Would love to give this ago just saw it for the first time today and it looks farkin awesome..someone please get it started over here.. it would be a much better league than the nbl and a hell of alot more exciting/interesting. the possibility for an aussie league is to good to imagine.

Reply #204059 | Report this post

josh  
Years ago

im in ....

would love to play

Reply #205018 | Report this post

Gold Coastie  
Years ago

we should all pitch in our ideas and figure out how to get this dope sport to aust.

Reply #205184 | Report this post

kayley  
Years ago

I have a ten year old desperate to play slam ball if it ever gets up and running here.

Reply #205273 | Report this post

slambal  
Years ago

Im only young but i am thinking of trying to get it started up somewhere

Reply #206829 | Report this post

Count me in! I'm sure we can show america how slamball is played! THe ages can be from 11 and over!
We could make this happen!!! we could have start off with 2 in every state thats up for it adn build on from there!!!
Slam Ball needs to be Promoted into Australia!!!!!!!

Reply #206857 | Report this post

Count me in! I'm sure we can show america how slamball is played! THe ages can be from 11 and over!
We could make this happen!!! we could have start off with 2 in every state thats up for it adn build on from there!!!
Slam Ball needs to be Promoted into Australia!!!!!!!

Reply #206858 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Has anyone actually seen a full game of slam ball or just the highlights on youtube. I have watched it on FuelTV and I must say the half dozen games i saw didnt get me excited at all.

I reckon Farley would do well cos defense isn't required

Reply #206862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i really, really want to play this game!!

maybe we should just start it up ourselves and promote it ourselves. im up for that

Reply #207705 | Report this post

Phyier  
Years ago

Ya ya!! id love to play or watch... it dont matter casue its so awesome!!

Reply #207871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GET SLAMBALL TO COME TO AUSTRALIA

Reply #208016 | Report this post

Weasel  
Years ago

Fark yeah count me in. I'm thinkin of starting my own team as well. It wouldn't take that much to start an amatuer league and work our way up from that, then we can modify some rules for our own fun.

Reply #209827 | Report this post

mace  
Years ago

it would be awwesome in aus
id play

Reply #209849 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

does anybody kno of any courts being built in aus?
somebody in the business for building bball courts could take the initiative and build a court. it would have the distinction of being the only slamball court in aus.
or u could wait for mason gordon to come over.

Reply #211233 | Report this post

an  
Years ago

Im 14, and definatley interested in playing.
Have made the state trampolining team as well as state basketball.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open

Reply #211400 | Report this post

beeh  
Years ago

dood it should be in ozy ma it the bomb

Reply #214108 | Report this post

tripa  
Years ago

Slamball is ridiculous why have four aside?
Just another one of these games made up by someone who cant play the real thing please give me a break i challenge anyone to watch it for more than 10 min without flickin the remote

Reply #214114 | Report this post

leopard 84  
Years ago

dude are you serious... slamball is possibly the greatest sport in the world!

Reply #217958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i feel it should be here now.

Reply #227378 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

Go Slamball

Reply #231445 | Report this post

mitch  
Years ago

are there any places in Australia i can play slam ball? plz reply

Reply #231607 | Report this post

brenno  
Years ago

oi tripa...i must say...you may want to do some research first...i watched one game tonight on the new channel one, and it was mentioned that one of the players used to be an all star and most of them came from basketball backgrounds..one had a gridion background..so i am fair sure they can all play it 'for real'...oh aaaaaaaand i watched the whole 20 minutes game...eyes stuck to the television wanting more, so i am definitely in for wanting it in aus!! I NEED MORE!!!

Reply #232593 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

yeah yeah im in

Reply #233707 | Report this post

Deon  
Years ago

We need to get this out to somebody im sure theres somebody that has an interest in it that has somemoney ive been watching since the first couple games a couple years back and i was thinking maybe of jus havin a couple courts built and then try to start up a league theres a huge demand for this sport anybody wana talkabout plans with me jus send a message

Reply #233714 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

I tell ya what..., If I had the spare cash I'd out lay it for a few courts here in Melb....
Im 6'7' & 114kg with a back gound of State, Aust Rep and US College Basketball.
Only problem is Im now 29yo but still willing to dunk on a young chump, so if any of you out there here of games in any state. Let me know.
Cheers fellow fans of Slamball..

Reply #236044 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I am still trying to find a complete copy of the rule book but am currently trying to build a court in Perth WA. Doesn't quite look as professional as on tv and is only half court but is still great fun. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Reply #237495 | Report this post

Nik  
Years ago

Dave, your a legend!
now all i need is a flight to perth ;)
Definately keeping an eye on the devolopement of this.
Hope to see you all high flying soon.

Reply #238905 | Report this post

sam  
Years ago

if a court got built in every captial city it would be all over the news and wouldnt be long before more and more courts would start popping up. someone get this started...PLEASE. slamball rep

Reply #239051 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

slamball is wicked sick .. I'd be slammin and psoterizing on y'all ....

Reply #239064 | Report this post

axdasd  
Years ago

dave where bouts in perth is it being built??

Reply #239096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

slamball is awesome. I like basketball but wasnt really tall enough to play professionally. It gives the smaller guys to have a go.

Reply #241250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Slamball owns!
i'd so play if it came to Australia.
it would be good if it had different age groups.
im 12

Reply #242468 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Only 12?? You can play on Adrian Wallace's team.

Reply #242473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like SLAMBALL is doing very well on One HD.

According to the following article, it's out-rating some ANZ championship games and coming close to Formula 1.

http://linky.com.au/oq7wv

Reply #242474 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

u should just start our own slamball teams

Reply #247293 | Report this post

Rhys  
Years ago

you could make a massive fortune if you started it in australia. You would be the next benjamin franklin, well in my mind.

Reply #256474 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not so sure. I think you'd lose tonnes of money just setting up and gaining awareness.

Reply #256495 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

No need to spend a lot on marketing. This sport is so spectator friendly that it markets itself. Fair enough your initial comp involves a lot of unco white guys, but seriously it is like UFC- every guy wishes they could play!

Reply #256957 | Report this post

rob  
Years ago

Hi I'm really into slamball and have a few millionaire friends, if someone could let me know things like basic costs and any necessary stuff to do with the actual slamball league I can run the idea past them. I live in Melbourne.

Reply #256976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sup slam ball rules i wonna play but i heard it's a american thing and wont come to aus shame seya

Reply #258043 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Hey rob, basically you need one court with 3 tramps on each end with 1 ring at each end. Then there are 2-3 refs. Also the US ones have like fibre glass walls to protect audience members. All up it shouldnt be more the $200,000 i think.

It would take off in australia and getting sponsors like V or Rockstar etc shouldnt be too hard.

Anyway that is a run through, hopefully someone can come up with the cash or contacts

Reply #262658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a league that they were trying to start in NSW. However, the company they saw about trying to get trampolines and padding (the same company that do the backboards and rings at pretty much every stadium in SA... Acro something) were scared off by the legal side of things. And after recomendation from their lawyers, re: people suing them, they declined the offer.

Any other trampolines sold in Australia are pretty much rubbish. Like stuff sold in Kmart that isnt even Australian... and breaks in 2 weeks

Reply #262665 | Report this post

Rob  
Years ago

Hey Guys

I'm 13 i would love to play Slamball like you all would. anyway i made this site for Slamball Aus http://slamball.ning.com/ so have a look hope you like it.

Reply #262723 | Report this post

anthony  
Years ago

does anyone know if perth is going to have a team..... i want in on this if they are

Reply #263246 | Report this post

Toby  
Years ago

Hey Dudes.
I'm 13 too and I love slamball, ever since I saw the ad on One HD yesterday I am obsessed. Hopefully they give Hobart a team. We seem to miss out on heaps of stuff... Oh well catcha later ;)

Reply #263617 | Report this post

Toby  
Years ago

Its coming this Feburary... 2nd Feb 2010 ... http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_is_slamball_getting_brought_into_Australia

Reply #263618 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Hey guys can you join my facebook group. its about slamball in australia

Reply #264043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=618686341&ref=ts#/group.php?gid=288471259687&ref=ts

I Started a facbook group to get the interest in slamball out there. if your serious about slamball you NEED to join this group

Reply #264910 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

I would seriously sign up for this. Now if only Australia would put Slamball here in Sydney + Melbourne along with the other states/areas

Reply #266919 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Did the sign up event happen in Melbourne on the 2 Feb ?? Very interested in playing - probably need some sort of magnate to get behind it and fund the building of at least a court in eac h Australian city. Packer / Singleton ?

Reply #270734 | Report this post

bobthebuilder  
Years ago

i would seriously sign up if there were a junior competition im 14 and i reckon that would be the best sports for Australia because its brutel heaps of ppl like bball and the sports just cool anyway

Reply #274351 | Report this post

popeye  
Years ago

best game goin around better then sliced cheese

Reply #276613 | Report this post

popeye jr  
Years ago

better then chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and im a man who likes his chicken

Reply #276614 | Report this post

slamballissickkkk  
Years ago

anybody know of any courts in SA?

You could also try and find a gymnasium that trampolines (for gymnastics or something) and just bring rings in there and hire it out or something

Reply #278521 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I heard that slamball folded in the USA, it's done

Reply #278536 | Report this post

Adrian  
Years ago

Hi my name is Adrian and i have my own promotion company and have been fan of slam ball since it has started. I now have 2 successful businesses and I think it is about time we start a slam ball legue. Is there enybody out there who would like to help?

Contact me through my email address: [email protected]

Reply #304541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No more waiting the time is now. If you would like to play Slamball please sign the Slamball Australia petition at www.gopetition.com and help start the Australian Slamball Organisation.

Contact Adrian for any more information at [email protected]

Reply #306403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you would like to play Slamball please sign the Slamball Australia petition and help start the Australian Slamball Organisation.

FOLLOW THE LINK:

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/42442.html

ALSO, JOIN US ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE UPDATES AND HEAPS OF INFO,JUST SEARCH: SLAMBALL AUSTRALIA

SO YOU THINK YOUVE GOT WHAT IT TAKES??

Reply #330621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you would like to play Slamball please sign the Slamball Australia petition and help start the Australian Slamball Organisation.

FOLLOW THE LINK:

ALSO, JOIN US ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE UPDATES AND HEAPS OF INFO,JUST SEARCH: SLAMBALL AUSTRALIA

Reply #330622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FOLLOW THE LINK:

Reply #330623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FOLLOW THE LINK:

Reply #330624 | Report this post

Sanga  
Years ago

Get Slam ball to aus... quick

Reply #330911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id play and we can all kick ass

Reply #331138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id play and we can all kick ass

Reply #331139 | Report this post

e3dxz  
Years ago

slamballl :)

Reply #337241 | Report this post

Phobos 18  
Years ago

Looks great i'd play for sure.

Reply #339888 | Report this post

Rickballer  
Years ago

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=317226939099&ref=ts check this petition out

Reply #342173 | Report this post

slam  
Years ago

its here. www.slamballaustralia.com.au.

You can sign up to play. They are creating a league, training starts in September in Melbourne

Reply #358252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to be 15 years or over to play slamball in australia

Reply #360291 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754